Help › Forums

What on earth has happened?

Mon, Jan 10 2022 11:19 AM (83 replies)
  • MarchieB
    1,524 Posts
    Fri, Nov 12 2021 5:36 PM

BIGAL123:

See the FAQ "How to Equip Your Bag"-->>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

That link isn't really much help as its based on the old Flash game and what it describes does not exist anymore or function in the same way now.

Changing Clubs

View this post at https://www.wgt.com/forums/p/686970/4594962.aspx#4594962

• senec
    252 Posts
    Sun, Nov 14 2021 2:25 PM

Got it thank you!

• HamdenPro
    2,402 Posts
    Sun, Nov 14 2021 5:11 PM

senec:
    .I still have them in my inventory but don't know how to put them back in my bag.

Senec's link to the FAQ page is for the flash version, which no longer applies.

To equip your clubs in the newer version, from the start/home page, click your player pic or icon on top right of screen, it will open up displaying your current club set up. On bottom of screen, you can click on Edit Equipment, this will allow you to select and equip your clubs.

You can edit your avatar and apparal the same way.

EDIT: Did not see Marchie's reply b4 sending my own...Just ignore me...lol

• MioKontic
    4,587 Posts
    Wed, Nov 17 2021 2:39 PM

twinponds169:

borntobesting:
    The game play is exactly the same as flash without all the meter stutters that plagued so may players.

I disagree and agree, it does not play even close to the Flash version but the meter does have just one quality, it's smoother.

The game play of that meter however, is not even remotely close to the same for me, sadly. For all of the 2200+ consecutive days that I've played and loved this game, I have been an off-ding putter. The meter now, does not translate that even remotely close. I've only been playing it for 3 weeks but I'm not making any headway back to my prior putting capabilities. A putt that I would make 9 out of 10 times by clicking maybe an 1/8th of an inch early before the center ding, I now need to click just barely past the flop line to have any chance of sinking it.

My other big issue with this new version is that I play 95% of my games multi stroke with some good friends each evening. The screen no longer being interactive when it's not your shot has made watching paint dry more entertaining. "Watching Opponent"? No sheet Sherlock, what the hay else is there to do?

Dead and useless mini-map. Can't check my yardage or look at different cam angles for my next shot, can't even click on reverse cam to watch my pal's putt, can't do anything but stare at an ugly avatar ***. Has made the game very boring and takes longer to play now as well since you can't really brain prep your next shot at all, you use more timer when it finally is your turn again.

Like I said, it's only been 3 weeks and I'm hanging in there but the off-ding putting and the dead screen in multi are my two biggest peeves.

EDIT: Okay, 3 peeves, lol. Did they put the dang ding on a diet or something? Fatten it up a little, hitting the dang thing is much more difficult now despite a smoother meter. Seems to always be just the tiniest pixel off and much more penalizing in a side wind for just BARELY missing it.

You are spot on with everything you've said about the new version.  Basically, IT'S CRAP!  WGT should write a book on how to take what was an excellent product and turn it into a cartoon app!  Like you, I always used to view different cameras when my opponent(s) is/are playing, but now all you can do is sit and stare at a dead screen, sometimes for a whole minute because players are so crap they can't do things without a calculator/notes/spreadsheets etc.  They even take over 30 seconds for a drive!  I waste half my day sitting here doing nothing while the other players take an eternity to play their shots.

After 11 months you'd have thought things might be better, but no!  Today there has been a game update.  The only thing I can see is a background colour change for "Edit Equipment", "Edit Apparel", and the next-to-useless Friends list.  And the change in colour isn't easy on the eyes - typical WGT update!  And what about any bug fixes that we've been complaining about since they first brought out the PCEA version???  Yeah right, don't expect that any time soon!  Making cosmetic changes when there are real problems to fix!

Verdict - ABSOUTELY USELESS!

• butlick
    5 Posts
    Sun, Nov 21 2021 8:15 PM

I agree the game is useless. My meter jumps so you can not play the game. It was a great enjoyable game but since the change a piece of junk. If you can not play the game WGT ought to refund you your credits you have on hand and for the credits spent on avatars you lost when the changed.

• butlick
    5 Posts
    Sun, Nov 21 2021 8:17 PM

Yea I know what you mean, I lost my too, along with the ability to play because of a jumping meter.

• psychoaussie
    726 Posts
    Fri, Dec 24 2021 11:16 PM

I used to play this game religiously! Now its not even a 3rd rate game, graphics where better on my Com 64. Whoever changed this, way to go, you totally Fkd a good game. Good luck populating the way the old version was.

• IamNicklaus
    493 Posts
    Sat, Dec 25 2021 1:20 AM

psychoaussie:

I used to play this game religiously! Now its not even a 3rd rate game, graphics where better on my Com 64. Whoever changed this, way to go, you totally Fkd a good game. Good luck populating the way the old version was.

Happy xmas :) 

• Kzfarms
    28 Posts
    Mon, Dec 27 2021 8:30 AM

The old time players are getting the shaft. I see players that are tour masters  and legends and have only played 30 ranked games  

• SamSpayed
    4,874 Posts
    Mon, Dec 27 2021 9:36 AM

Kzfarms:

The old time players are getting the shaft. I see players that are tour masters and legends and have only played 30 ranked games  

They probably play a lot of coin games.  Don't really see how that equates to giving the shaft to old-time players, though.

RSS