Help › Forums

Replays and Saving Shots

rated by 0 users
Thu, Jul 28 2022 7:50 AM (41 replies)
  • ScottHope
    10,093 Posts
    Sat, Dec 26 2020 10:43 AM

borntobesting:
    If you go to your profile page through a flash based browser you can see your replays for a few more days...

Sorry Joe, but they're gone. WGT removed them more than a week ago without warning. : (

• Santiago124
    157 Posts
    Sat, Dec 26 2020 11:23 AM

Darn it... i tried to send this message twice thru the WGT "Contact " Tab but was unsuccessful on both attempts.  Suspiciously though, I hope you do not mind me posting it here in the hope that someone from the WGT Planet hives a hoot.

"A Merry Christmas to you all at WGT.  it's really sad to know that very soon, this game that I have loved and the only one i play will soon be history and this is what I am only begging for that you reconsider and fulfill as a final act of customer care for the legacy players of WGT.  While I know several players who have not really cared to keep the 10 Best Career moments in their WGT life but I am certainly NOT from that lot.  You see, these may have been shots made on solo games but also on multiple player formats so, in essence, it is our right as members to fully utilize a feature that is practically ours but indeed stored by default into the game which would seem like the Member Trophies that are propped up on walls of most, if not, all golf clubs across the globe and then just in a "Flash" (no pun intended), it's all removed from the clubhouse and dumped to eternal oblivion.. This may all seem to be too trivial and the least of your priorities for now,, but for me, IT IS NOT, these are valuable memoirs of our achievements sadly stolen from us... Therefore,  "regardless of the "beef"(if any at all), you had or have with Flash, we are not deserving of this service I do not think it is TOO MUCH TO REQUEST WGT as a parting gift to restore our allocated 10 saved replays from a self-limiting repository and perhaps make it available ONLY for a limited time before it's finally purged..  I beg to hear your positive feedback sooner than later.  Stay safe and Happy Holidays.

Sincerely,

James a.k.a Santi

P.S. Thank you

Scott

• Luciano18
    316 Posts
    Sat, Dec 26 2020 11:33 AM

Scott, Joe, thanks gents 

I had saved some previous ones (via Url) and copied to a word doc

I would think I could still whew those - so long as I still have flash I suspect 

Mr Protonic - thanks for finding that notice from July 

We shall await with bated breath for the replay option to return 

Luciano 

• ScottHope
    10,093 Posts
    Sat, Dec 26 2020 1:09 PM

Luciano, record your replays with a screen recorder if you want to save them.

They will be viewable with flash until December 29th, after that they will not work and you will not be able to record them because they will not play.

Akone12 made a video showing how to record them with Windows 10's screen recorder.

Do not wait for WGT to do anything, you don't have time.

• RoggRR
    584 Posts
    Sun, Dec 27 2020 2:11 PM

I suppose wgt will make a converter for the replays, so we should watch old flash replays in new wgt unity version.

When? .... who knows

• ScottHope
    10,093 Posts
    Sun, Dec 27 2020 3:14 PM

Champ said in October that our flash replays will be lost after Dec 29th.

• RoggRR
    584 Posts
    Sun, Dec 27 2020 3:57 PM

I was hoping, Scott. Thought, if 3D maps and playground images  are definied at the same way in both wgt versions, it shouldnt be so hard to make it work again, in unity version (the ball flying or rolling over the playground) 

I know, they have to do a lot of the other things, but ..... I hope they will do it, someday

• Santiago124
    157 Posts
    Sun, Dec 27 2020 4:17 PM

Hi Scott,

Thank you for sharing your method of saving and urging the matter with a deadline in a couple of days... I just hope wgt cares to bring it back for old WGT format time's sake.

Have a Happy and safe 2021!!

Fore,

Santi

• protonc
    644 Posts
    Sun, Dec 27 2020 4:41 PM

borntobesting:

If you go to your profile page through a flash based browser you can see your replays for a few more days, but do more than just look at them. Following Scott Hope's advice I recorded some of my favorite replays, 

Don't see them listed on my profile page.  Was going to use the Windows + G feature.

• ScottHope
    10,093 Posts
    Mon, Dec 28 2020 2:32 AM

RoggRR:
    I was hoping, Scott. Thought, if 3D maps and playground images  are definied at the same way in both wgt versions, it shouldnt be so hard to make it work again, in unity version (the ball flying or rolling over the playground)  I know, they have to do a lot of the other things, but ..... I hope they will do it, someday

It would be nice if that were to happen Rogg, but I have my doubts. Then again, never say never. ; )

Santiago124:
    Hi Scott,  Thank you for sharing your method of saving and urging the matter with a deadline in a couple of days... I just hope wgt cares to bring it back for old WGT format time's sake.  Have a Happy and safe 2021!!  Fore,  Santi 

Thank you Santiago & you're welcome. Best wishes for 2021 too.  ; )

protonc:
    Don't see them listed on my profile page.  Was going to use the Windows + G feature.

Alas they may have disappeared for good. But, there is something called the wayback machine. You could try entering your profile page URL into it to see if it has been saved at any point, you might get lucky.

RSS