Replays and Saving Shots

rated by 0 users
Thu, Jul 28 2022 7:50 AM (41 replies)
  • HamdenPro
    2,413 Posts
    Fri, Jun 3 2022 11:09 AM

puma1220:
    I am hesitant to put another program on my machine to do recordings

The x-box console, most likely, is already in your "machine" if you are using a PC.

Load the game and the hit the windows key and the letter "G", win+g.

This should load the xbox console as an overlay in the game.  You can take screen shots, record previous 30 seconds (good for replays) or record your entire game while you play.

• ScottHope
    10,094 Posts
    Fri, Jun 3 2022 1:01 PM

Although the built in replay feature of the flash game was very convenient, the only thing you could do with it, was capture replays of your own shots.

Now that we are forced to use something else, it may not be as convenient, but you can capture any game event you like, your shots, someone else's shots, glitches, chat and even events that happen in the lobby.

• borntobesting
    9,623 Posts
    Sat, Jun 4 2022 11:06 AM

puma1220:

Thanks for the response.  I am hesitant to put another program on my machine to do recordings.  Crazy it's not an option in game, and even crazier that it sounds like it used to be, but was lost with an "upgrade"...

Anyway, happy shooting to you!

It was available on the old flash version of the game, We lost that when Flash went away. There was replay capabilities on The Apple IOS version called Everyplay. that lasted about a year. WGT dropped Everyplay for some reason and in 2018 Unity shut Everyplay down. Why they haven't created a new way to save replays is anyone's guess. 

This is what Sham said about it.

We are no longer using the service that hosted these mobile replays. We are looking into other options for replays but so far no news on what this would be or when it would be implemented. 

Best,
    WGTShamWow 

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Sat, Jun 4 2022 2:49 PM

HamdenPro:
    This should load the xbox console as an overlay in the game.  You can take screen shots, record previous 30 seconds (good for replays) or record your entire game while you play.

I know you've told me this before HP but ..... after I record a game like that how do I copy them onto somewhere to somewhere like my blog?

• HamdenPro
    2,413 Posts
    Sat, Jun 4 2022 3:42 PM

DodgyPutter:
    I know you've told me this before HP but ..... after I record a game like that how do I copy them onto somewhere to somewhere like my blog?

In some instances, such as discord, you can simply upload the replay right from your saved file.

Other times, like in these forums, I upload the file to IMGUR. From IMGUR, I can copy the link and post in blogs. You can also try uploading to Flickr (which is free as well), and use the flickr link to post (although I have not tried it with videos, but it works with pictures). My personal preference is IMGUR.

EDIT: I have also been able to upload replays to You Tube and from there, copy and paste the link, in blogs. That may work for you as well.

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Sat, Jun 4 2022 4:09 PM

It was the imgur I was remembering but it seems the game files are too big for there, I'll try the others tomorrow.  Thanks :-)

• HamdenPro
    2,413 Posts
    Sat, Jun 4 2022 4:45 PM

DodgyPutter:
    It was the imgur I was remembering but it seems the game files are too big for there,

I have never tried uploading an entire round to IMGUR. I would imagine it could be done, but will take forever. It may work better uploading to you tube and using a you tube link to paste in your blog - IMO

• ScottHope
    10,094 Posts
    Sun, Jun 5 2022 1:00 AM

DodgyPutter:
    It was the imgur I was remembering but it seems the game files are too big for there, I'll try the others tomorrow.  Thanks :-)

DP, video uploads to imgur are limited to 200MB and 60 seconds duration. ; )

⇩ EDIT : Hehe.  : )) ⇩

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Sun, Jun 5 2022 1:57 AM

ScottHope:
    DP, video uploads to imgur are limited to 200MB and 60 seconds duration. ; )

Hmm may have to speed up my play a tad, although the other bit might still be tricky ;-)

Edit: Lol turns out I had a U tube channel and even some old uel stuff, all I needed was a boy to sort things out :-) 

RSS