Forums

Help › Forums

buying credits but we cant send back to our paypal acct\...wgt staff should read...

Mon, Dec 21 2009 10:29 AM (20 replies)
  • FrozenSteaks
    4 Posts
    Fri, Dec 18 2009 6:29 PM
    Its stinks because I got all fired up for those ready and goes before I saw the "skilled gaming" rules.
  • chipshotcharlie
    538 Posts
    Fri, Dec 18 2009 7:15 PM

My thoughts are this, if we win credits for upgrades of equipment thats fine, no withdrawal thats fine too but i bet most of the cut wgt takes gets withdrawn for cash and lines there pockets, thats fine too. but at least use most of it for development as u can make a ball that slows the meter but if we complain about said meter its a glitch or its our pc . WGT dont treat us with contempt GEO got booted because its a socalled gambling site if this is the case let him back or give those that choose to wager credits the chance to cash them in.

thx merry cristmas chippy

• Ketner
    49 Posts
    Sun, Dec 20 2009 11:54 PM

Simply asking for a withdrawal option if we are turning cash into credits is very reasonable snaike. Being that I am playing here, posting here, I have no interest in Fulltilt Poker or alike games.  There is wagering, there should be a withdrawal option. Thats all there is to it. Otherwise we should be able to wager fake funds rather than have to use real funds  but then wgt wouldnt gain anything from it. A withdrawal option is reasonable and should be available. Period.

• PRIESTESS
    10,705 Posts
    Mon, Dec 21 2009 1:10 AM
    I would deffinately like to see a withdrawal option in the credits section,,if there isnt il just have to treat all my friends which wouldnt be bad,,But the withdrawal option should be available,,
  • andyoz
    465 Posts
    Mon, Dec 21 2009 9:15 AM

A withdrawl option would encourage people to play the game and buy more credits.  Now people are not as interesting in buying credits and they know they will never get that money back.  With a chance at being able to withdraw any winnings I am sure many more people will flood to this excellent game.

Plus people will be happy to spend money entering tournaments.  Say doing ready go tournaments at 500 credits to enter, with the winnings be x5 what they are now.  WGT would be making alot more money and more people would be splashing out on credits.

Does anyone know if there is a good reason why there is no withdrawl option at the moment? 

• EllisSpice
    871 Posts
    Mon, Dec 21 2009 9:41 AM

I see to think of it like this.

A new Tiger Woods game (if they are still called that!) costs £40/$60. When you play it, you don't expect anything back.

This game is 'free', but 'to improve your experience', you buy clubs, maybe again around £40/$60. As such, you shouldn't expect anything back.

• SLASHX
    278 Posts
    Mon, Dec 21 2009 10:00 AM

WGT credits = cash... period.

They take a rake of 10% out of matchplay challenges. The new ready go tourneys net WGT $10 a tourney. They collect $50 in entry fees and pay out $40 in prizes. So they have made about $1000 in the last 4 days off just ready go tourneys. They also dont allow all players to participate based on "skilled gaming" laws. Why is that? If this were world of warcraft or whatever other examples have been thrown out in this thread to compare WGT to.. would they limit participation because of "skilled gaming" laws? No they wouldn't. They do that because WGT credits=cash and we are gambling.

This site is set up for one reason... to make money.... and based on the percentages they take out of our tourney fees and challenges with each other they are doing a fine job of making money and if they allow us to cash out our winnings then they make less money because they have to give some of it back... and that isnt likely to happen. I knew all i needed to know about this site when they came out with new avatars with red shirts with a $7.50 price tag on them and spent the time on programming that rather than fixing the fundamental flaws in the game. Throw in $1.30 a 3-pack virtual balls that last a few rounds and $30+ sets of clubs and asst. misc BS like $7.50 avatars with different colored shirts [LMAO] and this site makes a killing.

There should be a way to cash out just like there is a way to deposit.

• andyoz
    465 Posts
    Mon, Dec 21 2009 10:15 AM

The thing that i don't understand is how WGT don't realise the potential they have here.  Yes they are making good money from the site now, and yes giving us a withdrawl option would mean alot of cash disapears, but people would be so much more willing to pay to enter tournaments and more likely to play the Matchplay Challenge, so WGT would soon seen their profits rocketing!  

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Mon, Dec 21 2009 10:22 AM

New book coming out: "How to Quit Your Day Job and Make Over $3000 a Month Playing WGT"!

• EllisSpice
    871 Posts
    Mon, Dec 21 2009 10:25 AM

Doublemochaman:

New book coming out: "How to Quit Your Day Job and Make Over $3000 a Month Playing WGT"!

Will it be in the WGT gift store? Do I get a free calendar? Can one of you gift it to me (and that cheater software that comes from the same shop)?

/sarcasm 

RSS