Forums

Help › Forums

buying credits but we cant send back to our paypal acct\...wgt staff should read...

Mon, Dec 21 2009 10:29 AM (20 replies)
  • Ketner
    49 Posts
    Fri, Nov 27 2009 10:02 PM

You know your involved in a onesided deal when you can only buy credits but you cant return them to your paypal account....

I think its hilarious because any other site that i use for gambling, buying, rewards etc.... i can cash out my winnings/funds via paypal, credit card, or the easiest yet a check...

Wgt... to your staff and designers... we all willingly put faith and money into this cause but now you come out with a match challenge that we can earn credits from one another while wgt takes a hefty cut but yet we cant cash them out... .. ridiculous...

DRAIN OUR POCKETS AND YOU WILL HAVE NO WGT MEMBERS......

• WGTadmin2
    1,152 Posts
    Sat, Nov 28 2009 10:03 AM

Ketner - WGT credits are meant to be purchased to upgrade your playing experience and not meant as a monetary medium for you to cash out.  The majority of the game experience is free and there are free ways to earn credits, which we will be improving in the future.

All the best, and happy holidays.

• Ketner
    49 Posts
    Sat, Dec 5 2009 12:32 PM

ther should be a withdrawal option. Period.

• kinkydevil
    33 Posts
    Thu, Dec 10 2009 7:44 AM
    Agree, all over money games with wageing etc you can withdraw winnings. Simple do not spend more money until you can withdraw. I mean they already take 20% out of wagers. so they have the rake there. Its a one way drain, need to be a withdrawal option.
  • AlaCowboy
    1,321 Posts
    Thu, Dec 10 2009 2:44 PM

kinkydevil:
    Agree, all over money games with wageing etc you can withdraw winnings. Simple do not spend more money until you can withdraw. I mean they already take 20% out of wagers. so they have the rake there. Its a one way drain, need to be a withdrawal option.

Winnings in match play challenges are CREDITS, not cash. This is NOT a gambling site. The credits are meant to be a method of upgrading equipment, not for winning as cash. I understood that the first week I joined WGT.

The decision to allow "wagering" for credits was at the suggestion of some players to make the matches a bit more fun.

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Thu, Dec 10 2009 3:20 PM

kinkydevil:

Oh absolutely!  Like when you play WoW, Everquest, WarHammer, etc etc.. you know you have all these shiny coins you win when you kill the baddies..and sometimes there's a game of chance here or there that allows you to build your fortune... heck yea!  We should be able to withdraw those to spend them here in the real world!!!!

...../sarcasm off.

As AlaCowboy says.. this is NOT a gaming/gambling website.  Once you give WGT your money for clubs/balls/clothes/widgets whatever.. it's SPENT.  Don't ask for it back just because you're able to beat another player out of some of his fake money.

The only way to get REAL money out of WGT is to beat the tourneys for real prize packages (sweeps or skill).

If you want a withdrawal feature, go plop down a couple of hundred on FullTilt Poker or somesuch and beat the card-sharps at that game.

(yea, I'm back and feeling as sarcastic as ever!   woooohooo!)

• Showtime29
    70 Posts
    Fri, Dec 11 2009 10:11 AM

Actually, by definition...

Once they take a rake between two opponents who have a common wager..they are facilitating gambling and profiting from it.  Whether or not you can cash out has no actual bearing on gambling considerations.

Whether or not WGT money is "real" or "fake", you still use "real" money to fund your account, which then is converted to WGT dollars, part of which will be withheld for the rake.

There are many "Free" options...but every gambling website has a free option.

• sabbath270
    231 Posts
    Fri, Dec 18 2009 12:59 AM

There used to be a 'withdraw' button in your Account page that was grayed out and said 'coming soon' or something like that.

Now it's gone.

I agree if they are going to take a rake then we should definitely be allowed to withdraw credits. If they didn't take a rake I wouldn't really mind if you couldn't, but now they're taking in money for credits AND diminishing the credit supply at the same time? Not right.

• FrozenSteaks
    4 Posts
    Fri, Dec 18 2009 3:11 PM

Then why cant I join the ready and go? If there is no cash out of money and its only credits what should it matter what state I am in? Thanks for any responses.

• GITrDONE
    701 Posts
    Fri, Dec 18 2009 4:33 PM

Thats a very good question FS.If it's just funny money, so to speak, what would be the harm in that?

RSS