Forums

Help › Forums

Chat Etiquette

Tue, Jan 31 2023 12:55 PM (20 replies)
  • CaptainPike42
    2 Posts
    Mon, Dec 7 2020 2:21 PM

Is there a code of conduct for chats?   

I don't want to be "that person"  but over the weekend my 10 year old niece was playing the game on my phone and the person she was matched against was making suggestive comments such as "you're avatar is sexy", "what are you wearing under your skirt"  ??    Granted there's no age delineation on this game, but really people ...  it's golf,  not plenty of fish dot com.    

I turned the chat function off completely ...  but yuck.   

• WGTChampion
    1,891 Posts
    Tue, Dec 8 2020 11:48 AM

I'm sorry to hear you encountered this person. If anything like this happens again, please report the player to us here: https://m.wgt.com/help/request?ref=wgt 

_CHAMPION 

• kavvz
    2,195 Posts
    Tue, Dec 8 2020 12:28 PM

Unfortunately there is no censor button for the Internet, and of course it can be a cesspool of human trash.  Would be nice if there was though!

You can block them so you won't be matched up with them again.  Do it all the time when it's too hard for them to be normal.

• bossbird
    2,192 Posts
    Tue, Dec 8 2020 12:37 PM

kavvz:

Unfortunately there is no censor button for the Internet, and of course it can be a cesspool of human trash.  Would be nice if there was though!

You can block them so you won't be matched up with them again.  Do it all the time when it's too hard for them to be normal.

If you play on mobile , blocking them stops them from being able to chat with you , but you can still be matched to play them in the coin rooms 

• alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Tue, Dec 8 2020 1:25 PM

CaptainPike42:
    my 10 year old niece was playing the game on my phone
    Isn't there an age limitation to create an account to 13 years plus?

Other than that, take your own responsibility. There's no more protection than in public. Luckily, harrassment is only virtual here in the first place.

• TopShelf2010
    10,879 Posts
    Tue, Dec 8 2020 2:02 PM

• kavvz
    2,195 Posts
    Wed, Dec 9 2020 8:36 AM

bossbird:

kavvz:

If you play on mobile , blocking them stops them from being able to chat with you , but you can still be matched to play them in the coin rooms 

Guess that's better than nothing.  

If it allows you to be matched up with them, it shouldn't.  i.e.  You've made my experience so annoying and unenjoyable that I resorted to blocking ya...meaning I never want to see ya again.  :)

• Mythanatos
    2,203 Posts
    Wed, Dec 9 2020 9:25 AM

ive seen screenshots of worse things.

I think you have two choices.

1) turn off the chat completely (which you did)

2) have her play under a male avatar and a male name or at the least a name that isn't gender specific.

• CaptainPike42
    2 Posts
    Thu, Dec 10 2020 5:34 AM

Thank you all for the advice.    Appreciate it.  

• Spangled04
    27 Posts
    Tue, Dec 15 2020 7:03 PM

We're they from the UK? Allot of those players are trash talkers. 

RSS