Wed, Oct 26 2011 9:51 AM (98 replies)
  • flaccus
    516 Posts
    Fri, Oct 7 2011 11:12 PM

Scores below 62, Kiawah wk 38 and this wk:

Master: wk 38: 15, and 60 this week.

TM:                        9, and 2

Legend:              42, and 22.

The Masters tier is going to do very well in this comp this week.

• lvietri
    3,326 Posts
    Sat, Oct 8 2011 3:58 AM

Very true about this week's Masters and Tour Masters having "The Kia Advantage".

And yet .. if you look at the preliminary standings (not verified by club owners/captains) its interesting.

So far out of 90 players with scores that count in the competition... there are:

• 79% --- 71 Legends
    • 13% --- 12 Masters (7 in the newly added clubs)
    •   8% ---  7 Tour Masters (5 in the newly added clubs)

Lots of low Masters scores --- but very of them are members of the clubs involved in the tournament ... and very very few in the clubs originally invited.   :)

• PRIESTESS
    10,705 Posts
    Sat, Oct 8 2011 5:00 AM

Electra still has 3 or 4 Key member Legends to post,Dansamcam Simo and Borlick,Hopefully we can close up on top 2

• flaccus
    516 Posts
    Sat, Oct 8 2011 1:10 PM

lvietri:
    Very true about this week's Masters and Tour Masters having "The Kia Advantage".

There may be a "usual" Kia advantage at Masters and TM tiers, but  (a) it is not applying at TM tier this week (quite the reverse) (b) it did not apply in wk 38 at Kia at TM tier(quite the reverse in comparison to legends), (c) it did not apply to Masters in wk38 at Kia (quite the reverse) (d) it is applying to Masters this wk in spades. Here are scores below 61 to illustrate the point again:

wk 38 Masters = 3, this week 32

wk 38 TM          = 1, this week = 2

wk 38 Legend = 25, this week = 13

I repeat, something is happening at Kia at Masters tier this week.

Your last point, Lou, is of course my reason for drawing attention to this.

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Sat, Oct 8 2011 1:40 PM

flaccus:

We'd have to ask them, but it's possible they have the Red tees this week?  A few weeks Legends had white tees at SA.

• flaccus
    516 Posts
    Sat, Oct 8 2011 2:16 PM

MBaggese:
    the Red tees this week?

That must be it. Looked back through our reporting thread and found comments like this:  "On 2nd I drove over the sand and had a 7i to green." A lot of PBs. Comments like, "Did I play the right tournie?"  I think we have 5 Masters in our top ten.

• PRIESTESS
    10,705 Posts
    Sat, Oct 8 2011 2:52 PM

x

• Lisa03
    5,910 Posts
    Sat, Oct 8 2011 4:16 PM

MBaggese:

flaccus:

We'd have to ask them, but it's possible they have the Red tees this week?  A few weeks Legends had white tees at SA.

No red Tees  at Kia Easy (Blue) Med (White) Hard (Gold) Hardest (Championship Tees) 

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Sat, Oct 8 2011 4:32 PM

Lisa03:
    No red Tees  at Kia Easy (Blue) Med (White) Hard (Gold) Hardest (Championship Tees) 

Guess it's been awhile, I did get a message from a club member, Masters are using the blue tees.

• Lisa03
    5,910 Posts
    Sat, Oct 8 2011 4:45 PM

Blue Tees? With Level 80+ equipment-- guess we have our answer as to why they are lighting it up-uh huh! Good for them---and I mean that sincerely.

RSS