Help › Forums

apparel on/off

rated by 0 users
Sat, Nov 7 2020 10:20 PM (70 replies)
  • JDGHOST
    6,786 Posts
    Thu, Nov 5 2020 3:47 AM

SamSpayed:
    Bravo, Cicero!  Reading through all that stream-of-consciousness screed, I counted 4 falsehoods, one error of omission, 3 straw mans, and one red herring.  That may have set a new record for a WGT Forum post.  Well done, sir.

"+1 thou... beaucoup... dinky-dow"

The problem at I have with the apparel is this...Spending countless hours in stupid meaningless coin rooms (making sure to have the correct sponsorship unlocked) just to maybe get 2 or 3 points more on a hat that is currently at 121 trying to get to 200 to unlock the next level and add 2 more yards to my driver ...It's long dragged out and redundant !!... I am basically  forced to do this to "Keep up with the Jones's" If not I will end up in a skins game or a match "For Credits" and be getting crushed off the Tee or watching my opponents reach par 5's easily from 275-280 cause their 3 wood has a 265 yd rating or better yet watch them hit a horrible shot  into Fescue getting a 50/60 lie and advancing the ball some 160 yards cause they have +58 "BRUSH POWER" WTH is brush power lol....

That is my only complaint...... When it comes to "Money" games especially  the mickey mouse boosts should NOT be allowed !! ... Nor should it be allowed in any ranked rounds that help's players lower the Average...I could care less about the rest of the formats ...Alt Shot, Coin rooms,Turf Wars, I guess Clash rounds although that's questionable because they are "Ranked" rounds...

WGT does not allow boost's in any Tourneys including CC Tourneys Because of the prize factor(I assume)...So be consistent same should apply to ANY credit game...

JD

• TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Thu, Nov 5 2020 4:44 AM

JDGHOST:
    I am basically  forced to do this to "Keep up with the Jones's"

^^^ THIS is exactly why it was an absolute brilliant idea from WGT introducing apparel.

Like you said...

JDGHOST:
    Spending countless hours

They implemented a feature that keeps players glued to the game grinding it out.

Bloody brilliant I say.

Don

• Mythanatos
    2,203 Posts
    Thu, Nov 5 2020 6:49 AM

JDGHOST:
    The problem at I have with the apparel is this...Spending countless hours in stupid meaningless coin rooms

Couple things about this. 

If you don't like it. Don't do it. 

Other than entertainment value isn't it all rather pointless? Coin room are about 1v1 competitions. To me it keeps each game fresh. 

I looked at some stats. you have 6000 more ranked rounds than me. How many countless hours is that spent in stupid meaningless red tee tournaments? or How many countless hours is that in stupid meaningless non credit tourneys?

Im personally not saying those are bad things to do. Play whatever you find fun. Now you could take a lesson here and let others play what they find as entertaining.

However if you're just worried about falling behind. then It really is only a matter of a few weeks to get whatever gear you like to level 6. at that point you aren't losing much at all. So if you've really earned that TC title then you should have no problem winning more than you lose and the ego should still remain intact. 

• JDGHOST
    6,786 Posts
    Thu, Nov 5 2020 10:54 AM

Mythanatos:

JDGHOST:
    The problem at I have with the apparel is this...Spending countless hours in stupid meaningless coin rooms

Couple things about this. 

If you don't like it. Don't do it. 

Other than entertainment value isn't it all rather pointless? Coin room are about 1v1 competitions. To me it keeps each game fresh. 

I looked at some stats. you have 6000 more ranked rounds than me. How many countless hours is that spent in stupid meaningless red tee tournaments? or How many countless hours is that in stupid meaningless non credit tourneys?

Im personally not saying those are bad things to do. Play whatever you find fun. Now you could take a lesson here and let others play what they find as entertaining.

However if you're just worried about falling behind. then It really is only a matter of a few weeks to get whatever gear you like to level 6. at that point you aren't losing much at all. So if you've really earned that TC title then you should have no problem winning more than you lose and the ego should still remain intact. 

"Surprisingly" You missed my point ....Your right I don't like coin rooms and would "Prefer" to stay out of them...And moreover I am all for EVERYONE enjoying whatever makes them happy Coin Rooms or Alt-Shot or Whatever twirls their beanie...

But that brings me to my "Keep up with Jones's" comment in which I am basically forced to play these coin rooms to get my gear jacked up ...Unless there is another way I am not aware of?

As far as your "Red Tee Tourney comment" ...Again you missed it!! I never played um (Or super rarely) Before the last 2 months where I admit I was 20 or 30 low rounds away from TC and wanted to get there before I walked away Dec 29th (So I admit I made TC a few months or weeks earlier than I would have)..... So as far as walking away the 29th...At least that's how I felt at the time But here I am ....Trying to adjust to the "App Game"....And once again debating with you !!

Lastly... I invite you to take a walk  through my activity and see the large amount of "Cash" games I play ...IE: Skins,Matches,Blitz Challenges, WGT Brackets, CC ready-go's, CC big credits tourneys etc......Now I realize that is what I LIKE to play and I am probably in the minority of what  most WGT members play...And would bet I have played more credit games in the last 2 weeks than you have in the last year ....So with that being said I think I have invested and risked enough money on WGT to be able to voice my opinion when it comes to Apparel enhancements  being allowed in "Credit" games ...And ego has nothing to do with it...

• bossbird
    2,192 Posts
    Thu, Nov 5 2020 11:08 AM

JdG , you could just buy the apparel packs in pro shop .

And for all you PC players , please remember on mobile we don’t have the choice of alt shots, skins or multi player games . We play a coin room because we don’t have so many choices as you. 

• JDGHOST
    6,786 Posts
    Thu, Nov 5 2020 12:12 PM

bossbird:
    And for all you PC players , please remember on mobile we don’t have the choice of alt shots, skins or multi player games . We play a coin room because we don’t have so many choices as you. 

Ok thanks for the tip Boss.....And as far as having more Mobile options ....That just don't seem fair? It would seem to me you "Should" have all the options that are available on "PCEA" since it is an "App" just like you download to your mobile device? Hope they get that sorted out for y'all ...Your missing out on the best parts of WGT (IMHO)

JD

• SamSpayed
    4,902 Posts
    Thu, Nov 5 2020 1:22 PM

Mythanatos:
    However if you're just worried about falling behind. then It really is only a matter of a few weeks to get whatever gear you like to level 6.

But if JD (or anyone else for that matter) doesn't want to play coin games, why should he be forced to do so in order to chase apparel to stay competitive in the games he does like to play?

• Mythanatos
    2,203 Posts
    Thu, Nov 5 2020 1:36 PM

bossbird:
    JdG , you could just buy the apparel packs in pro shop .

do not do that. colossal waste of credits.

even if have the money, most people don't get that type of money without being smart about it and apparel packs or buying points in specific items is astronomically expensive. the ROI is very very poor.

• Mythanatos
    2,203 Posts
    Thu, Nov 5 2020 1:59 PM

SamSpayed:
    But if JD (or anyone else for that matter) doesn't want to play coin games, why should he be forced to do so in order to chase apparel to stay competitive in the games he does like to play?

back up a little first.

He doesn't have to get apparel at all. (currently)

he can play all the things he likes without it.

now is it a good idea to be proactive and get it. Well frankly it's the smart thing to do. could have started a long time ago and done it a very little at a time.

there is always the possibility that it ends up being the standard of play for most games. Especially so if the beancounters look at the numbers and were to see 80%+ of players are mobile oriented. or maybe 75% whenever that happens. 

most PC players would adapt some would quit. it's a numbers game.

so he can either draw a hard line in the sand when that happens or plan ahead. Some of the consistent big credit winners have already done it. did it years ago in fact.  

As far as using "forced" that means lack of a choice. This is a game and like any game it has it's rules and how it's played. at any time someone can say i don't like the setup i'll go play another game.

He probably thinks my opinion is that should always use apparel. 

I actually have always played the game both ways. for years prior to PCEA i was one of the few that played a lot on both platforms. i like what both have to offer. 

Even then tho. can read this whole thread and several others just like it and it still comes down to the same thing. They don't like attributes on items that aren't clubs or golf balls. those pixels are acceptable. others are not. 

it's very very regimented.

• SamSpayed
    4,902 Posts
    Thu, Nov 5 2020 2:49 PM

Mythanatos:

He doesn't have to get apparel at all. (currently)

he can play all the things he likes without it.

He plays a lot of Clash rounds.  In Clashes, apparel boosts are ON.  So he's at a disadvantage there (and therefore less competitive) without apparel.

RSS