Forums

Help › Forums

apparel on/off

rated by 0 users
Sat, Nov 7 2020 10:20 PM (70 replies)
  • Mythanatos
    2,203 Posts
    Mon, Oct 12 2020 7:34 PM

You are switching topics.   You laughed at apparel as a negative to skill building.  Said coin players have less skill  

i listed why you were wrong.  Now you’re talking about scoring.

l have  always said  scoring will improve. But that has nothing to do with whether or not a person has skill. 

go back.  

re read.

its like reading comprehension is dead. 

• JDGHOST
    6,748 Posts
    Mon, Oct 12 2020 8:07 PM

el3n1:

yep, those who love apparel are no different than red tee champs who like easier playing conditions - and think it is good for the game.

let's just drive every green and putt for eagle or 2 putt birdie - that is a real skill builder.  lmao

Well said ....as always !!

• JDGHOST
    6,748 Posts
    Mon, Oct 12 2020 8:10 PM

el3n1:

You can make all the bullet points you like. 

I am pretty confident in believing apparel makes the game easier - I have observed it and experienced it.  There is no way it would be possible to play cheaper ball or even 10cr balls and shoot the scores people manage with apparel in heavy winds and champ greens.  Take off all that apparel and the scores would go up with those same balls, that is a given.

So, either you have more to learn, or you just choose to ignore the extent it impacts the game.  Actually - fact is - you have admitted in forums you feel apparel can help you score lower especially if you opt to use a superpass during a clash -- because it makes it easier!

Go ahead and ignore the fact you have made those claims as well.  

Even more well said....

• Fencer100
    2,063 Posts
    Wed, Nov 4 2020 3:01 AM

Well reading this thread has convinced me even more that come December 29th I shall  be walking away from WGT.

The PCEA game is a lightweight version of the Flash game, all this apparel crap and other gimmicks just proves to me and many others that is so. I have been playing since 2012 and although that is not as long as some it is long enough to see the game deteriorate into a lightweight mass market arcade game.

I have many friends who are also going to walk away, who have been on as long or longer than me and feel the same, so I'm not a lone wolf with my opinions.

Good luck to those who stay on, but just realise that you are going to be playing a game which is vastly inferior to how it set out

• HackWilson1930
    1,437 Posts
    Wed, Nov 4 2020 6:28 AM

In meaningless competitions or in Harry Potter's world, putting on a funny hat and driving a ball an extra 20 yards doesn't change the game. But, and here is where things really matter, if someone puts $1.00 of credits into a tournament pool, that person should not have to worry that some magic hat gave another competitor an unfair advantage.

In this era of performance enhancing drugs, debates rage as to whether Barry Bonds, Jr. or Sammy Sosa belong in Cooperstown. Should Lance Armstrong have been stripped of his Tour de France victories? Does an fmagnets victory count as honest if he wears Harry's hat and golf3x doesn't?

Arguments about red tees and average or tier status are meaningless because of WGT's method of computing average. Anyone holding up red tees as the same as a magic hat are creating noise to cloud the issue. The one thing that must be remembered about red tees is that they are the same distance from the hole  for all of us. 

The steroid that might give someone an extra burst of speed over 100 meters or allow for 5 additional centimeters in a shot put have no place in the Olympics. But if someone wants to "juice" and take part in World Wrestling Entertainment where the emphasis is on entertainment and not competition, there is no ethical problem. With WGT, however, ethics matter.

Please leave magic hats in the coin room closets and not allow them in the WGT locker rooms!

• JDGHOST
    6,748 Posts
    Wed, Nov 4 2020 9:41 AM

A fine post Hack !!

• bossbird
    2,192 Posts
    Wed, Nov 4 2020 9:41 AM

Why is it ok to win a tournament using a very expensive titleist ball , but it’s not ok to wear a hat or glove that gives a bit of a distance advantage. ?

same applies to discussions  about players having low averages or advancing levels , using red tees , but I never hear the same people complaining about players buying those same titleist balls that go so much further .

• TopShelf2010
    10,879 Posts
    Wed, Nov 4 2020 10:45 AM

bossbird:

Why is it ok to win a tournament using a very expensive titleist ball , but it’s not ok to wear a hat or glove that gives a bit of a distance advantage. ?

same applies to discussions  about players having low averages or advancing levels , using red tees , but I never hear the same people complaining about players buying those same titleist balls that go so much further .

A fine post BB !!!

Don

• Borat74
    2,787 Posts
    Wed, Nov 4 2020 12:05 PM

I been playing this game on the new version since Finnys World Cup Ended and i dont set any game now as i used to set up loads(ALTS,MP) but on a couple i have had to set i turn the apparel off,play the game okay enough to not need any of that stuff.

BUT if im on PCEA and have an invite off Mobile we both play with our Apparell,we dont get a choice,we have to play,but thats okay as we both have the same advantage.

Also found that PCEA cant invite a mobile player,but a mobile player can invite a PCEA player.

• HackWilson1930
    1,437 Posts
    Wed, Nov 4 2020 12:22 PM

Bossbird:  

You make the assumption that a costly ball, such as the Titleist Pro V 1X at 408 credits per ball is a far better ball than the Callaway Chrome X Triple Track at 83 credits. Cost does not make something superior.

I can afford to use the most expensive balls offered in either the WGT pro shop or the club house of my local course. However, I have found that my game, either virtual or real, is not suited to high end Titleist balls so I choose other balls. There are different balls for a reason beyond price.

Perhaps  WGT should offer the Polara XD balls as a choice if they are going to allow magic hats  and gravity defying shoes. Think of the fun if the ding line was an inch wide. USGA be (bleeped)!

RSS