Wed, Sep 20 2023 6:55 AM (263 replies)
  • Tabarnak777
    166 Posts
    Mon, Nov 1 2021 4:21 PM

pmm711:

How many people are in the HOF now?

Probably only 2.

Young46 and CEverett12

According to wgt who put Hall of Fame with Tour Champion for tourneys(i searched among all TCs)

• Kenbo00
    434 Posts
    Tue, Nov 2 2021 2:48 PM

• SamSpayed
    4,874 Posts
    Tue, Nov 2 2021 3:00 PM

Tabarnak777:

pmm711:

How many people are in the HOF now?

Probably only 2.

Young46 and CEverett12

That's correct.

Basically, the criteria for entry into the Hall of Fame seem to be:

• You've helped other players in the WGT Community over a period of time, and
    • WGTChampion likes you

• conveyorguy
    767 Posts
    Tue, Nov 23 2021 3:39 PM

I was just wondering, maybe someone else who is due for HOF consideration. It was quite awesome of Casey, a friend here, to start up the Gift of Golf Foundation, to help players get ahead in our little game here.

Before that time tho, I believe there was this thing started one December, maybe 2013 or so, called "The 12 Days of Christmas". It asked people to donate maybe some equipment, clubs, or even just a sleeve or 2 of balls, to help those in need. I wonder if anybody remembers. It's a shame that it took WGT literally years to catch on to the idea. 

I'm pretty sure as well, that there were some gifts donated around the planet after the first Andyson Memorial Tournament. I know this, because i received one at random myself. And after the next few Andyson Tourneys as well.

In case it means anything to anyone else here, I would like to nominate MRCADDIE to the WGT Hall of Fame.

I wonder if Icon or Champion are listening.....

• twinponds169
    3,004 Posts
    Tue, Nov 23 2021 3:53 PM

I sit here with my Andyson mousepad and my beer staying cold in my Andyson coolie, and 3 different years of Andyson Memorial tournament ball markers in my real life golf bag and they are all courtesy of the good heart and generosity of Wayne.

He has disappeared around here and I for one, sorely miss seeing him around here. I also regret not being able to make a real life round of golf with him less than an hour from home, that Yankee Jim was also at, along with Doc and others.

MrCaddie for Hall of Fame?

GOT MY VOTE !!

• conveyorguy
    767 Posts
    Wed, Nov 24 2021 2:43 PM

i'll say Hi for ya later tonite...hope we can get together yet. TY Twin :)

• HamdenPro
    2,402 Posts
    Fri, Sep 9 2022 2:06 PM

Looks like there is a new way to make "Hall of Fame" tier.

Posted today, on WGT's discord's news channel:

The season Champion for the "Live Series" season automatically receives the Hall of Fame tier!

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Fri, Sep 9 2022 2:32 PM

Well posting it before they know who the winner is, for the first time, is certainly better.

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Fri, Sep 9 2022 2:42 PM

It is, to my surprise too, also in the news section here.

• Prizes

• WGT Credits based on your placement in each tournament

• The season champion receives the exclusive Hall of Fame player tier

• The season champion also receives a community tournament where they choose the title, wind conditions, green speed, and more

I would suggest the prizes are still not enough to tempt all the top players to give it full attention, especially with the extra work involved to maximise their chances.

Format Changes

• Our previous Live Series seasons featured one unlimited qualifier round, but we have made the following changes:

• The first qualifier is a standard unlimited tournament. However, the better your score, the more points you receive

• The top 50 from the first qualifier play in a single-play round tournament. The top 10 from this second qualifier qualify for the Live Stream and earn additional points based on their placement.

RSS