Forums

Help › Forums

Pro to Master

rated by 0 users
Sun, Nov 22 2009 12:11 PM (2 replies)
  • nh1977
    91 Posts
    Sun, Nov 22 2009 11:28 AM
    Well I just made the jump finally to Master . I apologize in advance if this is not in the right forums topic section. I am just looking for some help in what new equipment I should be purchasing , If we had a chance to try equipment before Buying there would be no reason for this post. My current equip... Rapture 9.5 driver, Taylormade Tour burner 3 w, spider putter, and ball of choice is tour sd. everything else in my bag is WGT starters. Ideally I woud like to maintain accuracy , with greens and fairways. Any thoughts or input would be appreacitted . nh1977
  • danohi50
    1,020 Posts
    Sun, Nov 22 2009 11:43 AM

Not an expert   by any means....66.03 Master

Ball played.....tour gisd...great ball!

Redwood putter...dont know why  more ppl  dont play this putter...

I have a combo of wedges, depending what 9  im playing...mix of both ping and Taylor masters.   Both the new 64' wedges are sweet..

G10 irons  for beth page...yardages work better...high precision

Taylor masters for K.I....a little better spin rating

And the Master R9...there is no substitute...but its a beast to learn how to time it  at first..

dont carry a hybrid...xtra wedge is more valuable

If you have meter timing issues...the new upgraded Raptures might be a good choice since your used to the stock meter speeds..

good luck, happy hunting

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sun, Nov 22 2009 12:11 PM

nh1977:
    Any thoughts or input would be appreacitted

IMO it boils down to how you deal with the meter speed. If you can deal with fast all the time, go for accuracy. If you're hung up on the speed, go for the Pings. Balls facilitate a slow speed but you sacrifice other stuff.

I like the fast meter and have all Taylors with the Redwood putter. The accuracy is fabulous and if I miss it's because I missed, not because of the clubs. Fast meter with sd balls for me.

Your job is to swing the club. The club's job is to hit the ball. By all means don't make a decision without checking out nivlac's club comparison. Users of both clubs have helped him maintain a very concise, accurate club by club comparison. GL

YJ

RSS