Forums

Help › Forums

Flash "AFTER" DEC 2020 ....This may work?

Thu, Feb 9 2023 5:54 AM (67 replies)
  • carlosdev
    2,528 Posts
    Mon, Oct 5 2020 11:53 PM

Let's just assume there will be a way to play Wgt via flash. But whoever plays will be screwed over in many ways. I wish this was untrue. 

Just have a look at the wtf shots happening in flash even if there are 2 months left. By next year it will get worse n worse n there will be no single downtime for flash curbs.

All people can or would do is start a forum post in regards to that. No help n nothing positive will happen. 

Irrespective of how hard n best people play, it will be a slow fail with results. 

- Carl

• craigswan
    30,979 Posts
    Tue, Oct 6 2020 1:26 AM

we find ones that work, we can list them here in this thread.

agreed .

• JDGHOST
    6,778 Posts
    Tue, Oct 6 2020 5:36 AM

SimonTheBeetle:
    Let me emphasize once again! You wanna ONLY play WGT there (no internet banking, no surfing on the net, especially into unknown sites, no logging into your important accounts, etc.) as no security can be guaranteed in such environment. But then, you'll be able to play flash as long as WGT doesn't give up on it.

VERY good point I forgot to mention that ....The set-ups I have ready for Post 2020 are JUST for WGT play and nothing else....

• Gazzamius
    273 Posts
    Tue, Oct 6 2020 7:24 AM

Heheheheheh  !!

• Yiannis1970
    3,269 Posts
    Tue, Oct 6 2020 10:53 AM
    Simon, you don't have to go back to XP to set up a working OS...7 is just fine. However, allow me folks to laugh hard with these security questions. Why? Cause all these years i am using 7, never had problems (or to be exact serious security problems while i was most of the time with no updates). As soon as i tried for 5 days win 10, got 2 scams in my email!! LOL...i will stay with 7s till hell freezes...
  • SamSpayed
    4,901 Posts
    Tue, Oct 6 2020 10:54 AM

SimonTheBeetle:
    If you're REALLY in the "play flash or die" mode, the easiest way of doing it would be to get yourself a VM, install an old OS (even XP if you have to) in it, block all updates, install any old browser of your preference plus a decent anti-virus program as a minimal protection measure, and do nothing but play the game in there.

Good point.  I actually thought about that this morning.  Oracle VM VirtualBox is a good free one.

Only thing is, you'd have to have a licensed copy of your OS to install in the VM.  Last I looked, a lot of current browsers don't support Windows XP, so if you went the Windows route, you'd probably need to install a more current OS than that.

You could always run some flavor of Linux in the VM as your OS (since Linux is free, unlike Windows), but that's way beyond the capability of most WGT users, I think.

• Yiannis1970
    3,269 Posts
    Tue, Oct 6 2020 10:56 AM
    carlosdev:

Let's just assume there will be a way to play Wgt via flash. But whoever plays will be screwed over in many ways. I wish this was untrue. 

Just have a look at the wtf shots happening in flash even if there are 2 months left. By next year it will get worse n worse n there will be no single downtime for flash curbs.

All people can or would do is start a forum post in regards to that. No help n nothing positive will happen. 

Irrespective of how hard n best people play, it will be a slow fail with results. 

- Carl

I totally agree Varun. You are 100% correct.
  • Yiannis1970
    3,269 Posts
    Tue, Oct 6 2020 3:52 PM
    JD, you owe me a sleeve!! lol
  • YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Oct 6 2020 4:17 PM

JDGHOST:
    ..The set-ups I have ready for Post 2020 are JUST for WGT play and nothing else....

I won't be changing a thing. I'm using an 8 year old browser and version of Flash that hasn't flinched with all this change. I believe it's because I don't allow Windows updates on this particular machine. It's totally protected and impenetrable and does what I want so mind your own business, Windows. LOL

I'm determined to take the Flash version as far as it will go. Got my foot in the new version door so until the day I'll have to face the putting there, we'll be Flashing away.  ;-)

• TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Tue, Oct 6 2020 4:22 PM

RSS