Forums

Help › Forums

Rating

Sat, Nov 21 2009 7:21 AM (8 replies)
  • swimjunkie17
    3 Posts
    Fri, Nov 20 2009 6:30 AM

How do they figuire rating? I was going down to close to 80.00 now Im playing the same game, same scores but Im going back up with each game. Or do they do that to you when your new and then put you in the right spot after you played awhile?

• duffer66
    700 Posts
    Fri, Nov 20 2009 7:54 AM
    No one can explain how they do the rating but I know the fewer ranked rounds that are played the more the rating will change. After you have played quite a few ranked rounds you will see the ranking changes but not as much as when you first start out. I bounce around 69 lowest to 75 high or higher if I really have a bad round. Hope this helps. Cheers
  • Soulcatcher
    1,970 Posts
    Fri, Nov 20 2009 1:34 PM

Your average is just that. It is an average of your best 10 rounds of your last 14. The last three rounds that you played have a heavier bias in the average.

Here is the link from the FAQ

• swimjunkie17
    3 Posts
    Fri, Nov 20 2009 2:56 PM

I dont think its based on anything. I am doing the same scores and its going up not down.

• Soulcatcher
    1,970 Posts
    Fri, Nov 20 2009 4:16 PM

I think that what you are seeing is when you were less than 10 rounds played. When you were less than ten rounds played the 150 that you started with was factored into your average therefore when that was excluded you saw a dramatic drop in your average.

At the end of the day your average really means nothing......Play and have fun.

Welcome to WGT.

• Infinito3010
    3,689 Posts
    Fri, Nov 20 2009 4:16 PM

I agree with swimjunkie17, they definitely changed something on how your average is determined.  My guess it has something to do with the actual rating of the course.  But, the application still eludes me.

• GITrDONE
    701 Posts
    Sat, Nov 21 2009 4:12 AM

Infinito3010:
    the application still eludes me.

It has eluded me as well.I played a few ranked rounds as a pro and finished them at 2 or 3 under,then I got lucky and shot a -5 and went straight to master.I'm no where close to master material right now and the way they changed the greens I'm lucky to shoot par.This update comes at a really bad time for me because being moved to master and all the other changes have really taken almost all the fun out of the game right now.It's more like work than play.I guess I'll just have to WORK a little harder since I've been moved to master.Why can't you get moved back to your previous tier if your score reflects that you were moved prematurely.If I'm shooting "Pro" scores but am classified as a Master and forced to play from the Master Tees how will I ever get good enough to compete with a true master of the game.I think theses Pro and Master rankings are used a little to loosely.I'm probably just complaining for no reason but everybody has a right to voice their opinion.These updates have left me Dazed and Confused.

Larry

• queenmary
    2 Posts
    Sat, Nov 21 2009 6:21 AM
    why is ever time we play the same over we doe get any better yor score go over, do,not me worng i love your golf game keep up the work m. hoder
  • Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Sat, Nov 21 2009 7:21 AM

queenmary:
    why is ever time we play the same over we doe get any better yor score go over, do,not me worng i love your golf game keep up the work m. hoder

You were saying, Majesty...?  

RSS