Next course coming to the game?

Wed, Jan 24 2024 12:42 PM (125 replies)
  • HamdenPro
    2,410 Posts
    Fri, Apr 29 2022 7:25 AM

DonCaron:
    There are over 5,000 courses to choose from

But only 8 signs on Chambers...(so far)

All signs were courses hosting the U.S. Open, so far, WGT has given us Beth Page, Pebble Beach and Torrey.

This leaves Oak Hill, Hazeltine, Cherry Hills and Baltusrol.  My guess is it is one of these four.  Unless, of course, there are still signs on Chambers 8 and 9.

• SamSpayed
    4,898 Posts
    Fri, Apr 29 2022 9:42 AM

HamdenPro:
    This leaves Oak Hill, Hazeltine, Cherry Hills and Baltusrol.  My guess is it is one of these four.

Let the speculation begin!  My guess is a full version of Bandon Dunes, since they already have at least some of that photographed.

• BPeterson8256
    2,908 Posts
    Fri, Apr 29 2022 11:06 AM

SamSpayed:

HamdenPro:
    This leaves Oak Hill, Hazeltine, Cherry Hills and Baltusrol.  My guess is it is one of these four.

Let the speculation begin!  My guess is a full version of Bandon Dunes, since they already have at least some of that photographed.

Bandon Dunes was scheduled and dropped a couple years ago, when it was home to the US Amateur. WGT had announced plans to use it and other US Amateur courses for their new courses about two years earlier. And it is too late this year for it to be this year's US Open course, unless it gets released all at once. In another post WGT indicated this year would be a mixed course again for the VUSO.

My guess is it will be a nice resort type course like Wolf Creek was, not one that is necessarily associated with the PGA. Any new course will be greatly appreciated.

...at least that's my speculation. My question is when will we get this new course?

• protonc
    644 Posts
    Fri, Apr 29 2022 2:26 PM

WGTNico:

The next course coming to WGT is being worked on by the way, I am very excited to see it in game, it should be a fun one to play.

Great to hear! Thanks for a little bit of the inside scoop!

• spgolfer3
    158 Posts
    Fri, Apr 29 2022 10:18 PM

You'd think golf courses would be queuing up to sign a deal easy money for the club and may bring  players irl 

win win

Great news all the same - personally I would love to see whistling straits

• bwsq
    98 Posts
    Sun, May 1 2022 12:04 PM

WGTNico:

The next course coming to WGT is being worked on by the way, I am very excited to see it in game, it should be a fun one to play.

Is there a time frame for when we might see the new course?

Not asking for an exact date, just an approximation.

• amb1923
    223 Posts
    Mon, May 2 2022 10:13 AM

bwsq:

WGTNico:

Is there a time frame for when we might see the new course?

Not asking for an exact date, just an approximation.

I was wondering the same thing. Good to know at least there's a new course in development, though. 

• WGTNico
    619 Posts
    Mon, May 2 2022 1:50 PM

I am unable to give anymore details outside of that it is being worked on. 

• HamdenPro
    2,410 Posts
    Mon, May 2 2022 8:23 PM

WGTNico:
    I am unable to give anymore details outside of that it is being worked on

I call foul!! Intentional infliction of emotional distress is downright troll like!!

EDIT: Now, see that? Who is moderating who? Pretty cool huh?

• mingos01
    3,376 Posts
    Tue, May 3 2022 3:07 AM

I would like new course

MEDINAH COUNTRY CLUB-Chicago-Illinois

The Miracle at Medinah Ryder Cup...Seve "in the Sky"...McIlroy playing "asleep" last round and all those lovely European guys!!!

hihihihi

Luis

RSS