Forums

Help › Forums

Next course coming to the game?

Wed, Jan 24 2024 12:42 PM (125 replies)
  • jacktrade51
    10,901 Posts
    Thu, Apr 21 2022 8:28 PM

SewersStink:
    Whey did WGT lose its ability to add new courses?  That is really bad news for me as someone who is tired of the same old same old.  Might have to finally abandon ship. 

It is not a question of ability.  It is about paying for the rights and spending the money and graphing the course for computer purposes..  With WGT having gone from independent company to TopGolf to Callaway in ownership, I do not know about this year for investing in a new course.

Usually in the past, there would be CTTH versions of a new course by April and an unlimited round by May.  But who knows.

Some info from WGT would be helpful.

Tom.

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Wed, Apr 27 2022 4:02 PM

Carolinataheel2:

Assuming WGT can't get Pine Valley, Augusta National, Cypress Point, or Winged Foot, any of the following would be excellent additions:

• Muirfield Village (Ohio) Jack Nicklaus
    • Peachtree (Georgia) Bobby Jones & Robert Trent Jones
    • Baltusrol Lower (NJ) AW Tillinghast
    • Royal Melbourne (Australia) Alister Mackenzie 
    • Harbour Town (SC) Pete Dye *we don't have the complete course on WGT
    • Turnberry-Ailsa (Scotland) Willie Fernie 

None of these courses are on PGA Tour 2k21. 

At least 4 of them are. Muirfield, Royal Melbourne, Harbour Town and Turnberry-Ailsa. The other 2 probably are to. There are over 5,000 courses to choose from.

• JDGHOST
    6,778 Posts
    Wed, Apr 27 2022 10:35 PM

Riddle me this Batman.....Why is it an other Certain online golf site has 39 Official courses and hundreds of custom built courses to chose from and here at WGT we haveonly 15(Full Play) not including the "Best Of's" ?? And I've ONLY seen 2 new courses since I joined WGT in 2017  TWO!!!  Really?

• SamSpayed
    4,901 Posts
    Thu, Apr 28 2022 12:36 PM

JDGHOST:

Riddle me this Batman.....Why is it an other Certain online golf site has 39 Official courses and hundreds of custom built courses to chose from and here at WGT we 15(Full Play) not including the "Best Of's" ?? And I've ONLY seen 2 new courses since I joined WGT in 2017  TWO!!!  Really?

Because WGT's course modeling is completely different, among other things.  See this thread for a similar discussion:  New courses

• protonc
    644 Posts
    Thu, Apr 28 2022 2:35 PM

I built a custom course, but WGT didn’t like it at their front door! 

Post 692413.aspx

• WGTNico
    619 Posts
    Thu, Apr 28 2022 6:37 PM

nice

protonc:

I built a custom course, but WGT didn’t like it at their front door! 

Post 692413.aspx

• WGTNico
    619 Posts
    Thu, Apr 28 2022 6:39 PM

The next course coming to WGT is being worked on by the way, I am very excited to see it in game, it should be a fun one to play.

• MatildaIgaly
    1,822 Posts
    Fri, Apr 29 2022 12:21 AM

What about doing St Andrews - Reverse course? It's an actuall thing.

• Bowl64
    3,085 Posts
    Fri, Apr 29 2022 4:35 AM

WGTNico:

The next course coming to WGT is being worked on by the way, I am very excited to see it in game, it should be a fun one to play.

+1

• PureGro1
    1,656 Posts
    Fri, Apr 29 2022 6:42 AM

WGTNico:

RSS