Forums

Help › Forums

Is this game fixed

Thu, Apr 11 2024 2:30 AM (113 replies)
  • HamdenPro
    2,412 Posts
    Wed, Feb 23 2022 9:23 AM

Robert1893:

Individuals are prone to ascribe their own successes to internal factors (in this case. skill or ability) and failures to external factors (for example, the game caused the bad shot).

Conversely, with respect to others (especially those in an out-group to us), individuals are prone to ascribe their successes to external factors (they got lucky or got a good bounce) and failures to internal factors (they're really not a good player).

So, basically, what you are saying is my bad shots are really my own fault, and not the Vemlins.

Interesting point of view but, obviously, only an opinion. I still find it hard to believe that my poor play could be my fault.

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Wed, Feb 23 2022 11:48 AM

Yiannis1970:

If i comment this post, i will get banned...so, i will pass!!

Cheers.

Fair enough.  There's always a need for different opinions, we have to keep the lawyers in work ;-)  I certainly believe if you read it, it was very carefully :-) 

• Yiannis1970
    3,269 Posts
    Wed, Feb 23 2022 12:26 PM

I am a lawyer DP....:)

• mnb1985
    198 Posts
    Wed, Mar 2 2022 4:44 PM

Yiannis1970:

I am a lawyer DP....:)

I’ve watched a number of your instructional videos and spotted the law encyclopaedias behind you.

It makes me laugh how people think the WGT developers are out to ruin their round 😂 The simple fact is that when all is said and done it’s a game. I watch all the live series streams and also a lot of great players YouTube videos, it doesn’t matter how consistent the best players are (top 20), every so often they’re going to be 30ft from the hole on approach, I never see these players blaming the game, more likely to either blame themselves or their maths. Maybe they’re had a brain fart and hit an approach shot from the tee on a par 3 and fallen wayyyy short because they’ve accidentally calculated their shot as if it was fairway distance. I know I’ve been guilty of that. Or hit the wrong club, which we’ve all done. A few weeks ago I hit an approach, perfect distance, pin high but 24ft way from where I was expecting it. Watched it back (nvidia replay) turns out I aimed with the wind instead of against it 😂 completely my own fault. A lot of what the game could be blamed for is lack of focus on the players part. 

take pebble #3, I’ve messed that hole up badly a few times by not paying attention and calculating the shot with 11ft elevation when it’s 11inches 😂

I don’t mind having bad rounds as it spurs me on to focus more and up my game.  

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Thu, Mar 3 2022 8:14 AM

I did know Yiannis is a lawyer, that was kind of the point.

I've done all the things you mention on numerous occasions and I agree with the thrust of what you say.  One thing though, that tee shot is going wayyyy long :-)

• Duphpherer
    440 Posts
    Thu, Mar 3 2022 10:15 AM

"Is this game fixed"

Not yet, but they're working on it.  

• Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Thu, Mar 3 2022 10:19 AM

• DaddyDuffer61
    540 Posts
    Thu, Mar 3 2022 4:20 PM

It was so cold today, I saw Yiannis with his hands in HIS pockets!

• cussinjack
    89 Posts
    Thu, Mar 3 2022 7:34 PM

you sure ???

RSS