Help › Forums

Adding a friend

rated by 0 users
Tue, Mar 17 2020 3:55 AM (9 replies)
  • Steviet18111
    1 Posts
    Sun, Mar 15 2020 10:43 AM

Hi, 

I know this has been covered before but there isn't a button to add a friend from their profile, is this a setting I have wrongly turned on or what? I have tried with Chrome, Edge, Facebook and also on the tablet app? 

If anyone can point me in the direction of a fix that would be great 

Thanks

Steve

• alosso
    21,043 Posts
    Sun, Mar 15 2020 1:59 PM

On the Flash version on PC, there should be a button on their profile above the line showing their name, next to "invite to play" etc.

Dunno about "Early Access".

No direct fix known to me. The general advice in case of problems is "clear the caches" and "reboot the system". Might help, or not.

• ScottHope
    10,140 Posts
    Sun, Mar 15 2020 3:49 PM

Make sure flash is enabled in your browser otherwise the buttons won't appear.

• alosso
    21,043 Posts
    Sun, Mar 15 2020 11:52 PM

Are you sure, Scott? Inspecting the buttons with a right mouse click doesn't point to Flash.

Steviet18111:
    there isn't a button to add a friend from their profile
    Perhaps, this player has blocked you. Then you'd have no option to contact or invite him, also on the wall.

• ScottHope
    10,140 Posts
    Mon, Mar 16 2020 1:37 AM

alosso:
    Are you sure, Scott? Inspecting the buttons with a right mouse click doesn't point to Flash.

If I block flash in my browser then refresh the page, they disappear. Hope I'm not unique.  : )

• alosso
    21,043 Posts
    Mon, Mar 16 2020 10:21 PM

ScottHope:
    If I block flash in my browser then refresh the page, they disappear.
    Same here.

It's not your fault ;)

• alosso
    21,043 Posts
    Tue, Mar 17 2020 2:02 AM

Turns out that it's more complicated. It's not a Flash part of the homepage but it is somehow dependant on it.

I discovered that at least one button shows w/o Flash, if you are not logged in.

On mobile (via browser) ...

and on PC:

Once you log in on mobile, it disappears, as it does on PC without Flash:

(Apparently, my picture host postimage has been hijacked by a rogue invader. Looking for a new provider with direct links)

• ScottHope
    10,140 Posts
    Tue, Mar 17 2020 2:36 AM

I think the coding on this site is a bit messy, but perhaps it'll be cleaned up once flash is gone.

Your pictures are available. In FireFox can you right click on the actual picture in postimage then copy and paste image, or copy and paste image link/address, into your message? (Don't use the 'Grab it' link).

• alosso
    21,043 Posts
    Tue, Mar 17 2020 3:42 AM

Ah - it's new to me to copy&paste pictures directly -done!

(I used the second item on the pictures' pop-up menu: "Copy graphic")

Initially, I tried to use the pictures' URL, but it's not a picture type (e.g. jpg) but a code like d8cedc8ad4 and would only work as a link.

Where do you host your pictures?

• ScottHope
    10,140 Posts
    Tue, Mar 17 2020 3:55 AM

I use imgur, and very occasionally Screencast. I used to use Photobucket, but I have deleted my account there now, which is a shame, but they have shot themselves in the foot with their charges and stuff.

RSS