Forums

Help › Forums

Shot Pal and Putter Pal not showing

Mon, Mar 22 2021 10:59 AM (46 replies)
  • accuate
    1,076 Posts
    Sun, Mar 29 2020 9:12 AM

I still don't have putterpal or shotpal on the new version.

I have tried having flash and new version both turn on & still doesn't work.

I have unloaded 3x to see if that help not at all.

I reported it to WGT to no avail.

No matter what I do I don't have it and can't play the NV anymore because of it.

Any one else haveing this problem??

Acc

• ScottHope
    9,981 Posts
    Mon, Mar 30 2020 6:07 AM

Sounds like you might need to do a clean install of the game accuate.

Uninstalling WGT early access via the usual method (control panel or start menu) only removes the installer, the actual game gets left behind.

If you want to do a clean install of the game, follow the steps below. Everything associated with your account is stored at WGT, so don't worry about losing your equipment, stats etc., that won't happen.

Reinstall PCEA (not for steam)

1.) Create a system restore point.

2.) Uninstall the WGT Launcher the normal way first, either via the control panel or from the start menu or windows settings / apps.

3.) Next, go into your Program Files (32bit machine ) in Windows explorer, or Program Files (x86) (64bit machine ), find and delete the Topgolf folder.

4.) Open up the registry editor, navigate your way to this key... HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\WGT ...and delete it.

5.) If you don't want to manually edit the registry in step 4, download and run THIS file, it will delete the key for you. You will get some warning pop-ups about editing the registry when you run the file, just okay those if you are happy to proceed.

6.) Reboot your PC.

7.) You can now re-install the game. HERE is a link for the early access Windows download or you can run the WGTLauncher.msi file if it is still in your downloads folder.

• easilybeaten
    274 Posts
    Thu, Jun 25 2020 4:27 PM

after todays update all i got was a brown screen..tied all your steps.. but still same problem

• ScottHope
    9,981 Posts
    Thu, Jun 25 2020 7:51 PM

Are you running the standalone or the steam version?

• woogster
    174 Posts
    Fri, Jun 26 2020 11:57 AM

Hey Scoot, I had to uninstall the PCEA version of the game this morning.

Ifollowed the steps in your post above and now am getting this message when trying to reinstall.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Steve(woogster)

• ScottHope
    9,981 Posts
    Fri, Jun 26 2020 1:24 PM

Steve, if you are running a 64 bit system, try changing the 'Use source' to...

C:\Program Files (x86)\Topgolf\

...or if you are running a 32 bit system...

C:\Program Files\Topgolf\

• woogster
    174 Posts
    Fri, Jun 26 2020 1:59 PM

Scott,

When I did the clean install I ran a program I have named Everything that looks for residual files left over after an install so the topgolf is no longer on my computer.

Also when I try to change the location in the pic above I get this message.

But I know there is not an older version of the laucher on my computer.

Steve

• ScottHope
    9,981 Posts
    Fri, Jun 26 2020 2:14 PM

Have you checked in your control panel to see if WGT Launcher is listed under Programs and Features. If it is, try uninstalling it there.

• woogster
    174 Posts
    Fri, Jun 26 2020 2:19 PM

That is how I uninstalled it to begin with.

• ScottHope
    9,981 Posts
    Fri, Jun 26 2020 2:26 PM

System restore.

You did create a restore point, didn't you?

RSS