Forums

Help › Forums

Currently in a game - help!

Sun, Dec 4 2022 6:15 PM (22 replies)
  • el3n1
    4,494 Posts
    Sat, Feb 29 2020 8:39 AM

HackWilson1930:
    el3n1: could be a matter of principle rather than coins.

true, but if you read the post from the other person the exchange that followed on each other's walls, his opponent appears to have wd or forfeit and left the match.  he wasn't intentionally leaving him hanging.  

so it sounded as though, his own device was hung up, not his opponent... and he was now belittling his opponent who had attempted to graciously exit giving him the win.  

his frustration is then with WGT or his own device … principle or not...  but sitting there waiting for it to clear up, is not going to help.  sometimes you just have to reset your own device and then submit a request to WGT. 

• el3n1
    4,494 Posts
    Sat, Feb 29 2020 9:05 AM

--I want to add something regarding "my own device" … I had various problems along the lines being reported, but I also began to wonder... about my own device... I was using a tablet that was going on 2 1/2 years of regular, almost daily use...

it occurred to me my battery could be getting old and weary... I eventually ordered a new battery to replace the original.  While it didn't resolve every issue that I have observed, it did potentially play a part in some of the other problems I had. 

My point being... how many times could I have blamed others or WGT for something that could have been caused by my own device, my own wifi connection, etc... Stuff happens and it may not ALWAYS be due to the other person... sometimes, unbeknownst to me, my device could be having problems or logic hang ups too.  

• SamSpayed
    4,902 Posts
    Sat, Feb 29 2020 10:12 AM

el3n1:
    how many times could I have blamed others or WGT for something that could have been caused by my own device, my own wifi connection, etc.

Don't over-think it.  It's WGT.

Happened to me last night around the same time as Cas57 posted.  Coin Game #1 - game froze, finally my opponent disconnected (probably out of frustration).  Coin Game #2 - game froze twice, both times I restarted PCEA after waiting 5 mins, 2nd time I assume it gave me the forfeit (oh well).  Coin Game #3 - long story short, game froze 3 times, took the rest of my 30 mins of sponsorship and then some to finish (I waited that one out).  Kept throwing up some sort of SQL connection error pointing to the WGT server.

All during this time I was able to access other Internet sites just fine, so the problem wasn't on my end.  USA East Coast here, in case it helps WGT track down the issue (I'm laughing as I type that).

• Cas57
    3,036 Posts
    Sat, Feb 29 2020 10:31 AM

HackWilson1930:
    could be a matter of principle rather than coins.

exactly what it is!  Unfortunately this isn't the first time something like this has happened in the past 9 years I've been playing this game.  I asked for some help then notified WGT.

el3n1:
    true, but if you read the post from the other person the exchange that followed on each other's walls, his opponent appears to have wd or forfeit and left the match.  he wasn't intentionally leaving him hanging.  

so it sounded as though, his own device was hung up, not his opponent... and he was now belittling his opponent who had attempted to graciously exit giving him the win.  

his frustration is then with WGT or his own device … principle or not...  but sitting there waiting for it to clear up, is not going to help.  sometimes you just have to reset your own device and then submit a request to WGT. 

tell me where I belittled him please!  I stated the issue I had, he responded with name calling and insults nearly an hour later.

Now look at the time line, I posted here at 10:11pm a few minutes after my first post to his wall which he deleted.  He then responded to me at 10:57pm with his not so kind post, I responded at 11:02, then he at 11:06pm with his explanation all PST.

After an hour of being stuck waiting, I sent a ticket in to WGT.  I had taken a picture and a short video of what was going on in case WGT needed more info.

Earlier this morning, the app was seemingly ok, no more waiting for him but no indication of won or lost coins.

Since I was able to post here via WGT.com, the problem did not seem to be with my equipment

• Cas57
    3,036 Posts
    Sat, Feb 29 2020 10:35 AM

el3n1:

--I want to add something regarding "my own device" … I had various problems along the lines being reported, but I also began to wonder... about my own device... I was using a tablet that was going on 2 1/2 years of regular, almost daily use...

I'm using a 3 month old PC with the PC version of WGT, I doubt it's my battery....

• el3n1
    4,494 Posts
    Sat, Feb 29 2020 11:05 AM

Cas57:
    tell me where I belittled him please!  I stated the issue I had, he responded with name calling and insults nearly an hour later.

calling an opponent out on their wall, and posting that you are contacting WGT does suggest that you are blaming your opponent because it was about principle... unless you were directing that claim to WGT... and some have ... but WGT does in most cases reimburse you the coins. 

it is a flaky game at times, and as noted, glitches, server issues and sometimes even your own device can be an issue.  

what's the saying --- you can't change the direction of the wind, but you can trim your sails and move on...  sounds like you dropped anchor and then expected the issue to fix itself.  while blaming the wind for then capsizing your boat.  

provide WGT with as much info as you can, but I am sharing... I have been down this road before... don't let it cause you grief... request a refund of your silly coins and move on... it will happen again and it will continue to happen... whether it is WGT's fault or out of their control... there are far too many things that can happen that they will be able to fix every little nuance that can happen. 

Cas57:
    Since I was able to post here via WGT.com, the problem did not seem to be with my equipment

Remember, you are not connecting to the server for the coin game, but rather an entire different location, page when you enter into the forum... it does not rule out why your connection to the coin game was having issues. 

It clearly got hung up... you refused to reset the connection for your game for fear of "losing" your coins... so you dropped anchor and the rest followed. 

--In my experience, if the game doesn't reset or reconnect fairly quickly and you can't restart quickly to get your game to reload within your own short timer allowed, then the game is over... you can't fix it, WGT can't fix it, all you can do is contact customer support and hope for a reimbursement.  Leaving your device spinning for an hour is just silly, imho, you were wasting your time after the first 2 minutes.

• el3n1
    4,494 Posts
    Sat, Feb 29 2020 11:15 AM

Cas57:
    I'm using a 3 month old PC with the PC version of WGT, I doubt it's my battery....

And you do know the WGT version of EA on the PC is still in the developmental stages... assuming the EA version will run perfectly is a poor assumption.  This too could have been part of the problem that led to your game going into the terminal spin mode. 

I too have played on EA hoping it would be more stable than using a tablet or phone, but I still see problems pop up and still see games seemingly lock up.  It still has issues at times, but I can't explain all of the reasons why.. I just know they happen because I too have observed them, but I also know it is still a work in progress.  It isn't a finished product and there may still be bugs to work out.

• Cas57
    3,036 Posts
    Sat, Feb 29 2020 6:24 PM

All's well that ends well.  After I sent WGT a message to Customer Service, this is what they sent back, I shortened it a little to save space

Hi Steve,

After a review of this matter, we determined that a refund was due and credited your WGT account.

Thank you for playing World Golf Tour.

Regards,
    WGT Member Services

I responded with -

Thank you very much but as it turned out, I was wrong in my assumption about him just leaving the game.  He left a message on my profile page, apparently he had a power outage along with losing his high speed connection at his home at that point in time.  He said he couldn't return in a timely manner due to the situation and when he did, he forfeited the game to me.

If need be, you can go ahead and take back the coins just to keep things honest. 

Is that a glitch in the system?

Steve

they they responded back -

Hi Steve,

No worries, we went ahead and deducted the coins from your account. I have passed this along to our team to look into.

Best,

WGT

Now to answer a non question, I don't want to be a part of anyone purposely "throwing a coin match" game to put coins in my pocket.  As in real life, if I can't play good enough to win it, I don't want it, I consider it cheating.

End of Story for me.

Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE
  • el3n1
    4,494 Posts
    Sun, Mar 1 2020 8:25 AM

Yep, WGT did what you were told they would do... reimburse you.  Yet you tried to make it a huge moral story on principle.  It wasn't, it was just as likely a glitch in the game that happens all the time.

Yet, you continue to try and espouse sanctimonious ideals on trivial coins.  Get off your high horse.  By your logic, everyone that accepts gifts from others is cheating WGT out of people buying credits or watching videos to buy balls and depriving WGT of sales because they didn't earn them on their own.  So, make sure you write to WGT and tell them to remove any gifts from your bag, because you didn't earn them or buy them yourself.  Just crazy talk.  So glad, I didn't cheat WGT out of that by gifting you a sleeve on the chance you misunderstood my efforts to help you see your own futility in trying to sit out a locked up game.  

There are people who have seemingly legitimately hurt the larger WGT community, by exploiting and strip mining coins / credits that led to the restrictions that have since been imposed.  There are people who multi-account or restart to take coins from lower tier players starting out.  Those are the people cheating the game.  Pick one of those axes to grind. 

At least you apologized to the person you accused of trying to take your coins, so I commend you for that.  

• TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Sun, Mar 1 2020 8:43 AM

RSS