Forums

Help › Forums

WORLD CUP 2020

Tue, Jan 12 2021 4:39 PM (1,625 replies)
  • Kenher01
    1,151 Posts
    Sat, May 2 2020 5:55 PM

1irony:

I thought the slowest player was good ol' Kenher01! LOL

Let's try and keep this thread positive folks; this isn't stuff Finny wants to see.

Cheers,

Darren

Darren, I resemble that remark! ;)

Ken

• carlosdev
    2,528 Posts
    Sat, May 2 2020 7:46 PM

shing1:

just lost my game to the slowest player on the planet, no enjoyment what so ever so well done him

You can’t always make it to the playoffs in Fantasy football :)

Your ardent FANNNNNNNN

_/\_

• TdotDoba
    2,160 Posts
    Sat, May 2 2020 8:40 PM

1irony:

Let's try and keep this thread positive folks; this isn't stuff Finny wants to see.

Cheers,

Darren

Thanks for that, yes lets try to keep it positive folks...

and your right Kenher01 is the slowest player on WGT (and one of the nicest men you will meet) If Ken was in baseball they would call him a human rain delay.... if it was cricket I fear a match may go 3 months... When Ken played footie they had to extend the games to 120 min a half..... when Ken plays a bit of 501, he insists that they change it to 901 cause the games go to fast..... we checked in with his wife and she said,"Ken, perfectly slow" (sadly so did his 5th form teacher).

Dos Equis was going to do a commercial with him but they only had a 60 sec spot...

Woo Hoo Ken we love ya :)

• Kenher01
    1,151 Posts
    Sun, May 3 2020 2:05 AM

TdotDoba:

1irony:

Cheers,

Darren

Thanks for that, yes lets try to keep it positive folks...

and your right Kenher01 is the slowest player on WGT (and one of the nicest men you will meet) If Ken was in baseball they would call him a human rain delay.... if it was cricket I fear a match may go 3 months... When Ken played footie they had to extend the games to 120 min a half..... when Ken plays a bit of 501, he insists that they change it to 901 cause the games go to fast..... we checked in with his wife and she said,"Ken, perfectly slow" (sadly so did his 5th form teacher).

Dos Equis was going to do a commercial with him but they only had a 60 sec spot...

Woo Hoo Ken we love ya :)

• busybiscuit
    344 Posts
    Sun, May 3 2020 7:58 AM

Result Group 5 Round 5 Match 2

#122 CharlieH100 won 5 up vs # 220 Busybiscuit

Charlie initially started slowly with the putter but the longer we played the puts started to fall like A Champion. Well played Buddy great fun. Enjoyed walking the course with you. Pity this has to come to an end!

All the best to you and your team. Cheers from a very hot and humid Maldives

Marius

• CharlieH100
    288 Posts
    Sun, May 3 2020 8:03 AM

Group 5, Match 2  Fairway Fanatics v Springbok Links

CharlieH100 wins over busybiscuit 5&4

Really good to meet and play with Marius. We both suffered a bit with the greens - it is Olympic after all - and it was a cagey first few holes as we both tried to get used to it and avoid four-putting all over the place. I got my nose in front at the turn by 3 as Marius's putter remained resolutely frozen. The tenth was a bit of a turning point; I broke the cardinal rule at Olympic and drove into the 40-50 rough while Marius sat proudly mid-fairway. My second fell 30 yards short, but his was short and in the rough. I then fluked a punch into the hole and it was tough for my opponent after that.  

Great fun, thank you Marius (you live in The Maldives so I don't feel too sorry for you, lol) and best of luck to you and the Boks from here on. 

• WWilliams46
    91 Posts
    Sun, May 3 2020 8:20 AM

Group 5 Match 2 Fairway Fanatics B VS Springbok Links

WWilliams46 defeated Markbertsch1 2 & 1

Great back and forth match with a really nice fellow that included long putts the dreaded "Tree and I managed a bunker hole out on 7 and an arching eagle putt on 17 to close out the win.

• andyironhands
    208 Posts
    Sun, May 3 2020 8:30 AM

Group 5 - Round 5 - Match 3 - Tie 6

(333) andyironhands wins 6 up over (243Phippo20040

After a shaky start going down 1 on the 2nd hole, I managed to turn it around on the next few holes for the win after Andy had a few near misses on the putts (hope the stream didn't affect your game to much).

Good Luck to you & SEL in the knockouts.

• duda51
    1,007 Posts
    Sun, May 3 2020 8:58 AM
    03 May
    duda51 defeated rkburd in a 18 hole match play game on THE OLYMPIC CLUB.
    Group 1 Round 5 Match 3
    This is a match we both will want to forget fast,,we both played poor and would have been better off putting with our drivers,,,It went down to the 18th and only difference was a bit of bad luck, A draw would have been a fair result but like i said just a small bit of bad luck happen to work in my favor,,rkburd is a very nice guy and i hope we hit it up again when we get a chance,,I wish rkburd and his team the very best going forward in the WC
  • Barry01
    285 Posts
    Sun, May 3 2020 9:42 AM

Barry01 and paul burtner played 18 hole match play on Olyimpic 

Group 2  match play 

Barry01 won 5 and 3 game was closer than the score I got some nice shots in and paul just missed some putts 

A great guy pleasure to play 

good luck to him and his team going forward 

Barry01 

RSS