Forums

Help › Forums

WORLD CUP 2020

Tue, Jan 12 2021 4:39 PM (1,625 replies)
  • f1dget
    4,074 Posts
    Wed, Apr 29 2020 1:19 PM

TBR Titans vs The Trans Pirates ((just in time was played yesterday)

Group 2 Round 4 Tie # 6

AgentBrown123 (58) vs Wolfwoods57 (61)

Thanks,

Jay

• PAULFINN52
    3,172 Posts
    Thu, Apr 30 2020 12:04 AM

The  world cup  2020

hey all

firstly im looking forward to Jay(F1DGET)and his team of talented players doing some commentating on live streamed matches in the latter stages of the Cup and maybe the Plate, it should be a lot of fun and good to watch, might even let them do one of my matches as its total fun for me lol.

We move on to the last group match, looking at the groups I can see there’s still a lot to fight for between the Cup and Plate places so every point matters this round.

Group 1  is pretty much done with the first three, well done the Combos,Rhinos and East Coast on advancing through to the last sixteen.

Group 2  The Titans take first place but the Haks take on Nova B for that second spot and only three points between them, the Pirates need the Haks to do badly and them to take lots of points from Brookline to have a chance to advance in the Cup.

Group 3  Nova A are lying in first spot with SPL Steak and Chops in second and look favorites to go through, the Fanatics entertain the Spartans for the important third spot and only three points between them this one could go down to the wire.

Group 4  this one could go anyway between five teams for the Cup places, the Chickens are leading the group and strong favorites but they take on Founders who are currently third but could get second place over the Raiders who  might get first place if results fall their way against the Chiefs who are not out of either and Founders take some matches off the Chickens god its confusing lol.

Also Cosa are not out of it playing the Twats and if results go their way could get into the top three. Every point is crucial in this round so good luck with this group.

Group 5 has the top two spots taken with the Bandits and Diablos but there’s a battle for third spot between the Fanatics B side and Golfos Unidos and only five points separate them.

Also there’s a top scoring fourth spot to go through so don’t give up if your team isn’t in automatic place keep scoring the points.

We will monitor the results as they come in and if some groups are really close and going close to the end of the round I wil put back the last sixteen by a few days for captains to sort their teams out.

Don’t forget any teams not making the Cup, you will go into the last sixteen of the Plate and we took it last year with the Diablos a great achievement and a fine looking trophy.

Right onto the golf

Round 5 

30 April – 14th May

The Olympic Club; Lake Course

This course has no water and boy it doesn’t need it,loads of trees to catch wayward drives or approach shots, downhill and uphill elevation shots I would hate to walk this course lol.

A truly great match play course where fortune favors the brave but still caution and patience is vital on holes where you can run up a big score if not careful.

Any player with a_-2 by their name  must  take an air shot on holes 4 and 16.

RULES

Each match will be played to a win, draw lose no sudden death 18 holes,

Each match will have a 2 week timeline to complete

Any players refusing to play will forfeit their match,

Any matches not completed on time will be looked at by me and dotty and a decision made on the result depending on evidence supplied,

Once a match been played the result will stand so it’s up to all players to check the opponents tier before start of play,

I would suggest a 90sec shot clock with maximum timeouts, there’s no panic to get the game played and have a chat in-between,

If both players agree they can have 60 or 45 that would be their choice,

No focus boosts will be allowed during matches. Use of this tool will lead to a disqualification

Any team members giving advice on any shots/putts to another player on any chat forum and found out, the player and the adviser will be disqualified from the rest of the comp. 

Players please when posting results, I would like group number, teams and players please and a short post of the match,

Let’s keep the forum busy but no negative comments from anyone, if you have problem contact your captain first and they will contact the other captain, I don’t really want to be involved unless I have to.

Ctth holes and prizes

Round 5

30th april to 14th may

Olympic

HOLE 3

1IRONY

2 SLEEVES

HOLE 7

F1DGET

2 SLEEVES

CLOSEST TEE SHOT

HOLE 8

VENNA68

1 GOLF BAG

HOLE 13

1IRONY

1 SLEEVE

HOLE 15

PLAYER

1 SLEEVE

LEGENDS ONLY

HOLE 17

PLAYER

1 SLEEVE

2ND SHOT ON THE GREEN

SPECIAL PRIZES
    longest hole in one over whole comp 5 sleeves
    longest holed out shot over whole comp 5 sleeves
    longest putt over 20 feet over whole comp 5 sleeves
    first double eagle from open play 5 sleeves
    FIRST HOLED OUT BUNKER SHOT Titleist Vokey SM7 Wedge Range

lastly every point counts players so get these games completed and see you in the knockout stages.

finny

• PAULFINN52
    3,172 Posts
    Thu, Apr 30 2020 12:04 AM

The  world cup  2020

hey all

firstly im looking forward to Jay(F1DGET)and his team of talented players doing some commentating on live streamed matches in the latter stages of the Cup and maybe the Plate, it should be a lot of fun and good to watch, might even let them do one of my matches as its total fun for me lol.

We move on to the last group match, looking at the groups I can see there’s still a lot to fight for between the Cup and Plate places so every point matters this round.

Group 1  is pretty much done with the first three, well done the Combos,Rhinos and East Coast on advancing through to the last sixteen.

Group 2  The Titans take first place but the Haks take on Nova B for that second spot and only three points between them, the Pirates need the Haks to do badly and them to take lots of points from Brookline to have a chance to advance in the Cup.

Group 3  Nova A are lying in first spot with SPL Steak and Chops in second and look favorites to go through, the Fanatics entertain the Spartans for the important third spot and only three points between them this one could go down to the wire.

Group 4  this one could go anyway between five teams for the Cup places, the Chickens are leading the group and strong favorites but they take on Founders who are currently third but could get second place over the Raiders who  might get first place if results fall their way against the Chiefs who are not out of either and Founders take some matches off the Chickens god its confusing lol.

Also Cosa are not out of it playing the Twats and if results go their way could get into the top three. Every point is crucial in this round so good luck with this group.

Group 5 has the top two spots taken with the Bandits and Diablos but there’s a battle for third spot between the Fanatics B side and Golfos Unidos and only five points separate them.

Also there’s a top scoring fourth spot to go through so don’t give up if your team isn’t in automatic place keep scoring the points.

We will monitor the results as they come in and if some groups are really close and going close to the end of the round I wil put back the last sixteen by a few days for captains to sort their teams out.

Don’t forget any teams not making the Cup, you will go into the last sixteen of the Plate and we took it last year with the Diablos a great achievement and a fine looking trophy.

Right onto the golf

Round 5 

30 April – 14th May

The Olympic Club; Lake Course

This course has no water and boy it doesn’t need it,loads of trees to catch wayward drives or approach shots, downhill and uphill elevation shots I would hate to walk this course lol.

A truly great match play course where fortune favors the brave but still caution and patience is vital on holes where you can run up a big score if not careful.

Any player with a_-2 by their name  must  take an air shot on holes 4 and 16.

RULES

Each match will be played to a win, draw lose no sudden death 18 holes,

Each match will have a 2 week timeline to complete

Any players refusing to play will forfeit their match,

Any matches not completed on time will be looked at by me and dotty and a decision made on the result depending on evidence supplied,

Once a match been played the result will stand so it’s up to all players to check the opponents tier before start of play,

I would suggest a 90sec shot clock with maximum timeouts, there’s no panic to get the game played and have a chat in-between,

If both players agree they can have 60 or 45 that would be their choice,

No focus boosts will be allowed during matches. Use of this tool will lead to a disqualification

Any team members giving advice on any shots/putts to another player on any chat forum and found out, the player and the adviser will be disqualified from the rest of the comp. 

Players please when posting results, I would like group number, teams and players please and a short post of the match,

Let’s keep the forum busy but no negative comments from anyone, if you have problem contact your captain first and they will contact the other captain, I don’t really want to be involved unless I have to.

Ctth holes and prizes

Round 5

30th april to 14th may

Olympic

HOLE 3

1IRONY

2 SLEEVES

HOLE 7

F1DGET

2 SLEEVES

CLOSEST TEE SHOT

HOLE 8

VENNA68

1 GOLF BAG

HOLE 13

1IRONY

1 SLEEVE

HOLE 15

PLAYER

1 SLEEVE

LEGENDS ONLY

HOLE 17

PLAYER

1 SLEEVE

2ND SHOT ON THE GREEN

SPECIAL PRIZES
    longest hole in one over whole comp 5 sleeves
    longest holed out shot over whole comp 5 sleeves
    longest putt over 20 feet over whole comp 5 sleeves
    first double eagle from open play 5 sleeves
    FIRST HOLED OUT BUNKER SHOT Titleist Vokey SM7 Wedge Range

lastly every point counts players so get these games completed and see you in the knockout stages.

finny

• TdotDoba
    2,160 Posts
    Thu, Apr 30 2020 1:11 AM

Your round 5 match ups are now posted

Cheers

• f1dget
    4,074 Posts
    Thu, Apr 30 2020 1:15 PM

TBR Titans vs The Trans Pirates group 2 round 4.

I would just like to say thank you to Mickey and his team of Trans Pirates for a well played round on Pinehurst. All games were played in excellent spirits and completed on time. Many thanks to The Trans Pirates team and we would like to wish you all the very best of luck for the remainder of The World Cup,

Warmest regards,

Jay.

• jayw4862
    3,364 Posts
    Thu, Apr 30 2020 9:48 PM

Rd. 5 Match 3 (Olympic Matchplay)

TBR Rhinos vs East Coast Cruisers

Tie#1 

jayw4862 (#19) wins 2 and 1 vs DanC2807 (#166)

Back and forth match. I was able to get a 3up lead by hole 12 and Dan fought back holing a shot and making some great bendy putts to get to 1 down on after hole 15. I got one back on 16, to go 2 up. He barely missed his eagle putt on 17 which would've sent us to the 18th. And the way he was playing on the back 9, I didn't want to go another hole!!

Tough competitor and super nice guy. We had some things in common and a new friendship was made. Dan is a great player. Enjoyed our game bud.

• DanC2807
    965 Posts
    Fri, May 1 2020 4:00 AM

Was a pleasure, Jay!!   You were very solid with only 3 approach shots outside of 9 feet!  I won two of those holes but on the other one, he drilled an 18 footer for eagle on #7 to win the hole!  Kept the pressure on me the whole round.  Had 3 lips and some burnt edges, but on this day, Jay was the man.   He's a fantastic player.

Take care of your mom!   We'll do it again sometime.  

Dan

• PAULFINN52
    3,172 Posts
    Fri, May 1 2020 8:01 AM

SORRY I HAVE MADE AN ERROR

BOTH INDIAN RED TEAMS ARE FROM ROUND 4,I TOOK THE WRONGS TEAMS OFF THE MESSAGE.

DO NOT ARRANGE ANY GAMES AS I HAVE TO CHANGE THE ORDERS,IT IS COMPLETELY MY FAULT.

NOVA C v INDIAN WARRIORS

TRANS RAIDERS v INDIAN CHIEFS

GET THE MESSAGE TO ALL CAPTAINS PLEASE

• Lizard69
    2,006 Posts
    Fri, May 1 2020 8:56 AM

Rd. 5 Match 3 (Olympic Matchplay)

TBR Rhinos vs East Coast Cruisers

Lizard69 beat Bonhoeffe.

Great match, the lead changed hands a number of times and if not for Pete stopping in the jaws on 2 birdie putts, this would have been a different result..

Great match, great guy from Boston..

• pertyboy803psu
    68 Posts
    Fri, May 1 2020 1:31 PM

Group 2 Round 5

Brookline CC vs The Trans Pirates

(306) pertyboy803psu wins 2 and 1 vs (376) MGB01

Thanks for the great match, Mick. I got it going early to take a solid lead, but Mick fired right back after the turn. The livestream had a pretty solid crowd, which was awesome to see. Thanks to everyone that tuned in to watch, and thanks again Mick for the fun match.

Mike

RSS