Forums

Help › Forums

WGT Desktop Early Access for Mac

Sat, Nov 25 2023 10:05 AM (290 replies)
  • Rockford3739
    1 Posts
    Sun, Oct 4 2020 3:12 PM

What did you do?  I've never had trouble getting accessing the site for a game.  Now I'm told to download something.  Why?  You fucked up the whole game b/c I haven't been able to play for over a week.  Thanks a hell of a lot, jerks.  I'm glad I've never spent a penny here, and never will.

• Robert1893
    7,652 Posts
    Sun, Oct 4 2020 5:11 PM

Rockford3739:

What did you do?  I've never had trouble getting accessing the site for a game.  Now I'm told to download something.  Why?  You fucked up the whole game b/c I haven't been able to play for over a week.  Thanks a hell of a lot, jerks.  I'm glad I've never spent a penny here, and never will.

Since you're posting to a thread related to the Mac version, I'm going to assume you have a Mac.

If you're trying to access the flash version through Safari, you should know the recent version of Safari (v. 14.0) doesn't support flash, which means the game won't play in Safari. 

Version 14.0 of Safari was released a couple of weeks ago. 

• jcshoe
    2 Posts
    Wed, Oct 7 2020 2:55 PM

JCSHOE - Legend

Howdy all,

I've been a member here since 2004. Great game, I play daily. In fact my friends and I have a standing 2pm tee time.

However, I'm having an ON & OFF issue with multi-player matches. After sending or receiving an invite the loading phase reaches; Render Objects - it stops, pop-up window says connectivity issue, I hit retry, NO GOOD. I have a high speed fiber optic connection with 100 Down & 100 Up. So I figure it can't be a speed issue. As I said, on & off, so sometimes it works, sometimes not. I might go a week or more with no problems. Last 4 days no luck. Very frustrating. I can play the sponsored matches like, Chelsea's, Beverly Hills etc... or by myself.

Please Note: This is on the downloaded app on my Mac. NOT THE WEB VERSION.

I have an iMac, running MACOS High Sierra 10.13.6

I'm not able to update to the latest OS because some other apps I use for work are not supported beyond High Sierra.

Any suggestions would be truly appreciated.

Cheers,

JC

• davem58
    11 Posts
    Sun, Oct 11 2020 12:27 AM

I've  been playing this game for many years and have spent hundreds if not thousands of dollars on equipment and balls so I feel very qualified to comment!! I feel this version is a disgrace to all the loyal players you've accumulated and is the same disaster that is available on the phone that I won't play!! Changes did need to be made on the old game but completely blowing it up was the wrong thing to do!! Way to go Top Golf!!

• Robert1893
    7,652 Posts
    Sun, Oct 11 2020 9:13 AM

davem58:

I've  been playing this game for many years and have spent hundreds if not thousands of dollars on equipment and balls so I feel very qualified to comment!! I feel this version is a disgrace to all the loyal players you've accumulated and is the same disaster that is available on the phone that I won't play!! Changes did need to be made on the old game but completely blowing it up was the wrong thing to do!! Way to go Top Golf!!

Anyone who has played any amount of time is qualified to comment. And having spent money on it has nothing to do with whether a person is qualified or not. 

I don't consider the mobile version to be a disaster nor do I view the other modalities to be a disgrace. Not even close.

Sure, there are aspects of if that could be improved. No doubt about it. But it is simply incorrect to term these things to be a "disgrace" or a "disaster." 

• BaasZacks
    2 Posts
    Tue, Oct 13 2020 5:01 AM

How did you fix it, having the same issue?

• rolssperling
    652 Posts
    Fri, Oct 16 2020 4:28 AM

Lol the new version is certainly not a disgrace, if anything it is a little too addictive.

More avatars that don't have Brooks Koepka figures would be nice alongside multiplayer games - there is never enough players to get a 3 ball going so it would help to add multi player head to heads

thanks wgt - great work as usual and don't be put off by the nay sayers

• Timeslayer
    15 Posts
    Wed, Oct 21 2020 8:11 PM

Dude, The new formats really suck! They are not even a little addictive. If anything they are Unplayable. 

• RickinWaSt
    2,062 Posts
    Wed, Oct 21 2020 8:35 PM

Is the new “EA” comparable to “Flash” no. Given the average time one has been playing “Flash” I’m guessing the more challenging moving to “EA”.

I’ve been playing the new “EA” version 100% during the last 3 weeks. It has grow on me and this is my 6 month with WGT. What will more updates include? 

• Bjlaac
    18 Posts
    Thu, Oct 22 2020 4:25 AM

I've been playing since 2012 give or take a year.  This month will be the first that I can remember that I will not be adding funds to my account.  In fact, I will be playing down all of my credits through 12/29/2020.  That's how addictive the new game is to me.  In fact, almost everyone I chat with during a round hate the new version.

I'm glad some of you folks are finding the new desktop app ok but this has the making of a "new coke" mistake.  For any of you that were not around a few decades ago, that's when Coca Cola changed their formula to taste sweeter and more like Pepsi.  They got critical acclaim and a bunch of new customers.  The only problem is the folks who bought Coke all those years prior hated it so much Coke lost market share and had to bring back the old formula within months of its release.

You are taking that risk WGT, proceed carefully!

RSS