Forums

Help › Forums

WGT Desktop Early Access for Mac

Sat, Nov 25 2023 10:05 AM (290 replies)
  • gerryniswonger
    1,890 Posts
    Sat, Aug 29 2020 1:33 PM

I just tried to download it and it won't!  It keeps saying I already have an email address.

• katiesub
    16 Posts
    Tue, Sep 8 2020 2:02 PM

I had previously installed it successfully on my Dell PC. I uninstalled it when I had to transfer files to clean up some RAM space. Once done I went to re-install it fresh from the WGT link for the Launcher. Here's what I get:

"WGT Launcher Setup Wizard ended prematurely because of an error. Your system has not been modified. To install this program at a later time, run Setup Wizard again. Click the Finish button to exit the Setup Wizard."

I've cleared my cache after deleting the download, shut off the PC, restarted the next day and tried loading a fresh download of the app and it still gives me the same response.

I'd hate to lose the investment I've made in clubs and balls, etc. come December if WGT takes the regular site down.

Running Windows 10 - Opera as browser

Any advice? Please and thanks

• ScottHope
    10,011 Posts
    Tue, Sep 8 2020 3:25 PM

This thread is really meant for Mac users, but overlooking that, try a reinstall.

• katiesub
    16 Posts
    Thu, Sep 10 2020 6:17 AM

ScottHope:

This thread is really meant for Mac users, but overlooking that, try a reinstall.

Yes, I know I’m a lowly PC user but if you‘all read my inquiry you’ll see it does not allow a re-install. Hence the error quote. Sorry for invading your space. 

As it is, there is a program that WGT has through Steam that can assist with other user issues regarding installing. Steam is available for MAC uisers.

• Robert1893
    7,651 Posts
    Thu, Sep 10 2020 7:05 AM

katiesub:
    Yes, I know I’m a lowly PC user but if you‘all read my inquiry you’ll see it does not allow a re-install. Hence the error quote. Sorry for invading your space. 

You might want to dial down the rhetoric a bit there.

By far, Scott is one of the nicest and most helpful individuals on these boards as well as probably being the most respected member of this community. 

Your snarky comment is completely unwarranted. 

• katiesub
    16 Posts
    Thu, Sep 10 2020 7:22 AM

Robert1893:

katiesub:

You might want to dial down the rhetoric a bit there.

By far, Scott is one of the nicest and most helpful individuals on these boards as well as probably being the most respected member of this community. 

Your snarky comment is completely unwarranted. 

Please excuse the apparent overlook of my original post in your buttressing of your pal's response. I wrote that I had attempted a re-install but he overlooked that. To me, that was insulting. Aside from that, I also provided an answer to the MAC users' issue which, after so many posts without resolution, was offered in  camaraderie which, in turn, was the polar opposite of Scott's initial response to me. Case closed, move on, enjoy your boys' club.

• ScottHope
    10,011 Posts
    Thu, Sep 10 2020 7:31 AM

Thank you Robert.  ; )

If you feel I was a bit curt Katie, I apologise.

It's very difficult to keep threads on track, and we are probably all guilty of doing a bit of derailing now and again (as I am now, lol), but looking through a thread that has multiple branches, makes it very tedious to find posts that adhere to its title.

Anyway, the reason I suggested my reinstall method was because trying to remove the game from your installed apps or programs, doesn't remove the game, it only removes the installer (as far as I'm aware). So if you remove the installer then do a reinstall, you'll just end up back at square one because the game never got removed.

• Robert1893
    7,651 Posts
    Thu, Sep 10 2020 7:36 AM

katiesub:
    Please excuse the apparent overlook of my original post in your buttressing of your pal's response. I wrote that I had attempted a re-install but he overlooked that. To me, that was insulting. Aside from that, I also provided an answer to the MAC users' issue which, after so many posts without resolution, was offered in  camaraderie which, in turn, was the polar opposite of Scott's initial response to me. Case closed, move on, enjoy your boys' club.

It's not a "boys club." Indeed, when I responded to you what gender you identify with didn't even enter my mind. Before responding, I didn't really look at your user name or your profile.Besides, being nice has nothing to do with gender. 

Instead of getting all defensive, why don't you just admit that you could have responded better? It's not that difficult. It also takes less energy than playing the victim. 

By the way, I don't think Scott could insult someone if he tried. 

• Robert1893
    7,651 Posts
    Thu, Sep 10 2020 7:39 AM

katiesub:
    I wrote that I had attempted a re-install but he overlooked that.

Actually, no, he didn't overlook that. Clearly, you don't look at the link he provided. 

• Robert1893
    7,651 Posts
    Thu, Sep 10 2020 7:45 AM

ScottHope:
    Thank you Robert.  ; )

You're very welcome.

Just remember: no good deed goes unpunished. 😉

RSS