Help › Forums

150 VIDEO CREDITS A DAY , NOT ENOUGH !

Mon, Nov 23 2020 6:40 PM (36 replies)
  • BWerthy
    1,009 Posts
    Fri, Nov 20 2020 1:25 PM
    froyhead:

well no videos come up to give me free credits so take that

I’m good with the 150, sure more would allow me to buy a more expensive ball but being able to buy 10 sleeves of L48 TM a month is more than plenty. I use an iPhone and an iPad. I can watch videos in the app with those. I cannot watch anything within the browser. It works fine through the app. Try that.
  • callaghan159
    6,222 Posts
    Fri, Nov 20 2020 3:15 PM

Video credits worked fine for me today as they do everyday. Did you reset your AD ID?
    Cheers

• borntobesting
    9,625 Posts
    Sat, Nov 21 2020 1:39 AM

DoctorLarry:

lonniescott711:
    Now they are setting the limits as to how many views and credits you can earn . Just goes to show their level of honesty as a company . Players Beware

Seriously?

Some players were "gaming" the system using multiple devices and apparently some bots (or something) to gain free credits well beyond any reasonable expectation.

It was the "dishonesty" of some players that was suspect, not WGT.  WGT is a for-profit business and they control the freebies.

I don’t remember the player but one of the more vocal mobile members in the forums claimed to have made over a million credits before Unity Ads not WGT put in the 150 credit limit. That is way more than anyone needs. 

• callaghan159
    6,222 Posts
    Sat, Nov 21 2020 4:20 AM

borntobesting:

I don’t remember the player but one of the more vocal mobile members in the forums claimed to have made over a million credits before Unity Ads not WGT put in the 150 credit limit. That is way more than anyone needs. 

I agree, but also asking 400,000 for a putter is a bit overboard also. 

• JC00713
    96 Posts
    Sat, Nov 21 2020 6:22 AM

callaghan159:

Video credits worked fine for me today as they do everyday. Did you reset your AD ID?

Cheers

I can get 4 credits per ad by logging in to WGT. On the app, I get only two credits per ad. About a month ago, I was able to watch many ads at a time thru WGT.com and the credits accumulated quickly compared to the app.  Recently, I only get one to two ads, and that’s it.  In fact, this morning I didnt get my 4 credits for watching the first ad, but did for the second, and then poof, the ads were gone. 

How does a player reset their AD ID?  I use mobile.

Thanks!

• bossbird
    2,192 Posts
    Sat, Nov 21 2020 10:00 AM

At the risk of being shot down in flames , as I understand it , the problem occurred because some of the very competitive big clubs had bots working day and night to accrue a mountain of free credits , that were then used to buy the best clubs and balls and passes for their members. Resulting in a massive miss use of this commodity. 
    As a result every one has been restricted. This is the error , in my opinion WGT could have found and penalised those clubs abusing the system , but instead , a blanket restriction on everyone was applied.
    I know these facts , as

1) some players of those clubs have admitted it to me , when I challenged them , and

2) WGT also admitted it to me in an email.

as a result I have stopped complaining about the unfairness of the limit , as long as everyone has the same limit.  
    it was just a shame those were not penalised , by having their credits confiscated.

• bypass07
    1,360 Posts
    Sat, Nov 21 2020 10:29 AM
    At least you can get free credits! A Lot of us got banned for no reason and worse no explanation. Enjoy your free credits.
  • mrmp1
    536 Posts
    Sat, Nov 21 2020 10:55 AM

I was banned  forever  about a month later I checked and  my ban was lifted so you might want to check it again as in my opinion I was banned for no reason

• bossbird
    2,192 Posts
    Sat, Nov 21 2020 11:45 AM

mrmp1:

I was banned  forever  about a month later I checked and  my ban was lifted so you might want to check it again as in my opinion I was banned for no reason

Are you talking about the surveys ? 
    as far as I am aware the videos for free credits are available , 150 credits per 24 hour period.
    the bans that have been imposed have been for participating in surveys , as discussed a few weeks ago by quite a few different players. 

• Norm00900
    57 Posts
    Sat, Nov 21 2020 12:02 PM

Surveys are a joke..I have only been able to ever get through 2..they take all your info and after 10 minutes wasted you are not what they are looking.very quickly you start getting scam/spam cell calls and emails....

RSS