Forums

Help › Forums

Limited Credit Videos

Sun, Jul 9 2023 7:30 PM (416 replies)
  • Wutpa
    4,803 Posts
    Mon, Mar 9 2020 3:45 PM

BirdieChaser2:
    I reread my original post.  You are correct.  My statement was too broad brushed.  It is based on  my experience and relatively small number of people I  play against  ( when you consider WGT says millions play).  My generality does weaken my position which was intended more to express a concern to WGT based on players I meet.

Understood, and I appreciate you taking the time to reassess your original phrasing. My response wasn't meant to sound like a personal attack.

The free credits are important to a great number of players, no doubt about it. And from that standpoint I understand your concern. 

Nigel.

• Imahacker58
    364 Posts
    Sun, Mar 15 2020 1:14 PM

Been limited to 4 or 6 credits per day (2 or 3 videos) lately, hardly worth the effort anymore. 

• Mythanatos
    2,199 Posts
    Mon, Mar 16 2020 10:13 AM

Imahacker58:

Been limited to 4 or 6 credits per day (2 or 3 videos) lately, hardly worth the effort anymore. 

Turn off location based ads on your device.

Also learn how to reset your advertising ID. plenty of instructions on these forums.

• GTom70
    1 Posts
    Thu, Apr 30 2020 9:48 AM

Thanks - works a treat!!

• pdiehm
    285 Posts
    Thu, May 14 2020 4:09 AM

i emailed WGT something, and wanted to share it here.

When I am not on WGT, I am playing TAP Sports Baseball, usually at night when I can't find a H2H game to play.  They have a similar "gold" system where you watch videos and get gold that can be used for player boxes and such.  

In that format, it's similar to WGT.  They also have video limits of 500 per day at 5 gold per video and a random double value video.  What is unique is that the game is coded in a manner that will not allow it to be played on an emulator.  So if you want to watch the videos, you have to manually click videos, 1 at a time.  You are also not allowed to be logged into multiple devices at the same time.

In this manner, I think WGT failed.  I can log into my ipad, my phone, and my work phone and knock out 75 videos in a matter of 10 minutes give or take.  

My proposal was:  raise the number of videos from say 75 to 150, eliminate the ability to be logged into multiple devices along with eliminate the emulator access.  This forces the player to manually click if they want the videos.  Throw in a random double value video...have certain weekends where all videos are double the value (not every weekend).  This will promote video watching, eliminate the "farming" of credits.  

I believe DonCaron said, people need to learn how to play a cheaper ball.  I have done that, moving from the 975 credit level 90 (now 87) Titleist to the level 40....but even further to the 450 credit Callaway.  The 300 credit callaway's have too fast a meter for me, and the 2.0 durability takes away...20 or so hits from the 450 credit ball.  It can be done

• bossbird
    2,192 Posts
    Thu, May 14 2020 8:18 AM

Good suggestion , but can I point out the reason I would really like to see a slightly higher level of free credit videos , is that as an owner I gift balls , and I am a very small club , but it still takes lots of credits I also sometimes gift passes to try and win turf wars , and I occasionally like to make a tournament with a credit gift. These things cost credits , I cannot afford to buy them so I watch videos every single day and I play lower value balls in friendly games so I conserve my credits. 
    I am sure WGT has the ability to find those clubs and those players who have abused the system that now bone fide players are being penalised for .
    I know life isn’t fair , but I would have thought WGT could have found a fairer system to protect most of us and penalise the clubs and players that take the pi.. 

• andwhy67
    2,816 Posts
    Thu, May 14 2020 10:15 AM

bossbird:
    I am sure WGT has the ability to find those clubs and those players who have abused the system

They were well aware of who ruined it for everyone else, but for the actions of a few, everyone else was penalised.

• Dalvarion
    1 Posts
    Fri, Feb 19 2021 12:09 PM

I am just trying to figure out where these ads are to watch is it the website or in game?

• BPeterson8256
    2,903 Posts
    Fri, Feb 19 2021 2:13 PM

Dalvarion:

I am just trying to figure out where these ads are to watch is it the website or in game?

On the phone app...  bottom left corner

• YouLostToALoser
    189 Posts
    Sat, Apr 10 2021 3:22 AM

WGTChampion:

Hi everyone,

As many of you have already noticed, we have limited the use of our free credit videos.

The app is supposed to be notifying players when a player has reached the limit, but for some reason this messaging is not showing. We are working to resolve the notification issue as quickly as possible.

While we have been happy to leave video ads uncapped for years, over the last several months the abuse of this feature has forced us to make a change.

There are individuals and clubs distributing tools on how to automate watching free credits. They're using multiple devices and programs to receive thousands of credits per day. The exploitation of this feature was not limited to a small number of users or clubs. In some cases, players had doubled their entire account lifespan in video-minutes watched.

When making this change, we wanted to make sure there would still be a fair number of ads for players to watch for free credits while also following the recommendations of our ad partners. This change still allows players to watch many more videos than what was recommended.

I'm sorry that I wasn't available to address this sooner and I sincerely apologize to everyone upset by this change. 

Thank you for your understanding and support. 

_CHAMPION 

Hi Champion

This is from a thread you started last year but is ongoing with 33 pages. Some good advice, some suspect and a few vendettas being made...but that’s people for you, especially with competition and money involved.

So my question. What is the cap on ads per day and how can one achieve that?

Also, secondarily to that, I am not getting credits when I get points for a maxed item, even though I had the problem, was given 100,000 coins (probably double what I didn’t get) but I only had 1-3 items in the timephrame counted. I now have 5.

Sorry about this, but I have a tertiary problem (obviously). I can’t find the balls that I got when joining WGT Nation. Since I’ve used them all, do you know, or know where to go to get them, or the equivalent (as brands, like Callaway Big Bertha is now Mavrik and even companies change ie Cleveland L80 wedge is now Titlist).

Thanks for your help and keeping this rowdy lot in some semblance of good etiquette (quite, quite, I say, Talley ho!). At my real club, they’d never put up with it!

Ps either you got first dabs on the names or you’re pretty high up the hierarchy. Some of you guys are embarrassed by their names (WGTadmin2 ;) ).

Thanks again. On l’on Day 184 and it’s a long learning process, very complex, yet everyone (hyperbolic but you know) wants everyito be perfect, all the time.

I aim to be A Tour Champion, as I’m in for the long haul. Got me out of depression when my business partner and mentor of 2/3rds my life died at 56 of heart attack, despite 2 weeks of contacting all medical professionals. The pandemic was all they seam to care about. Bad timing I guess.

I did nothing whilst our business and assets were sold for criminally low prices, hence the name of where my head was at that time. It was my nephew showed me this and within a month I was starting up again, got back 4 of our 7 employees and hope to get the other, plus more, soon.

If you got this far, thanks for providing a service that is ‘more than a game’.hence the frayed emotional outbursts at times I guess.

Keep Crushing...oh, and accept my friend request. I promise not to bother you unless I really need to, and never this long.

Howard

YouLostToALoser

RSS