Forums

Help › Forums

Fall Showdown: THEIR Forfeit Affects MY Score?

rated by 0 users
Fri, Dec 18 2020 2:00 PM (58 replies)
  • WGTChampion
    1,891 Posts
    Tue, Oct 8 2019 9:08 AM

el3n1:

Furthermore, it is absolutely ridiculous to force players who typically play in higher stakes rooms to slum it in the 100 coin buy in and play hacks or players still learning and getting their feet wet in the lowest stakes coin game available.  While they may be going off their forward tees and potentially starter gear it is the idea … and depending on the person, they then get upset or annoyed that a higher tier player with high end gear is playing all the way down in such a low stakes room.  If there is an option to alter that, I would really like to know, but it appeared to be my only option. 

Some if not all of these players may be trying to build their coin bankroll by competing against their peers... forcing higher tier players who typically play in higher stakes is a very poor design choice in constructing this event if there really is not an option to choose a different coin room to begin the event.  

There are 3 levels of the Showdown. You can enter higher levels which will also place you in higher coin rooms. 

_CHAMPION 

• WGTChampion
    1,891 Posts
    Tue, Oct 8 2019 9:12 AM

We've been following the Showdown very closely. When an opponent forfeits, the remaining player is able to complete the round solo and keep their score. In most cases this has worked correctly. We're looking into why in some rare cases players are receiving bogeys after finishing their round. 

_CHAMPION 

• AndrewPadgett
    66 Posts
    Tue, Oct 8 2019 9:33 AM
    I’m happy to report that, despite another player forfeiting when I was playing holes 4-6, my scores were recorded correctly...
  • bossbird
    2,192 Posts
    Tue, Oct 8 2019 10:02 AM

Wgt champion , in my case my oppo did not forfeit correctly , and left me dangling with the wheel turning , after a while I exited , expecting the game to be saved and for me to return to it, but it didn’t ! It had disappeared . I am not bothered as I then went and played again my three lots of 3 holes , but it does seem to be a problem. 

• el3n1
    4,494 Posts
    Tue, Oct 8 2019 10:55 AM

WGTChampion:
    There are 3 levels of the Showdown. You can enter higher levels which will also place you in higher coin rooms. 

Thanks for clarification.

I did not realize these were options or tabs, being a new event, I thought we would have to "earn" our next level and I didn't see a prompt or realize the levels are "tabs" or tap features. I couldn't change which coin room I wanted to play in at the bottom though, so I felt it was my only option.  I can't review or change it this time as I appear stuck in my current level.

WGTChampion:
    We're looking into why in some rare cases players are receiving bogeys after finishing their round. 

In my case, I believe it was a timing issue.  I mentioned earlier one match I was allowed to finish and the other I was kicked out of despite a significant lead and another birdie opportunity coming up.  The challenge was, I could not return quick enough and my opponent likely gave up being 3 shots down so the round closed out before I could return and finish the round, hence being assessed a bogey.  

• HappyHoleHunter
    1,854 Posts
    Wed, Oct 9 2019 10:54 AM

WGTChampion:

We've been following the Showdown very closely. When an opponent forfeits, the remaining player is able to complete the round solo and keep their score. In most cases this has worked correctly. We're looking into why in some rare cases players are receiving bogeys after finishing their round. 

_CHAMPION 

Hey Champ

You guys should be congratulated for introducing something different in the App. You know I’ve got Magnets, Young46 and Birchi all in my group! These Top names are crossing over to check it out and compete. Sure, there will be some hiccups but well worth it I say. 

Cheers HHH👍

• WGTChampion
    1,891 Posts
    Wed, Oct 9 2019 5:21 PM

Thanks HHH! 

_CHAMPION 

• RyanHanson24
    1 Posts
    Thu, Oct 10 2019 11:52 AM

Same thing happened to me! Guy I was playing quit on me. It "allowed" me to finish my holes, and although I finished with pars, my scorecard gave me bogeys!!!! Awful programming by WGT!

• Sildate
    644 Posts
    Thu, Oct 10 2019 7:27 PM

Just happened to me.  Opponent quit after 2 holes. I birdie hole 3 and it scored me a bogey. This is still continuing. Can this be fixed? 

• andwhy67
    2,816 Posts
    Thu, Oct 10 2019 9:09 PM

Played my elimination round,  played 1 hole and my opponent complained about my tier. Playing wolf creek playing the 2nd hole and got the spinning wheel, tried to reconnect and nothing, unable to reconnect 

great start WGT!

RSS