Forums

Help › Forums

Fall Showdown: THEIR Forfeit Affects MY Score?

rated by 0 users
Fri, Dec 18 2020 2:00 PM (58 replies)
  • HappyHoleHunter
    1,854 Posts
    Sat, Oct 12 2019 3:47 AM

Been over a day now since my last post. No response from any WGT representatives. Now I’m in 13th. Simon is actually out the qualifying top 50 now! I have emailed Help/Feedback which we all know is a waste of time. I don’t care if I qualify or not. Not the point. I hit a -21, I should be on -21. No response and you guarantee there will be no fix!

• jason01291
    411 Posts
    Sat, Oct 12 2019 8:17 AM

Hi Champion

As a mobile player i likd this showdown thing

A suggestion for you 

Nowhere in rules written you can be part of only one Rookie Veteran or Expert showdown.

Let us decide which coin room we want to play in showdown.

Just to check signed up for Rookie and now cant sign up fot other.

And it wiuld be fun more competetive if u let us choose coin room when shhowdown round is active

I would have picked Montreal/Manhattan rather default Paris room as of now

• Notajedi
    36 Posts
    Sat, Oct 12 2019 11:01 AM

Just had a guy quit after his tee shot it let me play on but recorded the holes as bogies for me, holes 6-9 of the final round, so I'm dead in the water as far as competing for top 10 now.

Event was a great idea by the way shame about the technical problems.

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,503 Posts
    Sat, Oct 12 2019 12:45 PM

Dear WGT staff,

The 3rd round of Fall Showdown has begun and I missed the cut due to the bug. I, therefore, kindly ask you to refund me the entry fee, 1,000 credits. 

It's a shame that it ended this way and to be honest, I am somewhat disappointed by the fact that none of WGT staff has given an explanation or a comment on the bug and the situation. I understand sometimes you just can't find answers for what-to-do but leaving people unanswered is not a good option or choice.

I hope no one would be affected or victimized again by the bug and no such bug would be bothersome for the future events, and for that, it has to be fixed ASAP of course.

Good luck to the rest of the field and remember... It's only a darn (good) video game after all.

Simon

• BOZskills
    392 Posts
    Sat, Oct 12 2019 1:32 PM

The reason that the Paris room was used was to allow for the different tiers to play from their respective tees,imo. Secondly what difference does it make how many worthless coins we're playing for in the coin room?

• jrods13
    2 Posts
    Sat, Oct 12 2019 9:54 PM

I also had the same issue in the final round.  As I was just about to make my birdie put on hole 13, the opponent forfeited.  I did end up making that birdie put, then pars on holes 14 and 15.  However, after the game ended, I was scored bogeys for holes 14 and 15.  It did credit me with the birdie on 13.  I do expect and would appreciate a refund of my 10 credit entry fee.

Thank you

jrods13

• Scooby981
    1 Posts
    Sun, Oct 13 2019 12:08 AM

I had the same issue happen to me today in the third round costing me two strokes.  Thank you to those that originally discover the bug and posted about it, thought I was crazy until searching the forums.  Would be nice to have this issue resolved.  Not sure I should even bother finishing up my remaking holes.

• el3n1
    4,494 Posts
    Sun, Oct 13 2019 6:46 AM

SimonTheBeetle:
    The 3rd round of Fall Showdown has begun and I missed the cut due to the bug.

This shouldn't happen.  I know my scoring was impacted but it didn't prevent me from making the cut.  Then again, I inadvertently played in a lower division, but seeing the cost associated with the higher division -- 1000 credits I probably would have passed altogether. 

I am not sure how many mobile players have credit bankrolls built up... but given there is only 1 - 1000 credit Ready Go and 1 non UEL Ready Go at 500 credits... this seems like an awfully steep entry fee for these events, especially when you consider only the top 10 players get a return on credits as compared to something like 60% of the field in a Ready Go - where the top 10 get at least double their entry fee.

I also tested out playing the mobile coin games on the early access version and found despite some of the hangups and delays and graphic issues.... the game doesn't force quit or shut down on me as it has on the mobile platform which prevents me from returning to the game in time to finish a match - however -early access version does not allow you to play in the fall showdown... otherwise I would have considered this due to the volatility I have experienced on the mobile platform.

Hope they sort this out for you!

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,503 Posts
    Sun, Oct 13 2019 1:58 PM

HappyHoleHunter:
    Been over a day now since my last post. No response from any WGT representatives. Now I’m in 13th. Simon is actually out the qualifying top 50 now! I have emailed Help/Feedback which we all know is a waste of time. I don’t care if I qualify or not. Not the point. I hit a -21, I should be on -21. No response and you guarantee there will be no fix!

Unfortunately it looks like the bug is still affecting lots of players even in the final round. If I were the Big Brother, I would've cancelled the event, refunded the entry fees to all participants, published an official notice explaining what had happened with a little apology, fixed the bug and hosted a new event (with bigger prizes).

This is just so shameful. What can I say...

el3n1:
    Hope they sort this out for you!

Thanks, man.

It is weird because normally Champ promptly intervenes in a situation like this but no response or reaction from the company side is... unprecedented AFAIK.

• Ranger0200
    1,748 Posts
    Mon, Oct 14 2019 5:57 AM

Okay - correct me if I am wrong. People on this post have mentioned $10, 1000 credits, wanting entry refunds. When I entered it was “coins” not credits that I was charged per every three hole round. Coins are basically free and have almost zero value with the minor exception of using them as the fee to do the actual apparel upgrade once the number of apparel cards have been obtained to meet that level.

I was not charged actual “credits” that do have a very direct cost in this game.  I know for sure I would not have entered and paid 1500 credits total to play 15 sets of three hole rounds (between the qualifier, elimination, and final rounds)  to win 400 credits and some mid level balls and apparel packs. That doesn’t make sense. 

Are people asking to get coins refunded? If so, they can have mine. I have millions. LOL

RSS