Forums

Help › Forums

WGT Early Access for PC

Sun, Nov 5 2023 12:56 PM (1,507 replies)
  • Ladychipper
    22,689 Posts
    Fri, Feb 21 2020 3:27 PM

I noticed that it is not possible to see which course and what degree of wind you will be playing in the "Clash".  Will this be fixed? 

If this has already been asked then I apologize in advance.

• BigJack9980
    28 Posts
    Sat, Feb 22 2020 6:51 AM

Does anyone in here know anything about why me and about 5 other boats can not invite mobile.players to a 4 man game? WGt ignoring all of us as is Champ and everyone in forums.. Quite frustrated at this point. I host on my laptop have the most current launcher. I load it up but when I get to inviting players I get a cross platform error. Mobile played never gets the invite.

I can invite Pc players just fine and play.

• SamSpayed
    4,901 Posts
    Sat, Feb 22 2020 6:58 AM

JoshuaBradbury:

Hi, sounds great. Will it be linux friendly at all?

From what I've read here, WGT has no plans to release a version that will install and run on Linux.  Having said that, I believe some folks have been able to get the WGT Windows application to run on Linux using Wine.

• BigJack9980
    28 Posts
    Sat, Feb 22 2020 8:58 AM

Why will my pc not host mobile players it did before the update on Feb13th now it will not. I can setup a game full of Pc players but no one in a mobile platform. I get a cross platform error message. Any one else getting this? I can not get anyone at WGT to answer my questions?

• WGTChampion
    1,891 Posts
    Sat, Feb 22 2020 9:00 AM

BigJack9980:

Does anyone in here know anything about why me and about 5 other boats can not invite mobile.players to a 4 man game? WGt ignoring all of us as is Champ and everyone in forums.. Quite frustrated at this point. I host on my laptop have the most current launcher. I load it up but when I get to inviting players I get a cross platform error. Mobile played never gets the invite.

I can invite Pc players just fine and play.

Mobile doesn't have those game modes. Possibly those modes make it to mobile in the future. 

_CHAMPION 

• BigJack9980
    28 Posts
    Sat, Feb 22 2020 9:05 AM

Champ I am.hosting the game using the new launcher on my Windows 10 laptop. A week ago I could invite a mobile.user to a game. We did for weeks. Played 4 Some with a host on Windows and 3 others via mobile. Now it doesn't work. I can see the mobile players but won't allow me to invite them.

• HalHoff
    817 Posts
    Sat, Feb 22 2020 11:09 AM

Maybe WGT didn’t realize that PC could invite mobile players from Early Access before last weeks update took that benefit away...

I know of several clubs that were using this feature while it lasted where one member would start on PCEA and invite 3 mobile players to play matches. Great feature as long as you had at least one PCEA player to initiate the game.  It worked from PC and Mac before 2/13

• BigJack9980
    28 Posts
    Sat, Feb 22 2020 12:46 PM

Lol u got that right Hal.... Then don't have the decency to just tell you sorry that was a surprise to use, it wasn't stable so we had to take it back. Sorry but we do not have actual humans working in tech support.

• thestevster
    546 Posts
    Sun, Feb 23 2020 10:03 AM

tried the mobile game after after a few months..

screens still not as sharp as the flash version, might look ok on a mobile but on a pc crap..

the avatar is the only thing that looks the part.

for a hd version it looks sd on a pc..

sorry WGT but to me it don't look pleasing to the eye on a pc as the flash one..

steve

• Wutpa
    4,803 Posts
    Sun, Feb 23 2020 11:10 AM

thestevster:

screens still not as sharp as the flash version, might look ok on a mobile but on a pc crap..

the avatar is the only thing that looks the part.

Interesting. That's pretty much the reverse of my experience.

RSS