Forums

Help › Forums

WGT Early Access for PC

Sun, Nov 5 2023 12:56 PM (1,507 replies)
  • JoshuaBradbury
    2 Posts
    Mon, Feb 17 2020 6:06 AM

Hi, sounds great. Will it be linux friendly at all?

• ScottHope
    10,005 Posts
    Mon, Feb 17 2020 7:48 AM

Pego1986:

this sound impossible. what if I using win XP ? how they can remove it form my OS ?

you made my day !

The bit of information that is missing from what you have read Pego, is that Microsoft have implied  that they will be removing the ability to run flash from their supported operating systems by the end of 2020.

Having just looked it up, support for Windows XP ended in 2014. ; )

• dedBuNNy
    1,919 Posts
    Mon, Feb 17 2020 8:57 AM

ScottHope:

Pego1986:

this sound impossible. what if I using win XP ? how they can remove it form my OS ?

you made my day !

The bit of information that is missing from what you have read Pego, is that Microsoft have implied  that they will be removing the ability to run flash from their supported operating systems by the end of 2020.

It's not the OS, it's the support for running the Flash player within the browsers. You'll still be able to work with Flash or Animate, they're not effected. 

Don't forget Flash is still used for other development besides web based delivery content. Even with Animate, which is just Flash retooled a bit, it's still used a lot. It's not Flash the development platform which is the issue - it is the player which causes the issues. 

• garyk49
    2,311 Posts
    Mon, Feb 17 2020 9:04 AM
    That would only be windows 10 and also the inability of both Edge and IE 10/11 to run flash. If I remember reading correctly.
  • Yiannis1970
    3,261 Posts
    Mon, Feb 17 2020 9:14 AM
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4520411/adobe-flash-end-of-support No problem for those with MS updates disactivated. Obviously not Win 10 users.
  • pmm711
    5,504 Posts
    Mon, Feb 17 2020 2:20 PM

dedBuNNy:

ScottHope:

Pego1986:

you made my day !

It's not the OS, it's the support for running the Flash player within the browsers. You'll still be able to work with Flash or Animate, they're not effected. 

Don't forget Flash is still used for other development besides web based delivery content. Even with Animate, which is just Flash retooled a bit, it's still used a lot. It's not Flash the development platform which is the issue - it is the player which causes the issues. 

Let's face it folks...we all love Scott and if he goes before his time we'll all go into a mad panic before we begin to mourn. :-)  Love ya Scott! :-)

BUT...The Bunny knows his chit and you should also listen to him too.  The Bunny knows I love him like a brother.  I'm still trying to figure out why he left our CC.  LMFAO

• ScottHope
    10,005 Posts
    Mon, Feb 17 2020 3:15 PM

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Mon, Feb 17 2020 3:28 PM

:-)) 

Even if you did get some little thing wrong, and I have trouble to believing that, talk of your death seemed a bit unnecessary ;-)

• ScottHope
    10,005 Posts
    Mon, Feb 17 2020 3:32 PM

It's all taken in good spirit DP.  ; )

• pmm711
    5,504 Posts
    Mon, Feb 17 2020 3:48 PM

ScottHope:

It's all taken in good spirit DP.  ; )

Me thinks Dodgy, who knows me, would understand my f-ing humor by now.  Sheesh!

Scott,

I think you took it the correct way and sort of understand the nature of this beast.  It's good...as always. 

Hey, my daughter just held a ladder for me while I was climbing up on my roof.  It's a bit steep, so at one point I slid down about 6-8 feet and the only thing that stopped me was my foot against the house stucco...or else I would have dropped a good 35ft to the ground and who knows what would have transpired.  I was out of my daughter's sight, and she said to me, "Did I hear your shoes slipping up there?  Sounded like you were about to come over and down".  I said, "Yepper....down AND OUT".  Yes, concrete below.  I'm too old for this chit.

So death, we're ALL working our way there.  NEVER KNOW...

Cheers!

Paul

RSS