Forums

Help › Forums

WGT Early Access for PC

Sun, Nov 5 2023 12:56 PM (1,507 replies)
  • gladsome
    446 Posts
    Sat, Nov 7 2020 2:36 AM

Language ...

Can anyone tell me how to set the Early Access so that it always runs in English?

In my case the EA starts in English, but then automatically switches to German - yes, Windoff runs in "German". Which I have to change again in the settings.

Is there a ".ini" file somewhere or something where you can screw?
    cu

e.g. in "Luncher.exe.config"

• 18randy18
    499 Posts
    Sat, Nov 7 2020 6:34 AM

noname129:

I find it almost impossible to really putt well in this new format.  The graphics are terrible.  Having the large information block attached to the pointer obstructs the putting alignment view to the point of making proper alignment impossible.  Additionally, having the grid disappear in front of the player when aligning a putt in reverse view  totally conflicts with putt alignment.  The old format putting alignment system needs to be included in this new format.  It is far superior to this new format.  As it is now, I don't think I will be playing WGT golf much longer.  This putting format and graphics totally ruins this game.

It is,  go to settings / putting /  switch it to "classic"

• SamSpayed
    4,903 Posts
    Sat, Nov 7 2020 1:32 PM

gladsome:

Language ...

Can anyone tell me how to set the Early Access so that it always runs in English?

In my case the EA starts in English, but then automatically switches to German - yes, Windoff runs in "German". Which I have to change again in the settings.

cu

If changing the Language in your Settings to ENGLISH doesn't work, you could try using Regedit to change the registry entry:

1. Open Regedit (aka Registry Editor)
    2. Navigate to Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\WGT\WGT Golf
    3. Look for a key in that branch called "language.savedLanguageCode" (or similar)
    4. Change the value of that key to 65 6e 00 ("en.")

That may work.  DISCLAIMER:  I DO NOT RECOMMEND YOU MESS WITH THE WINDOWS REGISTRY UNLESS YOU'RE CONFIDENT YOU KNOW WHAT YOU'RE DOING.

Hope this helps.

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Sat, Nov 7 2020 2:19 PM

SamSpayed:

gladsome:

Language ...

cu

If changing the Language in your Settings to ENGLISH doesn't work, you could try using Regedit to change the registry entry:

1. Open Regedit (aka Registry Editor)
    2. Navigate to Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\WGT\WGT Golf
    3. Look for a key in that branch called "language.savedLanguageCode" (or similar)

That may work.  DISCLAIMER:  I DO NOT RECOMMEND YOU MESS WITH THE WINDOWS REGISTRY UNLESS YOU'RE CONFIDENT YOU KNOW WHAT YOU'RE DOING.

Hope this helps.

I just looked it up and found Language saved, but a bunch of binary numbers

Ok, I right clicked and hit Modify. This is what I got

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Sat, Nov 7 2020 2:25 PM

DonCaron:

Ok, I right clicked and hit Modify. This is what I got

So if you modify it, this is what it should look like

• civman
    708 Posts
    Sat, Nov 7 2020 7:43 PM

Apparent fixes that still need to be made in the new version of the game:

1. Stats in multi-player game only reflect 1 player.  You can not see each persons individual stats at the end of the game.
    2. In the coin room games, the mid screen banner that appears when its your turn to play, obscures the playing area, taking valuable time off an already short 45 second clock.
    3. On Kiawah GC, many holes do not have any reverse view cameras.  The greens are not true to the dot representations.  Many putts break opposite of the dots movement. This is probably true on many courses!
    4. The golf ball on the lower right of the screen does not allow spin adjustments ALL the time.  This has to be consistent on every shot, on every course.
    5. Some flags appear doubled on some flagsticks, one waves, the other is stagnant, on some courses.
    6. Can the "watching opponent" banner be moved to the lower part of the mid-screen, so it does not obscure the view of an opponents shot. If not, at least greyscale the text a bit.

Thanks for your attention,

Civman

(Tour Champion)

• gladsome
    446 Posts
    Sun, Nov 8 2020 12:22 AM

SamSpayed:

@SamSpaved thanks a lot for your tip,

but EA switches back to German during startup, although the registry still says English.

Well, "Windows" is a moody diva, so I only use it for photography and playing WGT

• Tigerpaw509
    1,285 Posts
    Sun, Nov 8 2020 6:37 AM

did you apply your choice and save in Wgt settings

• zdutch1
    27 Posts
    Sun, Nov 8 2020 7:12 AM

You might have 'messed' with things so much. Have you emailed WGT directly? Seems this is an isolated issue

• gladsome
    446 Posts
    Sun, Nov 8 2020 7:32 AM

Tigerpaw509:

did you apply your choice and save in Wgt settings

Yep - on every new start i change it in the settings ;)

We will see, maybe it will be fixed in the next updates.

Thanks to all

RSS