Forums

Help › Forums

WGT Early Access for PC

Sun, Nov 5 2023 12:56 PM (1,507 replies)
  • ScottHope
    10,013 Posts
    Fri, Oct 23 2020 1:10 PM

Cenzo91:
    Yes - the game automatically updates every time you open it, at least for me it does.  Not sure if it does for you.

It is possible to launch the game without using the launcher, in which case it does not update. I know it seems a silly thing to ask, but it's rather like starting to dismantle your car engine because it won't start when you haven't checked the fuel/gas. Asking the seemingly dumb questions first can save time in the long run as it negates backtracking.

Can you specify the particular hole/s at Kiawah that have the camera issue?

I can't fix it, but hopefully WGT are still monitoring this thread and will take note of what you say.

• ScottHope
    10,013 Posts
    Mon, Oct 26 2020 9:15 AM

Re: Replays.

Started recording my replays today.

With a little over two months to go before the flash game goes offline, and no official word from WGT about our saved replays, it's time to do something before it's too late.

Record them or potentially lose them for good.

• borntobesting
    9,605 Posts
    Mon, Oct 26 2020 10:09 AM

ScottHope:

With a little over two months to go before the flash game goes offline, and no official word from WGT about our saved replays, it's time to do something before it's too late.

How are you recording them? A walkthrough for us older people would be much appreciated. 

• ScottHope
    10,013 Posts
    Mon, Oct 26 2020 10:32 AM

Myself, I use Camtasia Version 8. Very expensive to purchase new today, but I had the opportunity many years ago to purchase a license for a good price. I can't afford to upgrade the version I have, but it works very nicely so I stick with it.

If you stream your games, then you will have the ability to record with that software. So instead of streaming a game, stream your replay, but instead of streaming it, record it. I have OBS Studio installed if I want to do any streaming, and you can record with that if you want to, and it is free.

Windows 10 also has a built in screen recorder for recording game clips. I don't use that but have a look in settings for Gaming. More info HERE.

• carlosdev
    2,528 Posts
    Mon, Oct 26 2020 10:41 AM

borntobesting:

ScottHope:

How are you recording them? A walkthrough for us older people would be much appreciated. 

Just go to Desktop n Press ALT + G n then a capture box pops up. Then open the replay video n press the record button or press (Windows + ALT + R). Voila. It will be directly saved to your PC.

Ty

• MarchieB
    1,524 Posts
    Mon, Oct 26 2020 10:48 AM

Recording REPLAYS:

Here's a link to a post Scott did a while back with a bit more info on the OBS program;

https://www.wgt.com/forums/t/636190.aspx?PageIndex=1

• ScottHope
    10,013 Posts
    Mon, Oct 26 2020 11:02 AM

Thanks Marchie. That post was for using the replay buffer which is better suited to recording a shot that you have played (a past event) in a live game in PCEA. As we have no ability to save a shot as yet in PCEA, you can use the replay buffer in OBS for recording a past event.

Or follow Carls advice above.

P.S. If you want to link to a particular post Marchie, click the 'Send to Friend' link on that post and copy the link in the 'start a conversation' window, then use that link in your message.

• SamSpayed
    4,874 Posts
    Tue, Oct 27 2020 3:48 PM

Has anybody here used OBS, or Xbox Game Bar (Windows + G) to record a replay during a WGT game on the PC app?  What's the performance hit for doing that?  Does it cause any meter skips, slow loading, etc.?

• ScottHope
    10,013 Posts
    Wed, Oct 28 2020 5:48 AM

Sam, running OBS on my system with the replay buffer on (recording in a loop like a dashcam) adds a load of about 10% to either my processor or my graphics card depending on which I have set to do the encoding.

The bit rate for recording/streaming I have currently set to 4,500kbs.

• steelman64
    8 Posts
    Wed, Oct 28 2020 1:19 PM

Please fix putting issues, the dots move so slow and the putting is waaaaaay off

RSS