Forums

Help › Forums

WGT Early Access for PC

Sun, Nov 5 2023 12:56 PM (1,507 replies)
  • PAULFINN52
    3,172 Posts
    Fri, Oct 30 2020 12:25 AM

wgt i have a couple of problems on the new version

1/ i cant find pay to enter strokeplay brackets unless i enter on flash which is going next month.

video 1 bracket

2/ every time i look to change my equipment i end up with a hybrid which the game gives me and again i have to go back to flash to alter the clubs,

video 2 hybrid

dont know if any others havinng probs like this

finny

• ScottHope
    10,096 Posts
    Fri, Oct 30 2020 2:14 AM

Hybrid solution (video).

EDIT : You're welcome Paul, thank you.

• Kenher01
    1,151 Posts
    Fri, Oct 30 2020 2:27 AM

PAULFINN52:

wgt i have a couple of problems on the new version

1/ i cant find pay to enter strokeplay brackets unless i enter on flash which is going next month.

video 1 bracket

2/ every time i look to change my equipment i end up with a hybrid which the game gives me and again i have to go back to flash to alter the clubs,

video 2 hybrid

dont know if any others havinng probs like this

finny

Hi Paul,

The reason there's so Brackets on NV is because once either Cabo or Whistler is in any of the rounds they don't show up on NV.

Easiest solution is to just enter your Brackets on https://www.wgt.com/home.aspx  (Home Page/Forum Site) cos as you rightly pointed out Gameclient (Flash) will be gone soon whereas the Home Page (WGT.com) will be sticking around.

Once you enter your Brackets on the "Home Page" then when you go to play on NV all you've entered will be under "My Tournaments" on NV don't get alarmed if you click on any of those Brackets on NV to see what the courses are for each round & you see a blank, it's just a "Glitch" as Whistler/Cabo are Tru Golf Courses & as so are not listed in reg Strokeplay as WGT Courses & as you said i wouldn't worry about it as when Flash goes we'll be losing Cabo & Whistler, i hope that changes :(  but as it stands we will be losing them at the same time as Flash

Ken

• MarchieB
    1,525 Posts
    Fri, Oct 30 2020 2:36 AM

- As Scott posted with a video explanation, you need to go into your options and change your Equipment to ADVANCED

- as far as the brackets, WGT made Cabo and Whistler FREE to play until the end of Flash. So because they are free WGT has been adding rounds of Cabo and Whistler to all the brackets. The problem with this is that Cabo and Whistler are not available on the PCEA so they do not show up.   
    If you want to play the brackets your best bet is to play them on Flash until it ends. Once it’s gone WGT will stop adding these two courses and they should reappear in PCEA as normal. 

• Kenher01
    1,151 Posts
    Fri, Oct 30 2020 4:02 AM

MarchieB:

- As Scott posted with a video explanation, you need to go into your options and change your Equipment to ADVANCED

- as far as the brackets, WGT made Cabo and Whistler FREE to play until the end of Flash. So because they are free WGT has been adding rounds of Cabo and Whistler to all the brackets. The problem with this is that Cabo and Whistler are not available on the PCEA so they do not show up.   
    If you want to play the brackets your best bet is to play them on Flash until it ends. Once it’s gone WGT will stop adding these two courses and they should reappear in PCEA as normal. 

Hi Marchie,

I play my daily Brackets on NV even if they contain Cabo or Whistler, no need to switch back to Flash to play them, they are there once you've entered the Bracket'

Ken

• PAULFINN52
    3,172 Posts
    Fri, Oct 30 2020 7:32 AM

cheers scott

got it and thx kevo i will do from now on

• Kenher01
    1,151 Posts
    Fri, Oct 30 2020 11:39 AM

PAULFINN52:

cheers scott

got it and thx kevo i will do from now on

Hi Paul,

One caveat with playing Brackets or RG's at Whistler, there's an on/off Glitch on #14, the game freezes sometimes, it use to be thought that it happened if you hit the rough at the end of the Fairway just short of the green but it happened me twice recently when hitting the Fairway.

Unfortunately there's nothing you can do to continue on NV, if you close & reopen if only gives you the choice to either Forfeit or Switch/Continue on Flash

Ken

• borntobesting
    9,625 Posts
    Sun, Nov 1 2020 10:17 AM

There is a glitch that has always been on mobile and is in the new desktop version as well. In CTTH rounds no matter how bad or good the shot is the game shows it as your new best shot on the scorecard. That is the score is a black number surrounded by the white background. 

• noname129
    392 Posts
    Fri, Nov 6 2020 8:03 AM

I find it almost impossible to really putt well in this new format.  The graphics are terrible.  Having the large information block attached to the pointer obstructs the putting alignment view to the point of making proper alignment impossible.  Additionally, having the grid disappear in front of the player when aligning a putt in reverse view  totally conflicts with putt alignment.  The old format putting alignment system needs to be included in this new format.  It is far superior to this new format.  As it is now, I don't think I will be playing WGT golf much longer.  This putting format and graphics totally ruins this game.

• noname129
    392 Posts
    Fri, Nov 6 2020 8:25 AM

I find it almost impossible to really putt well in this new format.  The graphics are terrible.  Having the large information block attached to the pointer obstructs the putting alignment view to the point of making proper alignment impossible.  Additionally, having the grid disappear in front of the player when aligning a putt in reverse view  totally conflicts with putt alignment.  The old format putting alignment system needs to be included in this new format.  It is far superior to this new format.  As it is now, I don't think I will be playing WGT golf much longer.  This putting format and graphics totally ruins this game.

RSS