Forums

Help › Forums

WGT is rigged!

Tue, Aug 8 2023 11:50 PM (67 replies)
  • K7JBQ
    1,468 Posts
    Fri, Jun 7 2019 7:09 PM
    +1 But no one ever wants to hear that. Much more fun to blame WGT.
  • DoctorLarry
    4,276 Posts
    Sat, Jun 8 2019 9:46 AM

seacrawler:

Funny they wouldn't post my reply to you Max.. I busting them and they know it now.. HOUSE PLAYERS!... 10 million players MY A** !

Some day you will find out what "moderation" means.

Maybe then you won't post three times in a row, minutes apart.

• borntobesting
    9,628 Posts
    Sat, Jun 8 2019 10:30 AM

1 There is no such thing as HOUSE PLAYERS! 

2 If you  hate it so much just LEAVE! No one is forcing you stay!

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Sat, Jun 8 2019 10:35 AM

seacrawler:
    Be different if it was real Money being played for I'm sure Max.

Mags is going to be dissappointed when he tries to spend that $5,000 ;-))

• DoctorLarry
    4,276 Posts
    Sat, Jun 8 2019 11:14 AM

DodgyPutter:

seacrawler:

Wait, what?

You mean I can't spend my $26?

LOL

• jimshaw39
    675 Posts
    Sat, Jun 8 2019 4:42 PM

DoctorLarry:

DodgyPutter:

seacrawler:

Wait, what?

You mean I can't spend my $26?

LOL

Two things I can't figure out. First, why do these guys think it's not OK for a company to make money, and why they think they're entitled to ''free stuff'. Secondly, if they are so unhappy, why do they stay around.

jim

• DoctorLarry
    4,276 Posts
    Sat, Jun 8 2019 8:16 PM

jimshaw39:
    and why they think they're entitled to ''free stuff'.

Lots of people think that way now.  Too bad.

Maybe they will figure it out one day!

• el3n1
    4,495 Posts
    Sun, Jun 9 2019 5:01 PM

jimshaw39:
    First, why do these guys think it's not OK for a company to make money, and why they think they're entitled to ''free stuff'.

to begin, I am not disputing or arguing with you... but simply sharing a copy and paste from a search on WGT... you can see at the bottom a copy and paste after doing a quick internet search the game is described as "the most realistic free online golf game

yet it is only true to a certain extent.  because WGT also appears to be "designed" to ensure people are promoted relatively quickly through such things as level progression and saturation.  As such, that "free gear" they are given quickly becomes more challenging or frustrating to play...

I am not trying to pass judgement one way or the other... but merely point out, it is also possible to see why some people who are drawn into the game to play for free can feel like you are playing the shell game (con game of bait and switch) where you think you get something but increasingly feel duped because the cost to play or play at an enjoyable level of proficiency is not so easily done with the "free version" and you will get forced into promotion even by only using the free gear.

Maybe more straight forward marketing would be, you can get started for free but if you wish to advance and play at competitive levels there are cost associated, but WGT does offer relatively easy options for most players to obtain "credits" to upgrade equipment.  

may not help or explain both of your questions specifically, but maybe share why people can feel misled to an extent.  

World Golf Tour - Free Online Golf Game - Play Famous Golf ...

https://www.wgt.com

World Golf Tour is the most realistic free online golf game, loved by more than 15 million players across the globe. It's the #1 top rated 3D online game, as seen on NBC Sports, Golf

• Robert1893
    7,676 Posts
    Sun, Jun 9 2019 8:22 PM

@el3n1 

While I understand what you're saying, I still struggle to understand why anyone would feel misled. With online games or mobile game apps being so prevalent these days and being part of our daily lives, virtually everyone has most likely had some experience with an online or mobile app. For example, candy crush has literally been downloaded over 2 billion times. 

By now, it should be commonplace for people to know that, if you don't have to purchase the game, there are going to be in-app purchases that the company is going to push on players or users.

Basically, there have been two approaches. There's the gaming system approach where you have to purchase the game/software (even there, I'm willing to bet that there are now in-app purchases). Or there's the free version in which the player will need to make purchases to improve. And I'm guessing there's probably now a third approach in which players simply pay a monthly subscription fee. 

But there's nothing new here. It's analogous to the razor-blade model (give the razor away for virtually free and make money on the blades) or the inkjet-printer model (sell printers at relatively low prices and make the money on the ink). 

If people really think they're going to get a high-quality product for free, then they're simply mistaken and aren't paying attention. They weren't misled. And if they do happen to get a high-quality product for free, then they're probably the product being sold. :-) 

With the wealth of experience and information that people have available to them, I cannot understand how anyone would feel misled. 

RSS