Forums

Help › Forums

Meter crap

rated by 0 users
Sun, Apr 7 2019 1:09 PM (53 replies)
  • NoNepotism
    24 Posts
    Tue, Apr 2 2019 9:05 AM

The three basic human emotions - greed, fear, and greed - drive all activities, WGT and its ownership included.

• el3n1
    4,495 Posts
    Tue, Apr 2 2019 9:06 AM

Some interesting thoughts Sunny... haven't tested those aspects... so I can't rule them out either... 

sunrisegolfnut:
    Now hurry up and get to TL.  So I can kick you butt its lonely up here bud.  

am sure you recognize a lot of the names there and it won't be long. I expect it fairly soon, especially if I get good vem…

the only thing I haven't done is specifically target forward tees or red tee tournaments to speed up my promotion because I wanted to learn and prepare myself for playing tough conditions off the back tees where the game tends to be the most challenging. 

After a good year of hard work, I think I have made the progress to be deserving of a promotion… so it is just a matter of clearing out those mediocre scores that built up over the course of 500 rounds requirement.  it just took me longer to learn the game, I wasn't one of those players who was mastering back tees and shooting sub - 60 scores as soon as I was promoted to legend... I never found the game that easy...  

• NoNepotism
    24 Posts
    Tue, Apr 2 2019 9:08 AM

YankeeJim:
    Witness what Rory McIlroy did to himself against Tiger on the 16th hole of their match. Off the green with a pitch from the rough for a GIR he flies the pin! When that happened my first thought was it was a hell of a deviation. LOL  It was hard to comprehend what he had just done, being a pro and all, and he wound up with a 7 on the hole. Game over.

Never underestimate the obedience of the PGA to provide Yipsy with a steady stream of barmaids and waitresses at every tournament and, especially, at an event located in Texas.

• EasyEdward
    13,496 Posts
    Tue, Apr 2 2019 9:38 AM

sunrisegolfnut:

I was playing alot with a fellow co-worker when I first started wgt. mtippett11  He had a tragic life experience that took him away from this game and the job.   I haven't seen him in quite some time.  He did leave me with some things that I am Not real sure change the game or make it play different but I am using them ideas.  

He told me whenever I am off my game and not hitting shots well to change my avatar that it gets tired.   I have heard from some that makes no difference.  But I think it does. 

For more information you could always READ THIS Abstract of a Paper written last year...

• Robert1893
    7,673 Posts
    Tue, Apr 2 2019 10:12 AM

EasyEdward:
    For more information you could always READ THIS Abstract of a Paper written last year...

At the very least, that gets the award for the longest "abstract" I've ever seen.

I think this word does not mean what you think it means. ðŸ˜‰ 

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Tue, Apr 2 2019 10:29 AM

EasyEdward:

:-)

I have problems with my putter, sometimes it seems it's half asleep, just watching the ding go by, then suddenly it's like it has had too much coffee and can't wait for the ding to be reached.

Robert it seems a reasonable summary (no idea why you suggest suggest he doesn't know what  an abstact is) of  a Five month study to me.  Anyway a good abstract is not in the length but in the quality i.e containing the required components: short intro, method, outcome and conclusion. It does that very well.

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Tue, Apr 2 2019 10:29 AM

oops

• Robert1893
    7,673 Posts
    Tue, Apr 2 2019 10:55 AM

DodgyPutter:
    Robert it seems a reasonable summary (no idea why you suggest suggest he doesn't know what  an abstact is) of  a Five month study to me.  Anyway a good abstract is not in the length but in the quality i.e containing the required components: short intro, method, outcome and conclusion. It does that very well

I say that because abstracts are never that long. See document (link below) titled "How To Write An Abstract":

https://users.ece.cmu.edu/~koopman/essays/abstract.html

What ed posted is more of a research proposal. Abstracts include brief statements regarding the following components of one's research:

• Motivation
    • Problem Statement
    • Approach
    • Results
    • Conclusions

As the author at the link I provided states (emphasis added):

Meet the word count limitation. If your abstract runs too long, either it will be rejected or someone will take a chainsaw to it to get it down to size. Your purposes will be better served by doing the difficult task of cutting yourself, rather than leaving it to someone else who might be more interested in meeting size restrictions than in representing your efforts in the best possible manner. An abstract word limit of 150 to 200 words is common. 

Regardless, I'll give someone 10 sleeves of their preferred ball if they can find an abstract of that length (i.e. ed's abstract) in a peer-reviewed (non predatory) journal. Find the article, post the link, and receive your sleeves. ðŸ˜€

By the way, initially, you understand I was just kidding with ed a bit, yes? 

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Tue, Apr 2 2019 11:25 AM

Robert1893:
    By the way, initially, you understand I was just kidding with ed a bit, yes? 

You sounded pompous, so no ;-)) 

Robert1893:
    I'll give someone 10 sleeves of their preferred ball if they can find an abstract of that length (i.e. ed's abstract) in a peer-reviewed (non predatory) journal.

What length is Ed's?  I wont waste time looking, you'd quibble and it would end up paying less than doing surveys :-)) 

• Robert1893
    7,673 Posts
    Tue, Apr 2 2019 11:33 AM

DodgyPutter:
    You sounded pompous, so no ;-)) 

Then you're reading into it.

First, I included a winkie face to indicate I'm kidding. Second, that quote is from the Princess Bride, which is one of the funniest movies of all time. And third, ed and I are friends. It was good-natured kidding between friends. 

By the way, according to Word, it's 802 words. :-)

I know you don't like me, but jeez...

RSS