• JFidanza
    1,676 Posts
    Tue, Mar 26 2019 6:30 PM

YankeeJim:

JFidanza:

+1

thanks for the info MBCARP99 'tour champion'

'nuff said

Haha, like you would know. Just how many high stakes RGs have you played in? Given you haven't posted a ranked round in over 4 years I'd say you're just being an obnoxious TM. LOL 

'deflection'

nice tactic.

too bad you didn't use the search function ------>

I've done research with dozens of players in these threads about METER tests and observations, and then the programming itself states how the graphic meter and the sweet spot is functioning.

My threads were mirroring other observations made previously by old pros of WGT.

If you can't believe the observations of a tour champion, then we can agree to disagree.

• HackWilson1930
    1,437 Posts
    Sun, Mar 31 2019 6:29 AM

Anecdotal evidence, especially on the internet, does not prove  or disprove anything.. Saying something over and over does not make it true. Since WGT does not give out any details about what is programmed into the game ( or what is not programmed), we are left with a rather rank miasma that clouds the game with conspiracy theories.

We all make choices. How or even  whether we play this game is a choice. I just know, that like life, there will be issues related to game play. Perhaps it's my wife asking me a question just as I putt. Maybe it is a hiccup with my Spectrum cable connection. My mouse battery might be failing. WGT could have me in their sights as today's VEM victim. Or that they just don't like me.

I choose to endure, however. It's a game, play on!

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sun, Mar 31 2019 12:05 PM

JFidanza:

'deflection'

nice tactic.

No deflection at all, the game doesn't influence the meter, plain and simple. 

JFidanza:
    If you can't believe the observations of a tour champion

I believe what I see with my own 2 eyes and playing the game. There just isn't any meter issue for me, RGs notwithstanding.

• andwhy67
    2,816 Posts
    Sun, Mar 31 2019 8:46 PM

CFoley6:
    Be fair, were payin for this

Wrong subform!!.......

Oh and I'm not paying for this like many on here, watch videos, way cheaper that using your own/real money!

• JFidanza
    1,676 Posts
    Mon, Apr 1 2019 10:57 AM

The meter programming and all the rest of it is completely explained and available to the public, as legally it has to be. If you choose to ignore it, that's fine but it is you who keep asking questions and it isn't really our job to teach you to read. 

Just to be sure I had a lawyer explain the Automatically adapting virtual equipment model programming as the explanation is vast and it goes into great detail. The proof that you ask, 'Why is it happening only to you and not me' shows that you haven't understood the words written in plain sight. 

WGT isn't hiding anything or in a conspiracy to anyone, as explained in detail and even reinforced in many threads already.  -------------search --------->

But those who can't understand English or are too busy to read will always scratch their heads or offer generic explanations to make themselves feel better!

The logic of  'it doesn't happen to me' is laughable on its face.

• DoctorLarry
    4,276 Posts
    Mon, Apr 1 2019 12:16 PM

Actually, the patent information does not give any specifics as to how the program works in detail.  The patents are general enough to not divulge any trade secrets but specific enough to protect the product.

Yes, I read the ones referencing the VEM.  WGT may be able to do a number of things within the game, but that does not mean they do them.  

• robgt90
    21 Posts
    Mon, Apr 1 2019 2:05 PM

You can say what you will about the game, negative or positive, I've been on here long enough to know that, if you drop a lot of coin, more favorable results will your way fall. I've been shafted enough for so long, that to this point, it's just laughable. I used to enjoy the game with friends I've met and made along the way, now, I'm a robot, going through the motions.

• el3n1
    4,495 Posts
    Mon, Apr 1 2019 2:48 PM

I am going to avoid most of what I observed above... I saw the topic "meter crap" and since I had a recent "meter issue" thought I would take a look...

I have no doubt some meter issues are flash related, computer related, cache related, but I also don't ignore that the meter issue can also at times be potentially manipulated by the game as part of VEM or as something WGT implements to "test" or "assess" whether a person is potentially using cheat software or "ding meter" or something.  

Since it could be something in the game designed to hinder those using cheat software or help WGT potentially identify players using cheat meters, I try to accept it as part of the game.  Even though, it hurts my score at times and adversely effects me... I hope it is helping in the long run by weeding out those trying to cheat.

However, when I do get a good round going and am shooting a good score... and all of a sudden out of the blue the meter suddenly jumps in a particular RG I am playing or WGT big event  -- on a particularly important hole with water or OOB in play...  is it really that absurd to consider something in the game design could be at play... it is almost far too coincidental...  it seems far more statistically improbable that at that exact moment my computer cache or internet all of a sudden has a glitch...  and more likely the game is "testing you" by tweaking the meter in some way fast or slow. 

With that said, I also have those rounds where it feels like no matter what I do the game seems to be helping me - even on miss dings (although these seem far fewer than the rounds where it hurts me)...

does it still frustrate me on those rounds I may place particular value or importance in... absolutely... but then maybe the same thing happens to others as well and from what I have read... I am not alone.... many if not everyone experience's those intermittent meter issues, especially if they are participating in events where credits are on the line...

My observations are mostly on desktop play where I tend to be more consistent... on mobile.. my timing on a small screen is always far more sketchy so I don't feel I can speak as directly to the mobile experience.   However, I have speculated those playing on larger screen tablets or the mobile emulator on desktop are likely some of the better mobile players because they are able to time the meter better.   It would be interesting to know if a mobile player on a phone consistently played very well and dinged consistently.  If so, my hats is off to you!  

• sunrisegolfnut
    106 Posts
    Mon, Apr 1 2019 5:06 PM

Hi Ed,  I loved the post above it makes a lot of sense.  I am not great at the game like others but I am getting better and learning more each day and each month I try my best and that's good enough for me. 

I was playing alot with a fellow co-worker when I first started wgt. mtippett11  He had a tragic life experience that took him away from this game and the job.   I haven't seen him in quite some time.  He did leave me with some things that I am Not real sure change the game or make it play different but I am using them ideas.  

He told me whenever I am off my game and not hitting shots well to change my avatar that it gets tired.   I have heard from some that makes no difference.  But I think it does. 

He also mentioned The meter gets crazy during the middle of games.  He said that he discovered that the noises the game makes while your playing.  I think they effect your shots sometimes.  

The birds chirping and the others sounds of the game. Its my thinking the meter is shuddering when these noises are happening.    

I turn mine all the way down so those sounds cannot be heard.

Today i did a small test of this.  I turned the noise funchions all the way up and began a game.  The first tee I heard birds and sounds array.  When I tried to start my meter is was shuddering.   The next shot I turned it all back down and the meter was good again. 

I try to picture myself on the real course even though I know this game is not compared to real golf.   I tell myself I need quiet to be able to play and concentrate.  Silence or I kill you..Lol 

I do think this is a thing wgt put into the game.  If your out on the real course and attempt to hit a shot with a bunch of surrounding noise I would think the shot would be effected. 

Maybe wgt did it this way maybe they didnt.  I concur to hit my shots in complete silence. Because the noises seem like they effect the meter sometimes.    Now hurry up and get to TL.  So I can kick you butt its lonely up here bud.   Talk Soon,  Sunny 

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Apr 2 2019 5:43 AM

sunrisegolfnut:
    I try to picture myself on the real course even though I know this game is not compared to real golf

On the contrary, imagining in your mind's eye actually standing on a course about to take that shot is what makes this work for me. It takes imagination. Every shot is a new challenge and if you can visualize yourself IRL playing, I think it helps expand the experience.

This doesn't work so good if one's not an actual golfer IRL but for those that do play, I'm sure they find themselves recognizing certain situations that are very lifelike. I can't even come close to playing IRL like I do here but I can watch a pro event on TV and swear the same thing happens to them that happens to me here.

Witness what Rory McIlroy did to himself against Tiger on the 16th hole of their match. Off the green with a pitch from the rough for a GIR he flies the pin! When that happened my first thought was it was a hell of a deviation. LOL  It was hard to comprehend what he had just done, being a pro and all, and he wound up with a 7 on the hole. Game over.

The point is, how many times has that happened to you here-a totally unexpected result? More than once, I suspect, but that's real now, isn't it?  ;-)

RSS