• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Mon, Jan 28 2019 1:57 PM

+1  Nice Answer

• tanneralis
    419 Posts
    Mon, Jan 28 2019 4:41 PM

both full backspin.....the 2 shots landed 10 yards difference on the full

approach shots to a flat green....no  humps or bumps....talking about carry distance

we were on teamspeak, I heard his ding sound and he heard mine 

So which one of you lot are from WGT lol

• tanneralis
    419 Posts
    Mon, Jan 28 2019 4:44 PM

el3n1:

tanneralis:
    Just a response from WGT would be good thanks.

I won't attempt to offer an explanation, but rather point out... if in fact you simply wanted just a response from WGT... why not simply send customer support a question and ask them directly...

The Forum tends to be a place to collaborate, connect with, brainstorm, obtain feedback from your peers, debate,  and even harass and belittle one another from time to time. LOL  hopefully some of those latter options are on the decline but they do occur.  

So, from my perspective at least, submitting a question in the open forum is like getting one of those laser pointers and flashing it around the room knowing full well the cat is going to chase it... if you don't want to tease the cat, then don't shine the light … by asking the question where so many will be compelled to respond.  LOL  ok  I should add dry humor and stating the obvious as well to the list.

regardless, hope you found an answer that pleases you at least for now... 

because I didn't want to be told to clear my cache again lol....and I want WGT to show some transparency for once

• K7JBQ
    1,468 Posts
    Mon, Jan 28 2019 5:58 PM
    Same ball, same club? As others have noted, none of us are from WGT. But since you posed the question in the forums, we answered. Last I heard, that's what the forums are for.
  • JFidanza
    1,676 Posts
    Mon, Jan 28 2019 10:08 PM

I wouldn't count on a response from WGT myself, but I have read it all before.

This is a common misunderstanding: that because you have the same clubs and balls etc. and hit the same shot, your outcome will be the same as anybody else's. Not always the case.

The Automatically adapting virtual equipment model  states in great detail that the Automatically adapting virtual equipment model figures out the 'skill level', lets call it a 'number' or 'value' or 'amount' and applies to an individual player:

quote the invention feature determining a user skill level for user interaction with virtual equipment"

So, now your determined skill level value is very likely different from many other players.

Because of this, your equipment responds in relation to a higher skill level or lower skill level: 

quote: ", the accuracy and precision of a given piece of virtual equipment can be automatically increased as a user's skill level increases. Similarly, the accuracy and precision of a given piece of virtual equipment can be automatically decreased as a user's skill level decreases. "

So, even w/ the same equipment and balls, conditions etc. your precision circle is different from other player's circle.

If I logged in under fmagnets account, and he logged into mine, and we played the usual game with the same equipment, the results of the shots will be significantly different. EVEN IF WE USE THE EXACT SAME CALCULATIONS AND AIMING TECHNIQUE.

I will bet on it, but forget it, because this is totally against the rules and TOS.

(again, as shown above, this is because his 'skill level number', or 'value' is different, it is higher than the one VEM has discerned & assigned to my avatar.)

• dchallenger
    545 Posts
    Mon, Jan 28 2019 10:43 PM

short answer:  Golf.

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Tue, Jan 29 2019 1:22 AM

tanneralis most of us are all owners and give you the best advice we can. We get complaints from within occasionally also.

WGT Champion, WGT Icon and WGT Shamwow are the mods that we see the most.

• TopShelf2010
    10,879 Posts
    Tue, Jan 29 2019 4:19 AM

• el3n1
    4,491 Posts
    Tue, Jan 29 2019 8:43 AM

#JFidanza - best response I read yet and along the lines of what I would have gone into had the OP actually asked the community rather than requesting an answer from WGT.  -- and this is quite frankly along the lines of a "transparent" answer that was provided in the forum by WGTChampion, albeit in a different thread that was taking place on VEM.  

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Tue, Jan 29 2019 10:48 AM

el3n1:
    and this is quite frankly along the lines of a "transparent" answer that was provided in the forum by WGTChampion, albeit in a different thread that was taking place on VEM.

You mean this? Half way down p23 for his full post

Okay so how does this translate to VEM? 

VEM is in place to help, not to hurt. If a player is playing poorly VEM will kick in and do slight corrections. It's not going to save a ball aimed at the water, but it may give a small forgiveness boost to help. On the other end it's not going to make a terrible putt magically go into the cup. 

Once the player begins to play a little better VEM will drop out and the player will be on their own again. 

Saying basically positive vem happens and negative doesn't.  (It all just sounded like forgiveness and general ramdomness to me but that's not really for here, or worth persuing generally)

Which one of the two shots had the positive vem? Did one shot go way short of/past the pin and the other go close, or one 5yds short and the other 5 yds past? Were they both badly aimed?

I'd at least think length of approach was impotant, if the ideal distance for the club(s) was 225yds one went 220yds and the other 230yds then 2.27% on the  precision circle seems understandable to me.  If there were 3wds involved it seems unusually precise,  if it was a 60yd approach then something is wrong.

Remember too these were two shots hit exactly as intended, dinged,  where then does extra (or less for that matter) forgiveness come into things?

RSS