Forums

Help › Forums

Massive difference in shot distances

rated by 0 users
Tue, Feb 12 2019 7:21 AM (29 replies)
  • tanneralis
    419 Posts
    Sat, Jan 26 2019 5:46 PM

How when 2 players with the same clubs and balls who both hit dings get a 10 yard variance in shot distance ?

Just a response from WGT would be good thanks.

Greg.

• K7JBQ
    1,468 Posts
    Sat, Jan 26 2019 6:00 PM

Not enough information.

If you're talking tee shots, it all depends on where the ball lands. Downslope, upslope, whatever.

On St. Andrew, the difference between two otherwise identical shots can be huge.

• jacktrade51
    10,890 Posts
    Sat, Jan 26 2019 6:48 PM

K7JBQ:

Not enough information.

If you're talking tee shots, it all depends on where the ball lands. Downslope, upslope, whatever.

+1

But also, same applies on greens.  In addition, (1) wind variable is just that.  If it said 13-15 mph winds, it could be 13 … could be 15.  (2) both players might have dinged, but small variations in power % and aiming spot can produce big variations on results.

Finally, with some players … they say they dinged but did they?  They might be blaming WGT for their bad shot or bad calculation before the shot.  Like the Post Office lost the mail … that never got sent.

• TheAceFactor
    2,147 Posts
    Sat, Jan 26 2019 7:02 PM
    tanneralis:
    How when 2 players with the same clubs and balls who both hit dings get a 10 yard variance in shot distance ?
    "Spin"
  • borntobesting
    9,623 Posts
    Sat, Jan 26 2019 7:04 PM

Another thing is judicious use of spin. Judicious use of B/S can get you more distance. A lot more carry and only a little less roll. Too much T/S gets you a lot less carry and only a little more roll. 

• geezuzhd
    12 Posts
    Sun, Jan 27 2019 12:41 PM

I hope you're talking about a no apparel matchup

• jacktrade51
    10,890 Posts
    Sun, Jan 27 2019 8:02 PM

borntobesting:
    Another thing is judicious use of spin.

Right.  I should have mentioned that above.  We don't know what spin the other player was using.

• Alex22x
    64 Posts
    Mon, Jan 28 2019 1:12 AM

because one hit the ding and the other no.. also I think spin applied does a bit of difference

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Mon, Jan 28 2019 9:27 AM

I found a difference in high spin balls also. Regardless if its off the tee or not with no spin.

I had to go to the TP5X balls for less spin on my shots, everything was coming up short

• el3n1
    4,494 Posts
    Mon, Jan 28 2019 12:17 PM

tanneralis:
    Just a response from WGT would be good thanks.

I won't attempt to offer an explanation, but rather point out... if in fact you simply wanted just a response from WGT... why not simply send customer support a question and ask them directly...

The Forum tends to be a place to collaborate, connect with, brainstorm, obtain feedback from your peers, debate,  and even harass and belittle one another from time to time. LOL  hopefully some of those latter options are on the decline but they do occur.  

So, from my perspective at least, submitting a question in the open forum is like getting one of those laser pointers and flashing it around the room knowing full well the cat is going to chase it... if you don't want to tease the cat, then don't shine the light … by asking the question where so many will be compelled to respond.  LOL  ok  I should add dry humor and stating the obvious as well to the list.

regardless, hope you found an answer that pleases you at least for now... 

RSS