Forums

Help › Forums

Best WGT Player of all Time!

Fri, Apr 12 2024 1:42 PM (1,957 replies)
  • jayzach
    380 Posts
    Sun, Mar 3 2019 10:17 AM

Henry,

I got your invite but did not accept your friend request. No disrespect, but I have a small group of friends on here that I play with and would like to keep it that way. I did however invite you to a match game in which you declined to play. I was so hoping to see how I stacked up against the best player on WGT.  Guess I will never know!

I was reading this forum, which is very amusing, and noticed the record you carry. Not to shabby! However, like I stated prior to this I am not to impressed with your record against Tour Legends and Champions.  With no matches against Tour Champions it is hard to say, or even call yourself the best on WGT.

Good luck, Jaysun

• jayzach
    380 Posts
    Sun, Mar 3 2019 10:40 AM

HenryKawa:
    Temporary fix by an amateur  - I hope my house doesn't burn down.

Best of luck!

• HenryKawa
    1,721 Posts
    Sun, Mar 3 2019 4:17 PM

jayzach:

Henry,

I got your invite but did not accept your friend request. No disrespect, but I have a small group of friends on here that I play with and would like to keep it that way. I did however invite you to a match game in which you declined to play. I was so hoping to see how I stacked up against the best player on WGT.  Guess I will never know!

I was reading this forum, which is very amusing, and noticed the record you carry. Not to shabby! However, like I stated prior to this I am not to impressed with your record against Tour Legends and Champions.  With no matches against Tour Champions it is hard to say, or even call yourself the best on WGT.

Good luck, Jaysun

Sorry Jay, I didn't notice the invite.  Its easier to match up if you are on my friends list, but that's okay, I will keep checking and hopefully we can meet up for a game.    Match Play, St. Andrew back 9, 30 second clock?

• fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Sun, Mar 3 2019 5:08 PM

HenryKawa:

forgot to mention.  I couldn't get the pilot flame to stay on, so fortunately I always keep a spare thermocouple (just in case).  Replaced the thermocouple and VWALLA!  LOL.

Sometimes you can just clean that heat sensor with steel wool as it gets dirty and the pilot light will stay lit....done it many times myself! In fact it almost always works and for years....

• HenryKawa
    1,721 Posts
    Sun, Mar 3 2019 9:01 PM

fatdan:

HenryKawa:

forgot to mention.  I couldn't get the pilot flame to stay on, so fortunately I always keep a spare thermocouple (just in case).  Replaced the thermocouple and VWALLA!  LOL.

Sometimes you can just clean that heat sensor with steel wool as it gets dirty and the pilot light will stay lit....done it many times myself! In fact it almost always works and for years....

That's good to know.   I will give it the steel wool treatment and keep it as a spare.  Thanks Dan.

• gonfission
    2,230 Posts
    Mon, Mar 4 2019 5:08 AM

Dan is referring to the "Flame sensor".

Very nice of him to impart that info to you. It is a key element for yearly cleaning.

GREAT on Dan for that... Looks like the tide has indeed changed. LMAO

Good on you Henry for diagnosing a plumbing problem in -28 degree weather, and being able to fix it. Whether you know it or not, that places you in the genius category. Genius is the ability to find a solution to any given problem, and follow it to fruition.

It's highly over rated... It's also a curse. Everyone around you is threatened by it...

Tell me what your plumber wants to charge you, for what type of replacement furnace, and I'll tell you how much he is overcharging you just for the furnace purchase.

Give me the BTU's and brand name. I deal with Canadian companies as well.

I replaced a gas fired hot water heater for a friend. The plumber wanted $2400.00 just to buy the heater. I have an account at the same place. I buy it for $1400.00.

Thus, the plumber makes $1000.00 just to wake up that morning. It's not enough to make $130.00 per hour as their due. They have continuing education, so, it's not outrageous to make that coin.

Now you know why plumbers make so much money. This is across the board...

I put a $14,000.00 furnace in my attorney's house. Big house. My plumber did NOT read the instructions, that said, CALL THIS 1-800 number before igniting it!

It went into LOCK OUT. I called the number. I received a guy in North Dakota, that diagnosed it over the phone. You need to keep a land line for these high efficiency furnaces now.

Upon calling him, and setting all the controls, it still went into LOCK OUT. It diagnosed itself, and found the CO2 level was to high in the exhaust. Ben did NOT put the exterior CO2 sensor 15 feet away from the exhaust. PAY ATTENTION TO THIS!!

I moved it. Called the tech back, and it fired up. It's been working flawlessly for 12 years now.

It is prudent to have a supply store person to come to your house Henry. They will size the furnace to the house. Plumbers tend to over size stuff for the money. A larger system will NOT save you money...

Let me know if I can help you.

I'll send my cell number to you in a PM

Nice to see you at the top of the ladder Henry. Dan is a pragmatic guy. Smart, I dare say an intellectual. I garnish this from his writings. He has no time for muck-a-lucks...

It seems to me he has accepted the real Henry, as well as others are starting to come around. If you can win Dan over, you've arrived into the upper echelon of the forums...

Hell, I haven't done that yet... LMMFBO

The compass has gone full circle my friend. Now, if you could throw in a good word for me, I sure would appreciate that...

Go on with your bad self brother..

Let me know if I can help Henry

Joe

• craigswan
    31,006 Posts
    Mon, Mar 4 2019 8:00 AM

This a DIY forum now .

I have a few problems myself .

"Our kitchen floor is damp. We have two children and would like a third so will you please send someone around to do something about it."

"I have had the landlord down on the floor six times, but still have no satisfaction."

"Also the tiles are missing from the roof of the outside toilet and I think it was bad wind the other night that blew them off."

• gonfission
    2,230 Posts
    Mon, Mar 4 2019 8:30 AM

craigswan:
    "I have had the landlord down on the floor six times, but still have no satisfaction."

Try a female landlord. Preferably 35 - 38. The prime M**F years

craigswan:
    "Also the tiles are missing from the roof of the outside toilet and I think it was bad wind the other night that blew them off."

Stop eating at Chipotle, death is immanent....

craigswan:
    I have a few problems myself .

See Rorschach test in other thread >>

• HenryKawa
    1,721 Posts
    Mon, Mar 4 2019 9:38 AM

gonfission:

Let me know if I can help Henry

Joe

Flame sensor... okay.  I thought Dan was referring to the thermocouple. 

Thanks for the info Joe.  I will definitely get back to you once I get a quote on the furnaces.   I need two in my house.  Do you think I should eliminate the chimney, which would mean getting a different water heater as well.  This water heater is only a year old and cost like 2K.

Joe, you are a genius (The Smartest WGT Member of all time).  LOL.

• BogeyOne
    1,967 Posts
    Mon, Mar 4 2019 11:01 AM

HenryKawa:

This water heater is only a year old and cost like 2K.

Must be electric. Some say they are designed to burn out like light bulbs. 

RSS