Forums

Help › Forums

2018 Andyson Memorial Bracket Eliminations

Sat, Oct 13 2018 7:24 AM (207 replies)
  • claremoreblue
    2,322 Posts
    Tue, Oct 9 2018 12:56 PM
    Thank you Thomas, you sir are a great player and definitely deserving to be in the finals. Dennis was all over us in this match and the greens definitely were blind to us while putting multiple times! Thomas had me two down after four and I begin to wonder if I was ever going to show up. After some really bad luck for him, we were even after nine. I dropped a crazy 16 footer on ten to get one up and was able to hang on. Thomas had another unlucky tee shot on 17 after I had dropped mine too six feet to finish the match 2 and 1. This tournament means a lot to me and I'm honored to have been a part of it. I am extremely grateful too all of you who worked tirelessly to put it on. End the end, it is all for Dennis, "Andyson" Was and still is a great part of this game. He is sorely missed and I'm sure watching down on us. I am lucky to be the Champion this year and look forward to next year if we can get it done. Until then, God bless all of you and a big thanks to everyone I have met and played. I look forward to another round with all of you. Thomas, you continue to be in my prayers brother! Keep fighting the fight my friend!! Tony, "ClaremoreBlue"
  • 1secretsanta
    80 Posts
    Tue, Oct 9 2018 5:01 PM

What a fitting finish ..

Some people / players / friends and new ,  Gathered together fore a game .

Not only to play to post a score .

But to remember  why  this stupid / silly /# $ & @ !  -  Game  brought us together.

Was more than that than any Christmas I say .

This gift we got was not from the pro shop .

It was from the Heart of this community .

We played this game fore a Friend !

1secretsanta 

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Tue, Oct 9 2018 5:26 PM

Congratulations to you Tony and to Thomas, but more importantly to all the players that commemorated Dennis again this year.

I am honoured to have played for a third year and WGT has never been the same, especially the forum. I used to look forward to the next installment of the Enquirer but also his insight into the depths of the mechanics of the game.

Andyson's contribution to the community was immense, and so again, thanks to everyone who made this happen again this year.

• Shedlite
    917 Posts
    Wed, Oct 10 2018 3:11 AM

Congratulations to the winner claremoreblue

I would like to thank everyone who helped me host this great community based tournament, hopefully I didn't disappoint and was a good time for all. And thank you to everyone who participated without you there would be no tournament

the 2018 Andyson Memorial is officially over thanks again to all participants and all those that helped me along the way

Bill(Shedlite)

• MainzMan
    9,586 Posts
    Wed, Oct 10 2018 4:29 AM

Coool, very well played Tony.  I knew you were something special when we played and I don't mean just a really nice guy.

It's good to be able to look back and know I was knocked out by the player who went on to win it  : )

Great job by everyone involved, it was a real pleasure to play in this and meet some new friends.

• overtheedge
    5,878 Posts
    Wed, Oct 10 2018 4:47 AM

alanti:

Congratulations to you Tony and to Thomas, but more importantly to all the players that commemorated Dennis again this year.

I am honored to have played for a third year and WGT has never been the same, especially the forum. I used to look forward to the next installment of the Enquirer but also his insight into the depths of the mechanics of the game.

Andyson's contribution to the community was immense, and so again, thanks to everyone who made this happen again this year.

Right on Alan.
    What a great finish to a great Memorial Tournament. As the OP mentioned, this tournament was played in honer of a "friend". 
    Dennnis, aka; andyson left his mark on this game and here in the community. I also miss his WGt Enquirer. That alone took a lot of work and dedication to this community. He also was one that knew the way this game operated. His stats were spot on. His knowledge of the equipment, the gb's, the meter, etc was hands down some of the most insightful knowledge you could find in the forums. This goes without saying how well he was liked and respected by most everyone in this community.
    This is why the andyson Memorial Tournament is and has been such a huge part of this community, because Dennis was such a HUGE PART of this community.
    Shedlite:

Congratulations to the winner claremoreblue

I would like to thank everyone who helped me host this great community based tournament, hopefully I didn't disappoint and was a good time for all. And thank you to everyone who participated without you there would be no tournament

the 2018 Andyson Memorial is officially over thanks again to all participants and all those that helped me along the way

Bill(Shedlite)

A HUGE SHOUT OUT TO Bill. THANK YOU BILL!
    Bill. You did a outstanding job organizing and running this event. It went off perfectly. If I'm not mistaken this tourney finished waaay ahead of schedule which proves the dedication and commitment to everyone who participated. 
    Lastly; CONGRATULATIONS TO Tony aka: claremoreblue. I know how much this means to you. You and I, as many, many others who participated in this tournament have been around for a looooong time and had the honor to be a part of Dennis's life. Had the opportunity to be a part of this game when Dennis was at his best.
    CONGRATULATIONS to you too Thomas. To go as far as you did in this tourney proves you are one of the best. There were some extremely skilled players in this tournament and you ended up in the finals.That has to be a GREAT feeling. GOOD FOR YOU.
    Thanks to all. What an enjoyable tournament. Until next year;

May the wind always be at your back and the sun upon your face. OTE

• WigerToods2010
    8,445 Posts
    Wed, Oct 10 2018 8:07 AM

Well done to every single member that took the time to pay their respects to Dennis/Andyson by participating in this.

Congratulations to Claremoreblue (Tony) on the win in the final match to be played in this year's wonderful tribute to the memory of one of wgt's finest. Well done to Thomas also for playing the event in the spirit intended.

Great job by all involved but a special mention must go to Shedlite (Bill) for stepping up at the outset, taking control, and ensuring the event was the success it has turned out to be - a truly fitting tribute.

To "Andyson"...

http://images.zaazu.com/img/Cheers--cheers-champagne-wine-smiley-emoticon-000272-large.gif

*Take it Jimmy (2-1) has trophy sorted, yeah? - if not original files are here.

• RoggRR
    584 Posts
    Wed, Oct 10 2018 4:53 PM

+1

Waiting for the 4th Memorial t.

See you next time.

• conveyorguy
    776 Posts
    Wed, Oct 10 2018 5:33 PM

Congrats Tony, Great job Thomas, Thank you Bill. Great job and a hearty "Well Done" to everyone who played, organized, won, lost, made 1 or more new friends in memory of Dennis. Cheers to all :)

• conveyorguy
    776 Posts
    Wed, Oct 10 2018 5:33 PM

Congrats Tony, Great job Thomas, Thank you Bill. Great job and a hearty "Well Done" to everyone who played, organized, won, lost, made 1 or more new friends in memory of Dennis. Cheers to all :)

RSS