Forums

Help › Forums

2018 Andyson Memorial Bracket Eliminations

Sat, Oct 13 2018 7:24 AM (207 replies)
  • kavvz
    2,195 Posts
    Thu, Sep 27 2018 5:55 PM
    27 Sep
    kavvz defeated wmkyle in a 9 hole match play game on CHAMBERS BAY.

Well another close game that went the full 9 with a great 35ish foot putt on 17 by Bill to extend it to the full 9 holes.
    Thx Bill for the couple of hitting it off the brush tips!
    Enjoyed the round and good game.
    brad
  • EagleEmiIy
    443 Posts
    Sun, Sep 30 2018 9:44 AM

Im not sure this  game will get done, I have tried with him but he is only available for limited amounts of time. I was davalaiable all week for all of the day, he was only available for a few hours at night his time which was like 4 in the morning mine. I was happy to play anytime between 7am - 10 pm but he couldn't make it. Will still try and catch him on but when he is he sends me a message asking to play in 10 mins time. If i dont see this for a hour its to late as he is gone again. 

Thanks Emily.

• Mlevin
    775 Posts
    Mon, Oct 1 2018 8:02 PM

Shedlite:

MLEVIN vs EagleEmiIy (just waiting for update)

Em and I have been trying to get our match played but the timezone difference has caused problems. I'm happy to let Em advance in order to keep the tourney moving. 

Best,

Marc

• Mlevin
    775 Posts
    Mon, Oct 1 2018 8:09 PM

EagleEmiIy:

Im not sure this  game will get done, I have tried with him but he is only available for limited amounts of time. I was davalaiable all week for all of the day, he was only available for a few hours at night his time which was like 4 in the morning mine. I was happy to play anytime between 7am - 10 pm but he couldn't make it. Will still try and catch him on but when he is he sends me a message asking to play in 10 mins time. If i dont see this for a hour its to late as he is gone again. 

Just saw this note, Em, and what you have said is just not true. I work during the week (EST) and you sign off before I get home. I suggested we play our match over the weekend. I've seen you red several times over the weekends and have sat around green and also sent you messages to see if you could play. I only heard back from you once after I waited for quite a bit but had logged off by the time you sent your message. All of that said, this tourney is in memory of a WGT legend and the show must go on. I'm bowing out. Good luck the rest of the way.

Cheers, Marc

• EagleEmiIy
    443 Posts
    Tue, Oct 2 2018 12:48 AM

it is true hun, im not having a go, just saying our times didnt match up. i was happy to arrange a time on the weekend but never got a time set it stone. Always the way in these events where us meets uk. Shame but happens. Im happy to go to the coin flip, we both deserve a chance to go through.

Em 

• Shedlite
    917 Posts
    Tue, Oct 2 2018 9:47 PM

Ok biggest worry was a match not getting played had a few early on was hoping not to have more. These things happen.

MLEVIN even tho you opted to bow out I still flipped a Coin (did 5 out of 9) first 4 flips Em was heads went 3-1 next 4 you were heads went 2-2. Tournament must go on EagleEmiIy gets the advance

• newcastleb
    1,813 Posts
    Fri, Oct 5 2018 6:07 AM

Being in the same time zone made it quite easy to get a day and time sorted, and EagleEmily and I had a bash 'round St.George's.

Quite tight throughout, but Emily's putting let her down a bit last couple of hole to enable me to get the 9th still 1 up, then I had the good fortune to throw one of those rare darts to the 9th pin (with a crosswind no less!!  Quite please with myself I must say   lols) so the score of 2 up doesn't do EE any justice, really.

Thanks for a fun match and lovely chat, another new WGT friend acquired.

05 Oct
    newcastleb defeated EagleEmiIy in a 9 hole match play game on ROYAL ST GEORGE'S.
    Thomas
  • EagleEmiIy
    443 Posts
    Fri, Oct 5 2018 2:05 PM

Thanks for the match Thomas,

Was a great game, you held some great putts at the start to stay in the game then took advantage as i started to miss some. Good luck in the final hun.

Em x

• Shedlite
    917 Posts
    Fri, Oct 5 2018 6:36 PM

First half of the finals is set Congratulations newcastleb(Thomas)

• claremoreblue
    2,322 Posts
    Fri, Oct 5 2018 6:50 PM

Brad and I played this evening. It was a tough game as he plays well. I managed to be 2 up and missed the fairway on 8, Naturally he birdied with a great approach shot! That put him one down with one to go. Again, somehow I managed to miss the fairway, luckily for me we halved with pars. Blue wins one up. 

05 Oct

claremoreblue defeated kavvz in a 9 hole match play game on ROYAL ST GEORGE'S.
RSS