Forums

Help › Forums

2018 Andyson Memorial Bracket Eliminations

Sat, Oct 13 2018 7:24 AM (207 replies)
  • MainzMan
    9,586 Posts
    Fri, Sep 21 2018 12:23 AM

WigerToods2010:

Took an ole friend along to the Home of Golf over the weekend...

Classic Scotsman I see Johnny.  You must have dug that ball out of some rough ages ago, haven't seen one of those for years :  ))

• glpark
    269 Posts
    Fri, Sep 21 2018 3:20 AM

Just a quick note to all who helped to make "The 2018 Andyson" such a great success. 

A big THANK YOU to Joe (gonfission) & mrcaddie for the fantastic ball marker and card.

An extra special THANK YOU to Bill (Shedlite) for the outstand job of making this tournament run so quick & smooth.

I am happy that I was able to be a part of it.

Thanks again to all!!

Greg (glpark)

• kavvz
    2,195 Posts
    Fri, Sep 21 2018 6:21 AM

In case anyone missed it, the quarter's info and matches are on page 1 -- 2nd post.  :) 

• newcastleb
    1,813 Posts
    Fri, Sep 21 2018 6:31 AM

On a course that's not exactly of favourite of either of us IDER75 and I got our match in.

The way shots were (not) behaving and putts were going in quite bizarre directions I am quite certain Dennis was having a right old giggle at our expense.

Got to the last 1up, was quite relieved to see a strong headwind so I knew Nicke wasn't apt to eagle,  figured a bird ought to see me home.  So the 1/2 in 4 at the last means I (just) finished the 'winner'.

Another close, fun match that could have so easily gone either way

21 Sep
    newcastleb defeated ider75 in a 9 hole match play game on CHAMBERS BAY
    Thomas

• conveyorguy
    776 Posts
    Fri, Sep 21 2018 8:38 AM

Congrats Thomas

• overtheedge
    5,878 Posts
    Fri, Sep 21 2018 10:29 AM

Winding down to the FINAL 4

Dennis would be soo freaking proud of ALL 3 tournaments. Just knowing that WGT doesn't have any involvement in organizing, running or promoting this tournament in anyway what-so-ever IS extremely pleasing to Dennis, I can guarantee that : > ))

WTG to our COMMUNITY MEMBERS. 

• claremoreblue
    2,322 Posts
    Sat, Sep 22 2018 12:28 PM

Chris, "Amature4sure" and I played our match today. It was an epic shootout that Dennis definitely had his hands on lol. Train horns and all kinds of odd things happening, not too mention it taking us into extra holes!

Chris had me one down after making bogey on two. A real nice three putt was in order from me. Finally got it back on 7 I think. We traded birdies and par's until it was past my nap time lol. 

We traded a few more birdies and on 13 I hit a nice 4 iron to 4 feet. He recieved an unlucky bounce off the berm on the green and rolled to around 20 feet or so. He missed his by a few inches and I was lucky enough to drop mine for the win. 

It was a complete honor to have played this gentleman. This tournament is and always will be the best on WGT in my opinion. It means alot to play in honor of Dennis and all the fun he made for us. He was a man of substance and also an awesome person. 

I look forward to moving on and enjoying the great players who are playing! I thank all of you for doing what you do! It matter's!! 

22 Sep
    claremoreblue defeated amateur4surein a 9 hole match play game on CHAMBERS BAY.
  • amateur4sure
    2,195 Posts
    Sat, Sep 22 2018 4:30 PM

Haha Sorry Tony I`m still laughing at some of Dennis`s (unspoken) shots (The Bugger):-)

Tony and I had an absolute blast and to be honest if we had played totally p!zzed it would have been the same outcome...

My new dodgy friend in Mr Blue hit so many beautiful shots that my putter started to get the hump aha..

Superb game which I really wanted to Twitch unfortunately my PC had other ideas and crashed OBS as soon as I tried to start it..........    

Tony my mate go forth and multiply .. Oh hang on that sounds like an insult... Had a quick think about it and bollox I don`t care lol You know me by now and the fun it is all about :-)

Cracking game, Fun but most of all company... Pfft Dennis and his shots, no comment lol

Top Man Tony, another mate found and another silent thank you to Dennis for that, I`ll get my own back next year you devious bugger..... Oh and you too Tony :-)

Keep er lit Gang..

Cracking job Bill bro..

• txzdave
    1,316 Posts
    Sun, Sep 23 2018 1:24 AM

Thank all of you for making and realizing genuine connections.

Make more...….It is what it should have and has been.

~D~

• WigerToods2010
    8,445 Posts
    Mon, Sep 24 2018 8:00 AM

kavvz:
    Andyson was helping me out not too long ago as well.  On page 5... :)

Superb. 👍

Hopefully - health dependent - I'll take the Andyson Marker off to sunnier climes in about 3 weeks time... share a sangria or 3 :)

RSS