Forums

Help › Forums

Ping G10 Master set bugs

Sat, Dec 5 2009 5:41 AM (33 replies)
  • tibbets
    1,043 Posts
    Fri, Oct 9 2009 1:45 PM

The deviation frequency is increasing.  These Ping G10 Msters are the most precise clubs available and yet I'm getting deviated like I was playing Precision 1 clubs.  Some parameter is out of whack, please have a look and fix it.

• molideha
    213 Posts
    Fri, Oct 9 2009 2:54 PM

agreed...i try hard to not complain since its just a game...but i am sure i am seeing minor misses AND DINGS both sail way off line, more than what i had been accustomed to, say compared to 2 weeks ago...i 1st started noticing something changed about 10 days ago...just a guess, i didn't mark my calendar!

gl

• eternalspirit
    255 Posts
    Sat, Oct 10 2009 4:22 AM

i too have been experiencing the same with the G10 ping masters. eg. Kiawah  #17 (bearing in mind i've played this hole loads), i had wind right to left 11mph so i aimed right naturally as i would but hit the ball 1 pixel left of the ding line. but the ball went so far left it pulled it about 20yrds left of the pin to my surprise. this isjust one of a few times recently the clubs have been playing up.

• jakestanfill7
    949 Posts
    Sat, Oct 10 2009 5:51 AM

I play these clubs as well and have been experiencing the same thing with increasing frequency in the last week or two.  I've not only had problems with very small mishits, but with pured shots also.  In the last week I have at least five "pure" shots that actually fought against a moderate wind 10-12 yards.  I used to encounter the same problems with the TM iron sets but haven't seen this problem with the G10 clubs until very recently.  I have grown weary of "submitting the bug" as it seemed a rather pointless waste of energy.  I probably sent 50 messages with the TM clubs but never saw any change.

That said, I still love the site but it does get frustrating when a great tourney round is sabotaged or a purchased GI-D ball is dumped in the water in a CTTP contest through no fault of my own.  Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

• molideha
    213 Posts
    Sat, Oct 10 2009 7:43 AM

i've gone long deviation and shorted forgiveness....an easy pairs trade.

EDIT: i just experienced the worst deviation since joining...playing with the raptures;

BPB (low wind) #1: dinged a 4i from 169 with a 2mph head wind and it went right immediately and stopped pin high 15' right

BPB#2: 139 yds up 30' 3mph head wind dinged a 7i that started right and stopped 5 yds right and 6 yds long.

BPB#3: 209 3mph wind right to left...aimed 12' right...dinged a knock down 3wd started way left and flew into the left bunker.

BPB#4: clicked red X in top right corner.

excluding driver and putts, 3 consecutive dings that never resembled the intended target line.

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Sat, Oct 10 2009 12:20 PM

WGTalex:
    We have not made any changes to any clubs in the past few weeks.

Perhaps you made a change to forgiveness across the board then and not specifically to any clubset?  The Tour Preferreds have been doing pretty much the same thing in the same period of time.  Something is definitely up.

• eternalspirit
    255 Posts
    Sun, Oct 11 2009 1:06 PM

BB #18  i tee off  and land on the fairway to lay up 96 yrds to the pin. 7mph wind right to left...

i select the Ping G10 54W MASTER club, i place my pin 3-4 yrds  to the right of pin full backspin to land dead, as near to the pin (when dinged).. low and behold i dinged it (sweet!) so i'm excited at this time to maybe get a Holed approached shot.. instead the ball is taken 10 yrds left of the pin!!!!  evedentely  missed the 10  yrd putt had to settle for par on what was a crucial point of the game.

i dread to think what would've happened if i had hit 1 pixel left of the "ding" line

• Tresclub
    934 Posts
    Sun, Oct 11 2009 9:45 PM

This happened a coouple of weeks ago, and I thought now is as good a time as any to bring it up:

This deviation, random, beast... SUCKS!

Kiawah #18.  Tee shot in middle of fairway (for a change).  Approach shot has a 10mph following wind, blowing at 12 o'clock.  Hit the snap.  Ball goes so far left, I'm over by a clubhouse I didn't even know was there.

BPB  #1.  Approach shot has a 10mph following wind, blowing at about 2 o'clock.  Hit the snap, ball flies over in the bunker on the left side of the green.

There are are many, many more just like these.

Warren

• molideha
    213 Posts
    Mon, Oct 12 2009 10:41 AM

well, i must say that in the 2 rounds i played this morning deviation and forgiveness seemed to be back to normal....i really think WGT experimented with dialing UP deviation and dialing  DOWN forgiveness last week.

or maybe the gremlin at the keyboard is just taking a brief nap.

• Tresclub
    934 Posts
    Mon, Oct 12 2009 9:08 PM

"... or maybe the gremlin at the keyboard is just taking a brief nap."

I would suspect the latter.

RSS