Forums

Help › Forums

Ping G10 Master set bugs

Sat, Dec 5 2009 5:41 AM (33 replies)
  • tibbets
    1,043 Posts
    Wed, Oct 7 2009 3:31 PM

For the last few weeks I've been experiencing problems very similar to what I reported here a few months back with the Rapture irons.  1 pixel mishits are resulting in shots that can go between 10-15 yards offline.  I realise that these clubs have less forgiveness that the Rapture clubs, but still this amount of deviation has to be a bug in the system.  The normal deviation factor for 1 pixel mishits with these clubs is approximately 3 yards.

I just tee'd off on #8 Bethpage, didn't move the aim point,  and a 1 pixel mishit to the right on a 3mph head wind resulted in a shot that was pin high, 11 yards to the right.  Please have a look and see if the same bug that plagued the Rapture clubs is at work here as well.  Thanks.

• rustynipples
    199 Posts
    Wed, Oct 7 2009 4:55 PM

I just bought those and assumed it was normal. Glad to know it isn't.

• molideha
    213 Posts
    Wed, Oct 7 2009 5:27 PM

well i play raptures and it still happens...not often, but does happen....when ever i have a good score working and i barely miss a ding on an important shot i mutter "don't beast me" in the delay between the click and the flight.

so if a fix is in order for the G10, please fix the raptures too.

• Futures
    79 Posts
    Wed, Oct 7 2009 6:36 PM

Today, deviations are very rampant in my rounds.  Shots are going way off line.  What gives, WGT? 

October 7th.

• mefitz
    372 Posts
    Wed, Oct 7 2009 7:10 PM

I found myself thinking the other day ( while I watched my dinged shot with 2mph tailwind, sail pin high, 5yds. to the right ) that BB#8 belongs on Bali Hai ctth. I`ve yet to find Any consistency on that hole and I think it would fit right in! lol

• WGTalex
    2,087 Posts
    Wed, Oct 7 2009 8:23 PM

We have not made any changes to any clubs in the past few weeks. However, do let us know if you continue to experience anything out of the ordinary. Thanks

• igiveup
    110 Posts
    Wed, Oct 7 2009 9:30 PM

How do you measure 1 pixel.... ???

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Wed, Oct 7 2009 11:11 PM

igiveup:

How do you measure 1 pixel.... ???

....with a very small measuring stick!

• igiveup
    110 Posts
    Thu, Oct 8 2009 2:56 AM

lol... snaike... at you need is a tent and you're a 3 ring circus....

1,644 Posts
    Thu, Oct 8 2009 4:21 AM

I too have seen this more often of late.  The most recent time in memory was in one of my Ryder Cup matches.  It was on BPB #3, with a 9mph wind helping a little from left to right.  I aimed the usual amount left, missed the perfect line by 1 pixel to the left and the shot sailed, against the wind I might add, off the green on the LEFT side!  Seemed a bit extreme at the time for such a minor miss. (Don't worry we halved the hole, and the match).

Lee

RSS