Forums

Help › Forums

How to contact us and what to do in case of errors or bugs

Thu, Mar 14 2024 9:58 PM (1,186 replies)
  • ct690911
    7,203 Posts
    Fri, Mar 25 2016 7:17 AM

andyson:

pdb1:

Good red tee players are just as good as long tee players . It's the short game that counts . 

" Drive for Show and Putt for Dough " . Red tee players can drive just as well as the others . It seems to me that they are just smart enough not to have to .  

Knock, knock!  Hello Mcfly? 

From the back tees its the long iron approaches that really count.  Hell, a L95 player has the top clubs and can drive many of the greens from red tees!  They don't learn to hit long iron, 3W approaches to the par 4s!

I see 'em in Alt Shot all the time.  Give 'em 180-220 to the pin and they can't sniff 10 or less yards to the pin!

Pfft! You make no sense.

The highlighted portion is spot on. Lot easier to throw darts at the pin with a wedge, than a 3 or 4 iron.

That said, I have never hit from the red tees (except when I was a hack/amateur,of course) and my game still isn't great. Putting has always been my problem, so Paul also has a point when he says the short game is the key.

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Fri, Mar 25 2016 11:47 AM

ct690911:
    Putting has always been my problem, so Paul also has a point when he says the short game is the key.

Putting is key no matter what tees you use! 

Recovery shots with wedges are key if you're missing fairways and greens (Fmagnets, for example, hits ~93% fwys & ~95% of greens on avg. now) so recovery shots are needed to get to TL/Champ tiers.  But once there, not very often in stroke play.

Approach shots with wedges (100yds and in) are indeed key from Red tees. (way back in the day I used to practice from red tees to improve my approach shots with wedges.)   But from the back tees on say Chambers Bay I might only have 2 or 3 wedge approaches in 18 holes.  Depending on winds of course.  There, long and mid iron approaches are key.

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Fri, Mar 25 2016 6:34 PM

pdb1:

Excuse me . I do believe that it is you that makes no sense . You are stereotyping a certain group that may exist . They may not . ..........

Even the so called " red tee " players are not exclusive to the red tees .

You missed the point. I'm speaking of "red tee" TLs and Champs that use the power of low scores from the red tees while saturated to get that final push in a short period of time. 

It will take me months, maybe years, to get my average down to 59.000.  I don't go sub-60 that often from the back tees or even sub-30, but when I do it usually because some tournament has mixed tees.  I can't compete against the true Champs with my game.  I'll get there when I can and won't force it by using the short tees.

pdb1:

andyson:
    back in the day I used to practice from red tees

Yes but they are not practice rounds . They do count .

Wrong!  Back then, 2010 & 2011, there were no ranked rounds from forward tees.  Only practice.  And today, you can still play a practice round from forward tees.

But this is the wrong thread to hold a discussion on red tees counting in averages.  Let's stop.

• maoriand1
    1,279 Posts
    Wed, May 4 2016 9:22 AM

hi guys and wgticon

at the moment my club is playing a clash game against "the peoples club"

the problem is that 2 of my guys (fabmatt and aug1) have played 2 superpasses and at the end of their game they don't result in the standing.. they haven't collect points-

their game result in their profile but not in the clash game.

these are the 2 screenshot on chambers f9

i don't understand why for every hole we don't get points. 

RSS