Forums

Help › Forums

How to contact us and what to do in case of errors or bugs

Thu, Mar 14 2024 9:58 PM (1,186 replies)
  • andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Thu, Mar 24 2016 6:42 PM

pdb1:
    There is no way they couldn't count .

Of course WGT could eliminate them from the calculation! Those tees are not the player's default tees.

pdb1:
    But likely play some red tee rounds . Not enough to effect their average .

Erm....when you are a saturated TL those low scores from red tees (27s, 28s, 29s) are always going to affect the average.  Every time. Because if their avg. was 59.000 or less then they'd already be a Champion.

Say the TL's saturated average is 60.000 (deference to alosso) that's for their best 200 rounds.They shoot a 28 on red tees.  That adds a 56 and might kick out a 64 from the 200 best scores.  The average drops to 59.960.  10 red tee rounds like that drops it to 59.600 (assuming 10 scores of 64 are replaced)  Almost half-way to Champ in just 10 red tee rounds.

Red tee scores are powerful when only 200 rounds are counted.

• micheldess
    819 Posts
    Thu, Mar 24 2016 7:16 PM

Imagine a player reaching champion statut (only from red tee)

When he reach champion, he score 200 times 27 on red tee (so easy to do) and after that he play 5000 rounds with 35 average on legend tee... what will be his average ?

All is said

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Thu, Mar 24 2016 8:27 PM

pdb1:

Good red tee players are just as good as long tee players . It's the short game that counts . 

" Drive for Show and Putt for Dough " . Red tee players can drive just as well as the others . It seems to me that they are just smart enough not to have to .  

Knock, knock!  Hello Mcfly? 

From the back tees its the long iron approaches that really count.  Hell, a L95 player has the top clubs and can drive many of the greens from red tees!  They don't learn to hit long iron, 3W approaches to the par 4s!

I see 'em in Alt Shot all the time.  Give 'em 180-220 to the pin and they can't sniff 10 or less yards to the pin!

Pfft! You make no sense.

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Thu, Mar 24 2016 8:44 PM

pdb1:
    Too bad you can't see that . All of you elite players . Think you are so much better than those that use the red tees . But you are not . Maybe just a hair better . You are however so much better than everyone else . 98 % . 

Grab ya best Red tee players....round'em up!

Me and Michel will put them to shame from the tips...

Hey Mich,

I'm in for 2k credits:0)

Your call Pdb...cmon now, gotta be a few in ya CC....me and Michel will spot you two holes off the bat...let's do 18....see if ya red tee warriors are that good...or do they need 3 holes spotted?

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Thu, Mar 24 2016 8:48 PM

pdb1:
    " Drive for Show and Putt for Dough " . Red tee players can drive just as well as the others . It seems to me that they are just smart enough not to have to .  

Not from the reds...

Driver...pitch

Driver...chip

Driver ....putt

Driver...punch

There's at least 4 birds...ADP...2 feet...but let's disregard the hole outs:)

• micheldess
    819 Posts
    Thu, Mar 24 2016 9:14 PM

I'm always ready for an alternate game, mike lol

pdb, they are good red tee players only playing from red tee to have between 48 and 52 average for exemple. If they like too have  that kind of average ok for me

But they are also very bad one playing only from red tee, to become tour legend or champion (without red tee they can't reach)  and  have less skills than master, tour master and legend players

Playing only from red tee, with low wind and the speed green of their choice with a driver reaching 300 yards left  on second shot on  some holes a wedge and even sometime a putt lol

From long tee, we can't reach some rare par 4 in two or we have to use 3 woods to reach  lol

It's another game

RSS