Forums

Help › Forums

WHY???

Fri, Aug 12 2022 4:46 PM (43 replies)
  • SoCalJim23
    420 Posts
    Sat, Dec 16 2017 1:11 PM

Yeah......that system works great.......NOT!

I just tried a couple of SURVEYS again.  Got 30 minutes into the first one and was told I don't qualify.

Spent 10 minutes on the second survey.......I obviously put up a response they weren't looking for so.....they kicked me out and awarded me a whole 5 credits.

I'm happy this system works for you......It has never worked for me.  I used to watch a ton of videos to earn free credits....but now, there are ZERO videos available.

Besides.....I've really gone as far as I'm going with this game.  Have been a Champion Tier play for over 2 years now.  So, I'm pretty much done.  

• overtheedge
    5,878 Posts
    Sat, Dec 16 2017 1:24 PM

alanti:
    Cheap entertainment

+ pastime. Can't beat it. 

• Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Sat, Dec 16 2017 1:34 PM

Have you tried downloading the app to your phone or tablet (if you have one)? You can watch videos on there and get 2 credits per view. You can easily watch them as you do other things.

• lonniescott711
    4,183 Posts
    Sat, Dec 16 2017 1:45 PM

SoCalJim23:

I just tried a couple of SURVEYS again.  Got 30 minutes into the first one and was told I don't qualify.

Spent 10 minutes on the second survey.......I obviously put up a response they weren't looking for so.....they kicked me out and awarded me a whole 5 credits.

I'm happy this system works for you......It has never worked for me.  I used to watch a ton of videos to earn free credits....but now, there are ZERO videos available.

Besides.....I've really gone as far as I'm going with this game.  Have been a Champion Tier play for over 2 years now.  So, I'm pretty much done.  

Your problem is that you get discouraged too easily . I dont qualify for every survey that I try . But I also dont give up either . I have days when I cant get a survey at all and thats ok . Then a day or 2 later I try and and get 2 - 3 in a row with no problems at all . Today I knocked out 2 back to back and made over 200 credits in 30 minutes .

Then there are also other offers that will give up 300 credits just for your email address . I do those too just for the credits . I use a dummy email account just for those offers . Off of those I can make 300 - 500 credits depending on the number of offers I want to complete . Bottom line you just have to put your time in and do the work .

Those Max balls I see you are using cost 850 credits a sleeve . For 900 credits I get 3 sleeves of L35+ Callys . I may have gone as far as I can go as a Champion but that doesnt mean the game is over . I can still play and have fun as well as enjoy the game .

Its not all about tiering up or winning . I still enjoy just hitting the ball in a practice round . I may not play as much as I used to and thats fine . As long as I an still get a sense of enjoyment out of the game I`ll keep playing .

• SoCalJim23
    420 Posts
    Sat, Dec 16 2017 2:13 PM

Well....I know you're right here.

Those MAX balls were a "gift"......which was nice.

But, playing with balls that cost 100 to 200 credits work just fine.

If I joined WGT a few months ago......and was more into it than I am now, I'd probably put in the time as you have suggested.  But, I'm sort of over all of this.  It's been fun.  Built up some decent stats.....won a ton of CC tournaments and had fun hitting some great shots.  But.....it's just time for me to move on to another hobby.

I'll still come back to WGT from time to time....because, it's still fun.  Think I just need an extended break from WGT.

Thanks for your input......I really appreciate it!

Jim

• lee22sharon
    1,419 Posts
    Sat, Dec 16 2017 3:39 PM

SoCalJim23:

Hello Lee;

With all due respect......your play & mine aren't really "apples to apples".

You've been playing WGT golf for 9 years......and you're averaging about (27) ranked rounds per month.

I've been playing WGT golf for about 3-1/2 years....and I've been averaging right at (88) ranked rounds per month.  So, for me, I've been buying MANY MORE balls per month than you have.

Which is all fine....every member does their own thing here on WGT.  

WGT, at least for me, just doesn't offer enough reasonable methods to earn FREE credits to keep up with the cost of balls.....of playing when I wish to play. 

So, I don't just play "once in awhile".....I've been very active in about 6 or 7 different Country Clubs.....playing many, many CC Tournaments.  In most of the high Level Country Clubs...you're pretty much expected to play every day & contribute your daily passes.  So, it's not difficult to go thru a lot of balls.

It just has now come down to a bit of "burn out"......and too much expense.

And......NOW, I'm asking myself........another "WHY".  Why do I ever come to the WGT Forum???  It seems like too many members love to get on this Forum....hide behind their computers and criticize people's Forum comments......as a few others have done on this thread I started.  But, I sincerely intend absolutely no disrespect to any member here on WGT.

Best Regards

SoCalJim

My orginal entry was not meant to be a comparison of our time at wgt,  I wanted to give you some insight as to why other players stay here.  

There was no intent of critizing you or what you stated, most of which I can agree with.  My nickle.

• thesupernova
    7,331 Posts
    Sun, Dec 17 2017 1:36 PM

SoCalJim23:

Stating the obvious ,WGT is a business.

You buy a sleeve for 50 cents ,yet you are incessant about getting them for free.

You do have the option of playing with "rocks" they are free.

Some entertainment has costs 

Some entertainment is free.

You obviously are not happy and you wish to spread your gloom 

October 26, 2017

Now I wish you no ill will BUT damn 

I'm not a fan of whiners

Happy Holidays

XoXO

Allie

• overtheedge
    5,878 Posts
    Sun, Dec 17 2017 2:09 PM

thesupernova:

October 26, 2017

Now I wish you no ill will BUT damn 

I'm not a fan of whiners

"Ya want some cheese with that WHINE" 

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sun, Dec 17 2017 2:44 PM

LOL. My point exactly, Allie.  

Merry Chrsitmas and Happy New Year to you, too.  ;-)

• JimbeauC
    5,835 Posts
    Sun, Dec 17 2017 3:19 PM

Robert1893:
    phone or tablet (if you have one)

If not, get an md emulator - Nox or Blue Stacks. Still takes some luck in living in an area that the advertisers like, either way. 

RSS