Forums

Help › Forums

WHY???

Fri, Aug 12 2022 4:46 PM (43 replies)
  • SoCalJim23
    420 Posts
    Fri, Dec 15 2017 12:38 PM

I am finally asking myself...................WHY am I still here on WGT?

I've noticed that WGT is showing ZERO videos to watch to earn FREE credits.  And, I almost always get disqualified from the Surveys.  Not doing any of the offers.

I've spent enough $$$ for one life time here on WGT.

I know......I'm definitely NOT the best "Champion Tier" player here on WGT....but, I just feel I have accomplished enough to finally let go of all of this.  Besides, I know of a Champion Tier player here on WGT who is at I believe Level 145 and has hit over 24,000 ranked rounds....and for whatever reason, he has still not been invited by WGT to be a "Tour Champion".....what a deal, huh.

For those of you who look for praise for your "accomplishments"..."great shots"....or getting to a "higher tier"......don't hold your breath.  You have to PLAY FOR YOURSELF.  Funny, if it were even possible for me to hit a "Hole-In-One" on 18 Holes of any WGT course.....I bet NOBODY would even comment or say anything to me.  

Another issue.  About using Credit Cards here on WGT.  You have to be VERY careful when you enter your Credit Card Information.  Because, WGT does everything they can to ensure the $50.00 amount is selected when you add your Credit Card info.  The 2nd time I did this.....to change to a different Credit Card...I was being careful to be sure the $5.00 amount was selected.....but, somehow, after I entered the NEW Credit Card information....sure enough, WGT immediately withdrew $50.00 from my account.  

IMO, I think WGT's staff sit around every day just trying to think up new methods to squeeze an extra few dollars out of ALL of the Millions of Members.  Think about it...with all those members...a few dollars here and there add up FAST.  

So, ALL of you just enjoy the game......it is FUN, but, you might seriously put yourselves on a "WGT budget"....keep track of how much you spend.  People here in the Forum who say they NEVER pay a dime to play......sorry, NOT buying that story.

I'm going to search for a NEW HOBBY.

ENJOY!

Jim

• lonniescott711
    4,180 Posts
    Fri, Dec 15 2017 1:07 PM
    I understand how you feel . I have begun to ask myself the same question , why am I still playing ? For some reason I still enjoy just hitting the ball . My play is now just a few practice holes everyday but nothing more . The money issue has never been a problem for me so I cant complain about that . Using credit cards to buy credits is absolutely a no no since interest is being applied why pay even more . Even though you may find it hard to believe its true . You can play the game and never spend a penny out of pocket . But as it has been explained its a process that you have to learn . The secret to surveys is that you have to figure out which lies to tell in order to qualify . If thats what it takes , then thats what you do . Me I just happen to be in the right graphics in order to qualify most of the time . Even though this is a business the integrity factor is not the model of the company . Instead of making a game of top quality in order to increase revenue . The norm is a short cut of questionable means that causes us to scratch our heads . I have a good stockpile of credits and other than balls , nothing to buy . I have the top clubs so what do I do ? Do I waste them on buying balls just to play practice rounds ? Or do I simply play with the rock until I decide to bail ? Im down to 2 sleeves so will figure out the answer by the end of next week . Looks like the glitch is back again
    SoCalJim23:

I've noticed that WGT is showing ZERO videos to watch to earn FREE credits.  And, I almost always get disqualified from the Surveys.  Not doing any of the offers.

I know......I'm definitely NOT the best "Champion Tier" player here on WGT....but, I just feel I have accomplished enough to finally let go of all of this.  Besides, I know of a Champion Tier player here on WGT who is at I believe Level 145 and has hit over 24,000 ranked rounds....and for whatever reason, he has still not been invited by WGT to be a "Tour Champion".....what a deal, huh.

For those of you who look for praise for your "accomplishments"..."great shots"....or getting to a "higher tier"......don't hold your breath.  You have to PLAY FOR YOURSELF.  Funny, if it were even possible for me to hit a "Hole-In-One" on 18 Holes of any WGT course.....I bet NOBODY would even comment or say anything to me.  

Another issue.  About using Credit Cards here on WGT.  You have to be VERY careful when you enter your Credit Card Information.  Because, WGT does everything they can to ensure the $50.00 amount is selected when you add your Credit Card info.  The 2nd time I did this.....to change to a different Credit Card...I was being careful to be sure the $5.00 amount was selected.....but, somehow, after I entered the NEW Credit Card information....sure enough, WGT immediately withdrew $50.00 from my account.  

IMO, I think WGT's staff sit around every day just trying to think up new methods to squeeze an extra few dollars out of ALL of the Millions of Members.  Think about it...with all those members...a few dollars here and there add up FAST.  

So, ALL of you just enjoy the game......it is FUN, but, you might seriously put yourselves on a "WGT budget"....keep track of how much you spend.  People here in the Forum who say they NEVER pay a dime to play......sorry, NOT buying that story.

ENJOY!

Jim

SoCalJim23:

ENJOY!

Jim

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Dec 15 2017 1:35 PM

Wow, how silly am I? All this time I thought I was having fun meeting people from all over the world and sharing a common interest in golf with them. All that time wasted enjoying the company of others AND playing golf? How dumb is that?

Shows what I know. I shoulda been a gamer crying about how screwed I'm getting and what a ripoff this place is. That sounds like  a lot more fun. 

• lonniescott711
    4,180 Posts
    Fri, Dec 15 2017 1:50 PM
    YankeeJim:

Wow, how silly am I? All this time I thought I was having fun meeting people from all over the world and sharing a common interest in golf with them. All that time wasted enjoying the company of others AND playing golf? How dumb is that?

Shows what I know. I shoulda been a gamer crying about how screwed I'm getting and what a ripoff this place is. That sounds like  a lot more fun. 

Oh stop being such a sour puss . Let him vent if he wants to vent and me too for that matter . Every once in a while its good to have a woe is me moment . We all get burned out at some point in time . Even though the friends are there and the fun as well . It still gets old sometimes . Thats just the way it is .
  • overtheedge
    5,878 Posts
    Fri, Dec 15 2017 2:28 PM

lonniescott711:
    YankeeJim:

Oh stop being such a sour puss . Let him vent if he wants to vent and me too for that matter . Every once in a while its good to have a woe is me moment . We all get burned out at some point in time . Even though the friends are there and the fun as well . It still gets old sometimes . Thats just the way it is .

Agree. Most all of us have hit that wall. It was fun while it lasted and we are the lucky ones. We have been part of this game for 8-9years. That is a long time to be playing an on-line video game.

The days of WGT admin. involvment are loooong gone.I feel that it is only a matter of time before this game goes totally moble. 

Either way, there is nothig wrong with venting especially when we have been around for a while. As usual, a post goes up and it seems like the same people have to stir the pot. It is nearly impossible to put up a post without the same OLD player /players putting a negitive spin on it and turning a players thoughts, opinions, views, etc, into a b*tching match.

• thesupernova
    7,330 Posts
    Fri, Dec 15 2017 2:43 PM

I'm with Jim on this one.

Hands down.

I'm sure he is  alluding  to the chronic complainer;

It's the  glass half full vs the half empty .

Now there is nothing wrong with  healthy positive criticism .

I sure wish my biggest problem in life was a virtual golf game that sent me into a pissed off  frenzy.

God do I wish 

It's the silly season,my favorite time of the year.

Be good to yourselves.

Merry Christmas

Some just whine for attention 

Ha Ha Ha

• Robert1893
    7,650 Posts
    Fri, Dec 15 2017 3:05 PM

If you want to talk about software glitches that are significant, let me tell you what's happening at my university right now.

For our learning management system (LMS), we use Blackboard (BB). When I logged on to BB today, all of my content (including assignment information, quizzes, and tests as well as supporting information) had been deleted. And students had through this upcoming weekend to complete them. Moreover, it's not just my course work spaces. It's university wide.

So, if a student wanted to submit his or her assignment today or take the last test of the semester, it's not there. None of the the content I created this semester is there. I just got an update from the university's BB support team. They'll be able to restore it, but they have no timeline.

Now that's a software glitch that's significant and has an impact. On the bright side, we now know where fired WGT technology people end up. :-)

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Dec 15 2017 4:13 PM

lonniescott711:
    Oh stop being such a sour puss

Nothing sour about telling it like it is. I enjoy the hell out of this game more today than I did when I first started. Whiners and criers don't belong.

@Robert-What a horror story! Oy with a vey!!

• alanti
    10,563 Posts
    Fri, Dec 15 2017 4:28 PM
    thesupernova:

I'm with Jim on this one.

Hands down.

+1

I play only for fun, and win loss or draw, I always have a good time playing.

WGT is a great game overall and played with good friends......what is the dollar value on that?

Cheap entertainment if you pay to play, cheaper (but more painful) if you don't.

• mathia14
    1,271 Posts
    Fri, Dec 15 2017 4:28 PM

YankeeJim:

lonniescott711:
    Oh stop being such a sour puss

Nothing sour about telling it like it is. I enjoy the hell out of this game more today than I did when I first started. Whiners and criers don't belong.

@Robert-What a horror story! Oy with a vey!!

Neither do brown noser's.   In MHO.

RSS