Forums

Help › Forums

Server lag

Thu, Oct 29 2009 4:12 PM (34 replies)
  • WGTalex
    2,087 Posts
    Mon, Sep 28 2009 2:34 PM

Thanks for the report. Can you be more specific about the type of "lag" you are experiencing? Is it swing meter stutter, does it take a long time for the game to load, or does it take a long time to see your shot after you hit?

• tibbets
    1,043 Posts
    Mon, Sep 28 2009 3:40 PM

It's definitely the swing meter stutter type of lag.  I've tested the servers performance many times versus some of the others (wgtg04, wgtg03, etc), and found that the psj-gs servers consistently have the most swing meter stutter type lag.

• dorkfeatures
    712 Posts
    Mon, Sep 28 2009 8:17 PM

Hi,

Thanks for that info Tibbets - I'll keep an eye on that.

Its certainly the swing meter stutter - absolutely no question.

The other lags are bearable, but its the swing meter lag, stutter, spiking - call it what you like, thats the real issue here - for EVERYBODY.

It never use to worry me to much,but am finding it getting worse and worse. It even gets me on single play now !! 

Cheers Doug

• dorkfeatures
    712 Posts
    Mon, Sep 28 2009 8:27 PM

@WGTAlex

I have to say Alex I am absolutely flabbergasted, that you are still asking these types of questions on this issue. Have a look at the thousands of posts on this issue, pleading with you guys to try and sort it out !!

This issue is NOT NEW. It has been around almost from the start, I know - I have been here a while now, probably longer than most. Except Tibbets & Co of course. 

Also let me say - this is a great product Alex, I love it to death, and you guys do a great job. I have supported your cause for a long time now, and will continue to do so.

But - PLEASE - lets see if we cant resolve this swing meter issue. It would earn you guys heaps of browny points and improve the game play immensely :-)

All the best

Cheers Doug

• Tresclub
    934 Posts
    Mon, Sep 28 2009 11:41 PM

Tested this via IE7.  Played random 3 holes at BPB, and never once saw anything in that lower left hand corner, except the word done, and, my status bar was on all the time.  Closed out IE7, and loaded Firefox 3.5.3 Beta4.  I went to the game menu straight from this forum, and loaded Kiawah front nine. Did in fact see that text.  Saw two different ones:  Read/Transfering Media5.wgt.com  and  WGT6.wgt.com.  Played all nine holes, with the second window open behind the game window, and experienced the smoothest meter I've seen in weeks.  (Just thought I'd throw that little tidbit in there).

Warren

• tibbets
    1,043 Posts
    Mon, Sep 28 2009 11:49 PM

The wgtg#.wgt.com servers are by far the smoothest and most consistent.  It's the psj-gs#.wgt.com servers that are the issue I do believe.

I think we can pin this choppy swing meter issue down if we can narrow down the problems to a few of the servers, and find ways to improve the performance on those servers.  This very well may be the linchpin of the mystery behind the inconsistent meter.

• marioh
    1,055 Posts
    Tue, Sep 29 2009 4:40 AM

Yeah, can't find out the server names via Chrome, but can find current connections to specific IP addresses thru netstat.

I had started a list of all the different game servers, but came to the conclusion that I shouldn't be wasting my time with this.

• spitz201
    46 Posts
    Tue, Sep 29 2009 9:45 AM

this lag is a joke..meters all over the fin place

• mattgolffan1
    283 Posts
    Wed, Sep 30 2009 4:24 AM

this is probably the best post i have read yet on this issue...good 1 tib, i read this thread and played a few rounds and kept an eye on each 1 i was connected too..the 04 and 05 servers does seem to be the worst as far as the meter stuttering goes..and the 02 and the 06 server i was connected too seemed the best in my opinion...hopefully they can take notes on this and fix the stutter problems.

matt.

• marioh
    1,055 Posts
    Wed, Sep 30 2009 4:06 PM

Well, so far it looks like you're on the money Tibbets.

I had pretty much a lag free multi player game (including putts!) on 65.17.255.6.   The PSJ servers are in the 20 range...looks like I'll be avoiding them from here on out (until they fix the issue).

RSS