Forums

Help › Forums

Server lag

Thu, Oct 29 2009 4:12 PM (34 replies)
  • tibbets
    1,043 Posts
    Sat, Sep 26 2009 8:02 AM

Your psj-gs04.wgt.com server consistently gives the worst performance of all the servers you operate.  I get severe lag in both single player and multi player every time I connect to it.  You might want to check out the load balancing on that server, as well as checking the fragmentation.

For those of you who want to know what server you are connected to, click the Play Now button, and in the lower left hand portion of the window, there will be text that reads, "Transferring data from (server name here) ".  There are quite a few that are used, so make a note of the performance you get with each one and see if you can find the server that operates best/worst for you and report it.

• spitz201
    46 Posts
    Sat, Sep 26 2009 11:09 AM

there all junk

• spitz201
    46 Posts
    Sat, Sep 26 2009 11:13 AM

this site needs to retire...site is unbearable.

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Sat, Sep 26 2009 12:29 PM

Spitz.. you can retire.  You don't need to be here.

My God man, if the game is really causing you that much trouble, why in the world would you come back day in and day out...

Unless you LIKE whining so much.

• spitz201
    46 Posts
    Sat, Sep 26 2009 12:38 PM

dont get me wrong...i like the game...they just need to address the server issues

• molideha
    213 Posts
    Mon, Sep 28 2009 7:25 AM

tibbets:
    Your psj-gs04.wgt.com server consistently gives the worst performance of all the servers you operate.  I get severe lag in both single player and multi player every time I connect to it.

i waited all week for you to post a sub 30 in the week 39 9 hole single play...was shocked this morning to see that 30 held as the top score...i think i now know why it held.

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Mon, Sep 28 2009 9:03 AM

If for some reason you cannot see the "Transferring data" bit, then you may have your browser's status bar off.  At the top menu in IE or FireFox, click VIEW and make sure STATUS BAR is checked.

I'll keep an eye for this to see if I can confirm it.

• sabbath270
    231 Posts
    Mon, Sep 28 2009 9:07 AM

??? Mine always just says wgt.com or google-analytics.com

Using google chrome.

• tibbets
    1,043 Posts
    Mon, Sep 28 2009 9:09 AM

Yeah, sorry I forgot to mention that I use Firefox, and the status bar is on by default.

Sabbath, I'll post a picture to show you what I mean.

Down there in the lower left, currently reading psj-gs02.wgt.com

• sabbath270
    231 Posts
    Mon, Sep 28 2009 9:16 AM

I see, I don't think google chrome has a permanent status bar, it just kind of seems to pop up when it wants to.
    I was able to verify which server I was connected to by using netstat though, thanks for the tip on that gs02.

RSS