Help › Forums

WGT can put an End to Sandbagging!

rated by 0 users
Tue, Jun 14 2011 3:52 PM (37 replies)
  • MrDonVito
    472 Posts
    Sun, Jun 12 2011 4:41 PM

lol @ TaterNater

Can you imagine the day when/if wgt addresses this issue. Most of wgt would simultaneously break out into celebration. 

This is a very fun game, but could be great when/if wgt ever addresses the many issues its players continually ask for....

• tgames64
    67 Posts
    Mon, Jun 13 2011 9:17 AM

You people do realize this is a computer game for god sakes... lol

All the tragedies in the world today and this is what we have to *** about? 

WGT, keep on trukin baby. Seems no matter what you do, there will always be someone to complain... 

• JaLaBar
    1,254 Posts
    Tue, Jun 14 2011 2:41 AM

If WGT isn't going to enforce the T&C, then they should get rid of them.  Ridiculous when I see someone get a post blanked out because calling people out by name is against the T&C.  Well, so is dual accounting, and you can find one on the community spotlight almost any time.   So stop worrying that someone might get their panties in a bunch over being called out by name and start worrying about the important T&C, like no multi-accounts.

Yep, it is a computer game.  But it's a computer game that we spend money on, and as such, we should be able to expect people will follow the rules and WGT will find and remove those that don't.  As WGT expects the players to follow the T&C, they have an obligation to enforce them.

"But we can't monitor all these players" - Well, then you shouldn't have allowed more players than you can handle.  Hire more people until you have enough to adequately enforce your own rules.  I started law school before deciding I'd rather be a chef, but my limited knowledge tells me a legal challenge to the T&C would likely be successful, as WGT has shown no inclination to enforce the rules under which we spend our money.  If this was a totally free site, it would be different.  But since this is a for profit business, then the T&C are legally binding both ways.  And a court challenge would probably require WGT to go back through months of tourney results, investigate the winners, and if found suspect, determine who should have placed where and redistribute the winnings accordingly.

See, as much bluster as WGT has about how "credits have no cash value", legally unless WGT gives them away free, and does not charge real money for them, they do indeed have cash value.  Anything you sell for cash has cash value.  If that were not the case, the states that have banned WGT skill gaming would not have banned them, and I am sure the gaming commissions of the states that allow them would have an interest in finding what means WGT uses to enforce fairness and a level playing field in their gaming.

• JaLaBar
    1,254 Posts
    Tue, Jun 14 2011 2:49 AM

*wants to see Tiger Woods put on a mask, change his name to Wiger Toods, and tear up the Nissan tour*

• JaLaBar
    1,254 Posts
    Tue, Jun 14 2011 7:23 AM

The good, the bad, and the ugly:

The 'good': The Cheez clan - Yes, definitely dual accounts... in fact, the head Cheez states on his profile that he is a dual accounter.  Yes, they should all be deleted and the players IP blocked from every playing here again, but ultimately, this player is not playing in tournaments, readygos, MPCs, etc.  Not even the free unlimiteds.  So, not one of the people I point to.

The 'bad': The Haps - I have seen at least 4 different Haps.  All are 'friends' of each other and all DO play tournaments.  They should also all be deleted and the IP permanently blocked.  But this is the type of person, that is trying to game the system, that WGT should be finding and eliminating.  For the record, I have the names of all the Haps I found that were friends with each other on my Profile page, since WGT won't let me post them here.

The 'Ugly':  I have seen players, hacks with 62averages or lower, with multiple friends that are also hacks of 62 or under.  I do not believe it is one player but a group of friends that have all decided to game the system with multi-accounts.

There is a CC I know of, where it is almost Club policy to dual-account.

There is a player that has an alt that has a similar name, the same IP, the same e-mail address, has sent multiple gifts from the higher level to the lower level, and at times, forgets which one he is on and signs his posts from both with the same siggy.

I can find all these just from scouting around in between rounds.  It is WGT's job to find them.  Why can't they?

An answer from WGT why they have been derelict in this duty would be nice, though not expected.  Their cash register says 'If it ain't broke...".  It may take a legal challenge by someone with the resources to do so to get them to do more than sporadically and randomly enforce the rules.

Or perhaps letters to all the participating gaming commissions, national and international, stating that evidence points to WGT allowing cheating to occur in their skill-based gaming.

• mrsancho
    253 Posts
    Tue, Jun 14 2011 8:55 AM

tgames64:
    WGT, keep on trukin baby. Seems no matter what you do, there will always be someone to complain... 

Do u realize if WGT  was TRUCKIN , they would of been pulled over by the D.O.T and put OUT OF SERVICE AGES AGO??? LMAO  Too many FLAWS  people must complain to TRY and get heard ! 

Like TATERNATER SAID: THE END no replies from any1 important hha figures pfft

• MentalChaos
    141 Posts
    Tue, Jun 14 2011 2:16 PM

JaLaBar,

While you're statements all bear true, and are all logical, there's flaws in your theory as to how to stop it. For one, banning IP's only stops people with static IP's or those with ISP's who do not allow the changing of the IP. If you were to ban my IP for instance, within 5 minutes I could have a new one and I wouldnt even have to leave my chair. Also there may be legitimate people who share an IP that WGT is aware of (ie: family members, couples, dorm roomates, etc..). And even those who it would keep from accessing the site at their home, they could simply connect via a neighbors open Wifi source, a free public wifi source, or simply going to a local library or internet cafe. So you see banning of IP's doesnt really do much accept put a dent in the scheme.

The only true way to stop multi accounts that I have come up with is this,

First off you require that each member submit Credit Card information to be able to even create an account, linking that card to the specific account. Now by this I don't mean that everyone who signs up has to pay to play, but they have to just have a valid credit or debit card that they can link.

What this will do is setup a credit card value in the database which then when someone tries to start a new account if that card has already been used previously then access to a new account is denied.

Now this isn't a foolproof way of stopping multi-accounts because alot of people do have multiple credit cards, but it does hinder alot of people from signing up multiples.

Now I know some people will complain that they don't have a card or that they are a minor. Well for those without cards, I would say why would WGT even want you here because theyre hoping that you will get addicted and eventually spend money, but without a card to begin with that theory goes out the window anyways. As for minors, if their parents are willing to link a credit card to the account, then so be it, otherwise oh well.

By doing it this way WGT may lose a 1/3 or so of their members, but it would all be non-paying members anyways, so they wouldnt see a hit in profits.

Other than that any searching through the members to find multi accounts and try to block them from access somehow, or some algorithm that keeps them from sandbagging and being able to enter pay tourneys will do nothing but put a wall in the situation in which most of the people could just walk around anyways. 

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Tue, Jun 14 2011 3:52 PM

While I admire the zeal and zest of the "multi-account holder" hunters (i, myself, have been known to send a few emails toward WGT signifying questionable accounts) I have to say that I've come to see the light.

WGT will never do anything drastic about the multi-account holders.  They may, on occasion, delete the more mentally challenged who are obvious and blatant about it, but over all they just don't care.

Want me to tell you why?  Glad you asked.

Money.

Someday, someone will walk up to Mr. Cheng Yu-chiang, CEO of  WGT (correct spelling btw) and will offer to buy this intellectual property on a number of merits... one of which will be the sheer number of accounts.  We all know the more people you can get on your site the more money you will be offered when the big-boys (HELLO EASPORTS / NIKE /  SONY) come to buy you out.

If WGT was serious about knocking out multiples, single day "hacks", and various and sundry closed or unused accounts, their "population" numbers would be cut by 85 - 90%, imho.

Which do you think would get more money... to tell the fat-cats you had 5 million customers or 500,000?

Remember what "Deep Throat" said in "All the President's Men"...

"Follow the money."

RSS